The PBA must think we are stupid !!!

The PBA must think we are stupid !!!

What the heck is the PBA thinking ? For the first few days after the Teamsters got elected they were ptting out that they would offer their legal/membership for about 20 dollars a month for CO's and PO's since they aren't our bargaining unit anymore and then I get a letter in the mail today saying they want 31 dollars a month for it now. What the hell ? Myself and the other officers I have talked to say they probably would have paid the 20 dollars but aren't going to pay 31 dollars a month since they aren't the bargaining unit any longer. I know the teamsters legal is going to be basically useless short of a CJSTC hearing on yanking a certification or a PERC hearing appealing a firing but I am not about to pay the same basically as I was when they aren't the bargaining unit any longer and others are saying the same - I will just take my chances I guess until the Teamsters are tossed out in the next year or so.

Re: The PBA must think we are stupid !!!

You are only not thought of as stupid you are stupid. The only thing you idiots had going for you was the PBA and now you have set yourselves back 10 years. You could not have cut your own throats any better. Look how well FHP has done without the PBA. Still the lowest paid state police in the country. This is another reason why all County Jail people make more than you dorks. Had a few rough years when no one was getting a raise so you threw away decades of service and went to the teamsters? You should try trucking you would make more money. IDIOTS!

PBA sucks. That is why we went to another union. You must like no raise, lost jobs, cut in pay. And have prisons close around you. Because that is all we got with pba. Now Gil and fired board members please shut up. You lost, so now go away. :lol:

The Teamsters

Quote Originally Posted by uizstopid
    You are only not thought of as stupid you are stupid. The only thing you idiots had going for you was the PBA and now you have set yourselves back 10 years. You could not have cut your own throats any better. Look how well FHP has done without the PBA. Still the lowest paid state police in the country. This is another reason why all County Jail people make more than you dorks. Had a few rough years when no one was getting a raise so you threw away decades of service and went to the teamsters? You should try trucking you would make more money. IDIOTS!

:roll: In Florida no state agency is making anything despite who is representing them. Some locals make decent money (including a lot of PBA represented ones) because a union can actually affect some local elections quite a bit unlike a state office election. Nice try however.

In the end, bye bye pba and hello Teamsters,,,

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

No, in the END is where YOU will get it!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    And hello thousands of GEO uniforms due to the teamsters being a joke in Florida. :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by big d
    PBA sucks. That is why we went to another union. You must like no raise, lost jobs, cut in pay. And have prisons close around you. Because that is all we got with pba. Now Gil and fired board members please shut up. You lost, so now go away. :lol:

The Teamsters

The PBA might suck, but it was the best choice out there, now you have a group hiring the same people who used to work for the PBA. The teamsters have no clue how to represent a group of Prison Guards. Your govenor closed the prisons not the PBA, you got several pay raises even though it was some time ago, I agree, but wait and see what you get know. You lost jobs because of the economy just like every other state or county office. " I lost?" I lost nothing, I work for an agency who is smart enough to retain a solid unit, and I get paid well very well. "Go away?" Not until 2013, thank you, that is when you will continue to pay my salary after I retire. You deserve what you get. Every disciplinary case will be pushed to the max and with no reps the teamsters will start to crap on themselves. The elected ones do not respect or fear or have any ties to the teamsters. You aint gettin squat!

Well more people wanted the Teamsters! In fact it was over 55% who voted Teamsters. So, pba is now gone. It is so nice to see Gil and Jim go bye bye. You are now the leaders of the titanic. :lol:

Still can't believe the PBA chose to try this. This is crazy especially now that we are stuck with a bargaining unit that is absolutely uselss with the Florida Legislature for the next year.