Teamsters or PBA - we are screwed!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamsters or PBA - we are screwed!

Doesn't matter if the Teamsters or the PBA represent us, we are screwed either way because this is a right to work state and unions have virtually no power. We can't strike anyway so our fate is sealed. Both of these organizations are fighting for their lives because of declining memberships which equals less money. Their goals are survival, not doing the right things for its members. Just look at what the UAW did to its members and the auto companies. Lost jobs, bankruptcies and taxpayer funded bailouts. So don't expect anything from the Teamsters or the PBA because they are powerless in Florida. The days of unions selling votes to politicians for benefits are over because the politicians have no money and taxpayers are broke and unemployed.

Re: Teamsters or PBA - we are screwed!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Doesn't matter if the Teamsters or the PBA represent us, we are screwed either way because this is a right to work state and unions have virtually no power. We can't strike anyway so our fate is sealed. Both of these organizations are fighting for their lives because of declining memberships which equals less money. Their goals are survival, not doing the right things for its members. Just look at what the UAW did to its members and the auto companies. Lost jobs, bankruptcies and taxpayer funded bailouts. So don't expect anything from the Teamsters or the PBA because they are powerless in Florida. The days of unions selling votes to politicians for benefits are over because the politicians have no money and taxpayers are broke and unemployed.
    Mostly true but the one difference is the PBA might have picked off a few Republicans to stop the South Florida privatization bill ( which is almost certainly coming this session )from getting the majority to pass since almost all democrats will vote against it. I just don't see that even being a possibility with the teamsters.

nah PBA or the union of the picture tube somewhere over the rainbow isn't stopping this train . PBA got out in time and now can claim we didn't get private prisons they did. PBA did not fight hard for us because they knew they could sit out a year and get us back.

All sound like sour grapes to me Gil. Face it, you lost and the Teamsters are in as our union.

The Teamsters will show how useless they are this session. Just wait and see. Phil will appreciate the 50K or whatever it is from all the South Florida suckers who will be wearing GEO uniforms due to their decisions after July. :snicker:

Spoke with Phil yesterday. His mission was to get pba booted out and have a union in place that will do more for the officers. Only time will tell if this is going to happen? We all know pba has not done a dam thing for the past ten years. I guess the few losers at pba are hoping for failure. Kinda sad they want us all to suffer more. :x

Quote Originally Posted by derek
    Spoke with Phil yesterday. His mission was to get pba booted out and have a union in place that will do more for the officers. Only time will tell if this is going to happen? We all know pba has not done a dam thing for the past ten years. I guess the few losers at pba are hoping for failure. Kinda sad they want us all to suffer more. :x
    Phil are you talking to yourself again and having delusions? Convienient post Phil. Now when the teamsters fall flat on their face and then eventially get ran out of Florida you can say it was all those PBA pukes fault.

Great, even after a election you can still see this Phil guy everywhere! This guy has really gotten into your head. You must be the one who said the Teamsters and Phil would lose the election. Now we all know the Teamsters took over 54 percent of the votes. How crazy is that? When you really count the ballots in a election, Gil and pba lost. Oh no, I think I just saw Phil running through my back yard? :lol:

Will Phil be at the GEO meeting greeting their thousands of new officers who will be privatized now due to the Teamsters. :snicker:

Man, Gil is really pissed now that Phil made sure he and the pba board were booted out. :lol:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast