Teamsters Start Date?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Teamsters Start Date?

Okay, we now have the Teamsters, when do they become official? When can I start payroll deduction? How much will it be? Does it include legal? Do I need to cancel my PBA or is that automatic? Who is my local rep? What can I do to get involved? We are ready to get going!

Re: Teamsters Start Date?

Great questions. I guess Phil has all the answers. Just call him. :roll:

Okay, we now have the Teamsters, when do they become official? DECEMBER 3RD. When can I start payroll deduction? DECEMBER 3RD. How much will it be? $30.00 A MONTH. Does it include legal? YES Do I need to cancel my PBA or is that automatic? AUTOMATIC. Who is my local rep? DEPENDS ON WHERE YOU ARE IN THE STATE. What can I do to get involved? CALL THE TEAMSTERS AND TELL THEM YOU WANT TO BE INVOLVED. We are ready to get going! ME TOO!!!!

I think pba has 15 days from the election to appeal the count? After they fail at this step, it is time to cancel pba and jump on board with the Teamsters. Phil said the dues will be $30 dollars monthly and this will include the legal defense if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I think pba has 15 days from the election to appeal the count? After they fail at this step, it is time to cancel pba and jump on board with the Teamsters. Phil said the dues will be $30 dollars monthly and this will include the legal defense if needed.
    I need to file a grievance against management. Who do I contact at the Teamsters after becoming a member ?

Call Phil......

I called personel and asked this question the answer is this , DMS and the finacial folks are working on a template that will on the paycheck of 12-16-11 drop union membership of the PBA. You then must sign up for teamster and have the payroll Due check off done. I am doing it this week to ensure no stop in coverage. You do not have to drop PBA with a letter, it will automatically be done for you . While I did not vote teamsters I am joining them . if you google fldoc teamster the membership form is on the site. I just spent some time on the site and hey it is better them what we have had. Please take the survey and help them help us.

Quote Originally Posted by called personel
    I called personel and asked this question the answer is this , DMS and the finacial folks are working on a template that will on the paycheck of 12-16-11 drop union membership of the PBA. You then must sign up for teamster and have the payroll Due check off done. I am doing it this week to ensure no stop in coverage. You do not have to drop PBA with a letter, it will automatically be done for you . While I did not vote teamsters I am joining them . if you google fldoc teamster the membership form is on the site. I just spent some time on the site and hey it is better them what we have had. Please take the survey and help them help us.
    What about the rumors that the teamsters won't be doing basically anything for officers short of a hearing to fire you or a decertification hearing (which also means you end up without a job) - that you will be basically on your own with suspensions and grievances and the rest which is the vast majority of officer legal issues ? :cry:

All I know is that the satus que of the last 5 or 6 years with PBA has sucked. I think that we havea choice here and that choice is to stay with PBA and have the same old, or try andhelp the teamsters help us. It will not be a easy task to organize us as evident by the fact that the PBA has failed to do it with all the years they have had to try it. If they had been successful in organizing us , how did they just lose? I am leaning towards helping the teamsters give it a try. I will keep emailing and calling teamsters with my questions and see what I like . If you all check out the website you will find number for the Ken Wood, leave a message and someone will get back with you . United We stand divided we fall. So Make your choice if you have been happy with the same old then send the form in to PBA . If you want a change, then become teamster and offer to help. Just do something beside complain .

^ The teamsters are a joke in Florida period and all you naive officers will see the result of your stupid decisions pretty soon. Thousands will be wearing GEO uniforms soon for being so ignorant of reality.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast