We are in deep doo doo - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: We are in deep doo doo

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    So what will happen with my payroll deduction for the PBA? will it stop automatically?
    Yes.

Dont think I will join a Union again gonna save my money

Paying union dues to any union in right-to-work Florida is a total waste of money.

Paying union dues to any union in right-to-work Florida is a total waste of money.
    This is exactly right. I don't know the fascination with unions this agency has other than legal representation for prison guards who beat the shit out of inmates. Other than that, what good are they in a right-to-work state? That's why the legislature doesn't listen or give a damn about their demands and any union spouting otherwise is spewing garbage. They are nothing more than lobbyists and are treated as such. I've been employed with DC nearly twenty years (and belonged to PBA for some of those years but dropped them when I quit getting pay raises) and do not see what they've done for us. Did I mention I dropped them when I stopped getting pay raises? No union (Teamsters included) is going to convince the legislature to give DC raises and not the rest of the state, so guess what? We don't get raises. No union was going to stop the legislature from taking 3% of our pay. In case you didn't notice, ALL state employees lost that regardless of whether or not they had a union (lobbyists) in Tally fighting for them.

You union folks need to get over yourselves. You put a lot of time, faith and money into an organization who can promise you nothing. If you want real union benefits, move up north where it's NOT a right to work and the unions actually have pull with the rotation of the earth.

The above is more sour grapes by Gil and the losers at pba. :lol:

It is pointless to continue this thread. Teamster advocates are either too smart to waste time posting here or are unwilling to discus any of the points I raised. I hope it is the former. Only one poster addressed any of the issues. I stated Teamsters overwhelmingly support Democrats (which will open no doors for them with our legislature) and the poster replied that PBA supported Alex Sink. I did not get the point. I'm a conservative Republican and I voted for Sink too. I hated it, but she had the virtue of at least being honest even though her chances were slim. (she also has an F rating from the NRA and I'm a life member.)

Anyway, since no one here seems interested at any real dialogue, so long.

Marcos Olivari
    12-5

PS - someone (anonymous, of course) asked if I was going to support the teamsters. At this time, no. I have no faith they will able to accomplish squat for us for the reasons I already stated. If I did, I'd have voted for them. I don't owe PBA or anyone my vote, but the Teamsters never made their case.

Well said Marcos. If anyone tries to ask a valid question or make a valid point on this forum they are shot down by some mental midget that immediately has to call people names. (Mark for example) and spew negative comments. That is reason I will never support the Teamsters and will hope there are some pieces to pick up after they are through with sophomoric attempt to represent our officers in Florida. I guess since I do not support them either, I will be called a "pba puke".

Well said Marcos. If anyone tries to ask a valid question or make a valid point on this forum they are shot down by some mental midget that immediately has to call people names. (Mark for example) and spew negative comments. That is reason I will never support the Teamsters and will hope there are some pieces to pick up after they are through with sophomoric attempt to represent our officers in Florida. I guess since I do not support them either, I will be called a "pba puke".
    My guess is they will collect about a year's worth of dues from naive officers before they are tossed out for having no power whatsoever with the Florida legislature.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Sour grapes from the pba losers. Here is a " real Question ", why do you think the pba was just voted out of office? Pisst, because the Prison and Probation people were sick of their lies. When people like Matt Puckett (of pba) fails to attend senate hearings, my vote went to the Teamsters.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123