Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance

Insurance

You know that you have to look at what is going on around you. The state is now looking at revising the health care plan that it offers employees. They are talking about increasing premiums by as much as 7100 dollars. Everyone knows that it won’t be 7100 dollars for most employees but it will land somewhere around the 3500 to 4500 mark. That will happen with the LCSO sooner or later. Most likely sooner. You need to start rallying around your union. They will not be able to prevent insurance hikes but they can limit the damage that is done to you. Wages need to increase for you guys in a huge way. The salaries of the LCSO are all over the map and way under what everyone else makes. Why this isn’t publicized confuses me. But the point is this. Get your wages up quickly because if you don’t the insurance thing is going to kill you guys financially.

Re: Insurance

Where is the documentation around this allegation. This does not meet the sniff test due to health insurance premiums will be more than what most make in salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 610
    Where is the documentation around this allegation. This does not meet the sniff test due to health insurance premiums will be more than what most make in salary.
    The documentation is on the front page of today's Sunday 11/13, News-Press. It is titled, "State wants workers to pony up." Don't worry though, our great leader will make sure you are taken care of with raises...not!

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 610
    ...and it doesn't take a genius to see he's talking annual premium...

MS is not affected, so why should he care. He made it crystal clear long ago that he doesn't care what the Deputies make, never listened to their cries for help. Only felt the need to say publicly that the Deputies need to learn how to live within their means. (PUKE)

dont pay attention to trouble makers who have no clue what they are talking about. your insurance is not afilliated with the state and has nothing to do with the florida state pension system. LCSO is self insured. your one of the only agencies that pay for complete family coverage and YES and pays for complete coverage after retirement. ask anyone who has already retired. check out collier's insurance benifits. you guys are cutting off your nose to spite your face and being lead around like puppy dogs by bitter cry babies who have no clue how good you all really have it!!! the worst thing you could have ever done was vote in that union. big mistake

We have great insurance... IN LEE COUNTY. Should you go out of county and your insurance is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    We have great insurance... IN LEE COUNTY. Should you go out of county and your insurance is terrible.
    I just came from the dentist, first they laughed at my insurance, then told me it covers close to nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I just came from the dentist, first they laughed at my insurance, then told me it covers close to nothing.
    Shut up, you whiner! Be grateful for what you DO have. When I came on this job we didn't even have dental coverage. We went to the station and our sergeant fixed our dental problems with a stick! And guess what??? We didn't complain or whine or ***** because we were just happy to have jobs at all. If that was all the coverage our sheriff thought we needed, then by christ that was all the coverage we wanted! That's what's wrong with this generation today...they just want everything no matter what their sheriff or their captain or their lieutenant tells them they need.

I remember when they used to ask us to go to court on our days off and not get paid. Guess what? We didn't ask for money because asking for benefits when the boss tells you no is what WHINERS do. When my sergeant asked me to work a second shift but said he didn't feel like paying me, I WORKED!!! Because I was a TEAM PLAYER, not a whiner!!

You whiny punks had best just shut up and get behind your boss. He'll let you know what benefits you need.

2ofmany your are an idiot. I smell bullshit. Even if what you say is true about working a second shift, your a dumbass for doing so. Keep working for free you ball less schmuck. I love these so called oldtimers, the sky is falling. Stand up for yourselves. Also the dental insurance does suck. Maybe you don't ever use it because you only have two teeth in your head.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast