Miami PD gets spanked for pulling over marked FHP units - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Miami PD gets spanked for pulling over marked FHP units

Did I not explain that in my last post? Next time there's a signal 4 involving a sheriff's owned vehicle occurs in your city, you watch how fast a deputy comes and takes over your investigation. Not the Sheriff or supervisor but a lowly deputy.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Did I not explain that in my last post? Next time there's a signal 4 involving a sheriff's owned vehicle occurs in your city, you watch how fast a deputy comes and takes over your investigation. Not the Sheriff or supervisor but a lowly deputy.
    LOL, love how you have back tracked big time.

No department is going to get in the way of allowing their own department to work a traffic crash as long as the department is within their jurisdiction.

So if a Broward SO patrol car gets in a traffic crash in say Collier county on the alley or Miami-Dade county you can bet that your department will either call 1. FHP to handle the crash or 2. The SO of that county to handle the crash. If you are in Collier county you can be assured it will be FHP handling the crash because FHP handles all the Collier county patrol car crashes.

Oh and if you are found to be at fault in the crash FHP will write you a ticket and there is nothing your sheriff can say or do about it.

And for the record nobody's talking about not enforcing the law only a procedure on how to do it safely.

And for the record nobody's talking about not enforcing the law only a procedure on how to do it safely.
    First off there is no problem and this is a one off incident and your answer is to just not enforce the law because it is a cop.

No sheriff is going to go around telling other departments what or who they can stop in the county they are sheriff in. Any sheriff who tries that will not get reelected because the public will kick him out of office the next election.

So stop with all you're blustering about how important you think you are. Your sheriff is not going to issue any orders to any other departments.

Do all of you know you sound like a bunch of egotistical morons flexing muscle? Everyone knows what their independent job is, just do it instead of posting who has the biggest PP. Please. How immature. You guys call yourselves Law Enforcement Officers?? Grow the F*** up!

LOL, love how you have back tracked big time.

No department is going to get in the way of allowing their own department to work a traffic crash as long as the department is within their jurisdiction.

So if a Broward SO patrol car gets in a traffic crash in say Collier county on the alley or Miami-Dade county you can bet that your department will either call 1. FHP to handle the crash or 2. The SO of that county to handle the crash. If you are in Collier county you can be assured it will be FHP handling the crash because FHP handles all the Collier county patrol car crashes.

Oh and if you are found to be at fault in the crash FHP will write you a ticket and there is nothing your sheriff can say or do about it.
    Not back tracking but am saying theres a big difference between what the sheriff cant do and wont do.

And if a BSO car got into a crash in Collier County you can be damn sure the Broward sheriff would investigate why his car was in Collier County, since there ont allowed to be there. LOL. FHP is the only exception. According to FSS they have the ultimate jurisdiction in all traffic crashes so same as a deputy cane take over a crime scene a Trooper can take over a traffic crash.

And I'm not looking for police cars to be above the law, because to be honest if that were the case I'd just be quiet because after this incident it will be a long time before a cop pulls over another marked unit for ANYTHING. What I want and aparrently nobody is getting, is a change to police procedure to prevent a situation where uniformed police officers are pointing guns at each other.

Do all of you know you sound like a bunch of egotistical morons flexing muscle? Everyone knows what their independent job is, just do it instead of posting who has the biggest PP. Please. How immature. You guys call yourselves Law Enforcement Officers?? Grow the F*** up!
    Would you rather us egotistical morons flex our muscles here on this website or out on the street in public while wearing weapons? LOL

Nobody is saying that a deputy WOULD waltz in and take over a crime scene merely that a deputy COULD because state law provides the authority to do so. PDs are more than adequate to handle there own crime scenes etc... and frankly DSs have enough s**t to do already. This all started because I suggested the sheriff put out a countywide policy regarding 10-50ing marked units for officer safety. And if he chose to do so he could at the very least apply pressure for all agencies to comply. But he wouldn't have to because if he merely requests other agencies comply they likely would so as not to alienate the sheriff.
    The sheriff has no authority to place county wide orders to other departments on what laws they can enforce. There is nothing in Florida State Statutes that even remotely suggests that a Sheriff has the power to dictate to other agencies the method of enforcing lawful statutes that are on the books.

Only a court of law can put forth an order to not enforce a law and all departments including sheriff's departments are bound to comply with said court decision.

You are also wrong that any deputy can walk onto another departments crime scene and just take the scene away from them. That is a decision that will be made by higher ranking people in the sheriff's department then a road deputy. You don't have as much power as you think you have.

But please do try to take another departments crime scene all on your own because I would love to watch your sheriff in the press trying to explain his deputies poor decision to everyone.

You all also made a statement about Narvaro and Jennings. Narvaro was a crook as was Jennings, both were a disgrace to the law enforcement community.

FHP has egg on their face because they did not abide with a court ruling for ticketing drivers for flashing their headlights. A judge ruled that it was not a violation of the law for a driver to do that. FHP acted stupidly when they disregarded that court ruling.

The sheriff would look just as stupid to put out an order, opps sorry, to try and put out an order to other agencies prohibiting the stopping of a marked patrol car and he could forget about getting re-elected if he did try to do that. The sheriff can put out an order like that to his own department if he wants.

So I hate to tell you this but you are not going to see such an order from any sheriff in the state of Florida.
    The sheriff is the sheriff. He can do whatever he want's in regards to public safety in his county.Next you'll be telling us that the Sheriff has no authority to control a fire dept too. and he has no authority to put out fires in your city either.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234