Florida HP Stop of Miami Policeman Driving 120 mph - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Florida HP Stop of Miami Policeman Driving 120 mph

The other trooper who called MP because his brother is a supervisor there, is at fault as well. It was very unethical. He shouldn't use his family ties for official duties or personal gain.

Consequently, a fair counseling couldn't have been administered to Vokaty.

I was a LEO for 31 years and a Superviser for 22 of those 31 years.
    If in fact Lopez was driving at 120 MPH, as alleged by Watts, than he is an Ass .... and needs to be disciplined by his Department.
    If in fact Watts continued the pursuit after being instructed to discontinue the pursuit than she should be disciplined for failing to obey an order. In order to catch up to Lopez than I would have to assume she is going to have to drive at least 120 MPH or better to catch him. Are we going to endanger our own life, and the lives of others, for a Traffic Infraction??? The superviser made a good call for calling off the pursuit.
    If I was Watts I would definitely have had my gun unholstered in approaching the suspect vehicle. Once Lopez was properly IDed I would have holstered my weapon.
    Watts should have never handcuffed Lopez. That was clearly uncalled for. I know a whole lot of cops that would have escalated this matter to a whole new level if another cop tried to put the cuffs on them for a Traffic Infraction while they were driving a Marked Vehicle. That could have a pretty ugly ending. The verbal berating of Lopez by Watts was pretty sickening. I don't know how Lopez put up with that. If Watts felt as strongly as she did about the conduct of Lopez she should have put it to paper, through her Chain of Command, and let the Miami P.D. handle the matter. A Summons/Arrest is not how we should treat our Brother/Sister LEOs for a Traffic Infraction.
    I can't believe in this day and age, with budget constraints the way they are, that Lopez would be authorized to drive a Department Car to his Off-Duty Employment Gig???
    I don't know a lot about the Miami P.D., but if I was the person in charge, I would be somewhat concerned that so many people are calling my Department so Corrupt....

Then, the Miami Police Chief comes out with a new policy virtually granting "Diplomatic Immunity" to troopers in his jurisdiction; after his officer was mistreated by those troopers. Unbelievable!

It's sad to see so many LEO's stating that Officer Lopez is Guilty. It is an ALLEGATION. I'm sure the Trooper will TestiLIE in court. If she was in a stopped vehicle, there is no way that she did not lose sight of the vehicle that passed her at 120 mph. She stated that it was either a Miami PD or DOT, she wasnt sure. I don't know the policies in Florida, but, I wouldn't want to be a FHP that has to go into a Miami Police Station, & I am sure most Local PD's share Miami's feelings.

Here in NY, Police vehicles are Emergency vehicles, & are immune to the VTL, so another agency, City, County, or State, have no authority to stop it, & I am wondering if it is the case in Florida also?

Saturday Delivery Diamox Cod

Diamox Amex Saturday shipping, Buy diamox, Buy Diamox online no prescription

I am former LEO from Massachusetts and come from a long family line of same. I have NEVER seen such shameful actions on the part of any LEO directed against another. The bottom line is the FHP trooper should have taken down the Miami cruiser's number and sent it up proper channels. Period.

IMHO, Ms Watts is a loose cannon, dangerous to any and all LEOs around here. This wing nut should be taken off the public way before someone gets hurt, including herself.

I have never seen such a despicable act committed against a fellow LEO And the fallout between to two agencies is predicable after seeing the complete lack of action against EITHER office by each of their agencies. This type of Police MISSmanagement can only jeopardize the safety of BOTH agencies' staff and the public they serve.

Its time for management to step up to the plate and discipline the Miami Police officer and get that loose wingnut of an FHP Trooper disarmed.

As to you public readers, don't even bother replying. You don't understand and never EVER will you. And that's not your fault either. OUR job is to protect YOU, period.

vente Etoposide

Vepesid farmacia online productos, Buy vepesid, Vepesid mechanism of action at Chester

Folks, please understand that Watts own video tape proves she went off the reservation, to be polite, with her acts. Her tape she says a car with a blue light bar blew past me at 120 mph, don't know if it is a COP or DOT car. Then advises she lost sight of the car. In Florida , if your are following an offender for a misdemeanor you can follow them to the state line and arrest them. But the law says you lose sight of the offender, you have to get a warrant to make the arrest. Please remember this. Her sergeant for the first time tells her to stop. Now, your thinking yeah he said that because it was a cop. No, just about all police entities in the U S, DO NOT CHASE VEHICLES FOR A TRAFFIC VIOLATION. Some, will not even chase a vehicle for a non violent felonies. She keeps advising and the tape has a voice asking if she still has her siren on. Remember, she was ordered to stop. So she turns off the siren and lights, and speeds up. She finally catches A police car, and clocks it going at 78 mph. Again she said she doesn't know if it is a cop or dot car remember? She gives the tag wrongly, advises this car is city of Miami, and gives a vehicle number. AGAIN her sgt. tells to stop the pursuit, she has the info. She continues and sees the cop car changing lanes, cop seeing an emergency vehicle behind him with lights and sirens says he was trying to get out of the way. He stops, she stops and runs up and aims her firearm at a uniformed cop riding a marked police vehicle OVER A TRAFFIC VIOLATION. By this time the city of Miami knows about a cop car of theirs is in something but have no reports of a stolen city car. She aims her gun till the officer exits with his arm raised. And then, tells him he is under arrest for going over 120 mph, handcuffs him. He says no mamm, no mamm. She is your hero now i am sure. But you see, her 120 mph isn't based on being behind the suspect car and using your certified speedometer to a know the actual speed. It was based on a guess. And guesses in court? Get my drift? So her "reckless driving" charge has even less validity. The court rulings say speed in of it's self is not reckless, and the 120 is guesstimate anyway. But the biggest screw up besides the gun to the face of a uniformed cop, was her arrest. She lost sight of the offending vehicle she first saw. She had no idea the car she sees now is the one she saw before. SHE HAD TO GET THE WARRANT TO ARREST! Remember I asked you to remember that little gem before? And now, you arrest someone without authority of law, it is called false imprisonment. Yes, and it is a felony, and cops have been arrested, tried and convicted of such in the past. And try her times/distances according to her own words. One is all i am going to post. You travel 7 minutes at OVER 120 mph, the minimum distance you travel is 14 miles, not the 11 and then 12 miles she states This isn't trying to excuse a cop or dot car speeding past a trooper. It is trying to point out the facts the media left out. And you know what, even cops have the right to be presumed innocent till their day in court. And if the day ever comes, and I hope not, someone is kicking in your door at 4 am with you inside Screaming to police dispatcher on the phone, where are the cops. You sure as hell won't give a caca how fast the cops went to get there. But people what if she in her hectic, excuse me, crazy traffic stop had accidently shot lopez in the head, Would the headlines, TROOPER KILLS UNIFORMED COP RIDING A MARKED POLICE CAR OVER A TRAFFIC VIOLATION make you happy? ASK any cop you know if they have ever heard of a cop aiming his firearm at a uniformed cop riding a marked vehicle over a traffic violation. Tough enough job that cops do already, and do not need to worry about WATTS with a gun.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234