Uniform committee
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Uniform committee

I was reading the TQM minutes from the past year. It says there is a uniform committee that was going to be formed. That was the first I had heard of it. Does anyone know who is on the committee and what they are looking at changing?

Re: Uniform committee

The same people on the TQM committe are on the uniform committe. I believe they said that in the August TQM minutes.

I'm trying to remember when anything significant and good came out of the TQM Committee.

And trying, and trying, and trying............................

:? :? :?

They are thinking about going with a green shirt - not sure if it's the dress style or .511 style.

Its about time! A lot of agencies are changing their uniforms, as new a Sheriff takes the position over. Pasco is the latest, going with BDU's. This has been a gripe here for a long time. Glad to see they are moving forward with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Its about time! A lot of agencies are changing their uniforms, as new a Sheriff takes the position over. Pasco is the latest, going with BDU's. This has been a gripe here for a long time. Glad to see they are moving forward with it.

A word of advice; DON'T get your hopes up.

Quote Originally Posted by No change

A word of advice; DON'T get your hopes up.
    Just tell the current administration that you absolutely love the current white shirts and see how fast they change to the green.

I too have seen where most agencies are switching to the green uniforms, which honestly are a tremendous improvement over the current white bus driver shirts. Just to name a few, they are much more tactically safe, save money, easier to keep clean and ten times more comfortable if the switch is to both BDU shirt & pants. Just imagine being able to search for somebody in the woods or fingerprint a crime scene without ruining another shirt. I know, this all makes to much common sense.

This is one area that I thought our present Sheriff would have changed when he took over office. It's not too late to do the right thing and get rid of the bus driver shirts once and for all. PLEASE.

A gripe here for a long time? You have a talent for understatement.

It has been a gripe here since Malcolm Beard made the change from FHP-look-alike tan and brown uniforms to white shirts and green pants in 1965. That's more than 45 years :snicker: .

Am I the only one that was around back in 2003 when they had two new uniforms on display at the district roll call rooms along with the one we have now? Brown shirt and green shirt also? It was put to a vote by everyone sworn and the ole green and white won the race?

Am I the only one that was around back in 2003 when they had two new uniforms on display at the district roll call rooms along with the one we have now? Brown shirt and green shirt also? It was put to a vote by everyone sworn and the ole green and white won the race?
    Seriously dude? Back then we picked the lesser of two evils. It was either what we have now or could have ran around looking like an FDOC Corrections Officer with a gun. I don't remember any green shirt choice back then.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast