FLORIDA DEPARTMENT of ENVIRONMENTAL POLICE - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: FLORIDA DEPARTMENT of ENVIRONMENTAL POLICE

Quote Originally Posted by Guestofus
    CARL Officers don't work traffic crashes on the Forests. They TOT to FHP. So, maybe after the mergers instead of FWC having to work a crash in a State Park, maybe the new rules will be TOT the State Park crashes to FHP. See, now there is a happy thought.
    I hate you. :evil:

Lightbulb Re: FLORIDA DEPARTMENT of ENVIRONMENTAL POLICE

: FLORIDA DEPARTMENT of ENVIRONMENTAL POLICE
    by So Fla Trooper » 02/16/12 18:36:29

Guestofus wrote:
    CARL Officers don't work traffic crashes on the Forests. They TOT to FHP. So, maybe after the mergers instead of FWC having to work a crash in a State Park, maybe the new rules will be TOT the State Park crashes to FHP. See, now there is a happy thought.
    I hate you , replies So. Fla. Trooper

FWC and CARL hates Sig 4. Loves Troopers , Smoooochie. You can have my DUI's too.

As the unofficial consolidation Arbitrator. I have made my final decision. DEP and CARL are going to FWC. Therefore they must become FWC Officers and herein they will check hunters and fisherman, chase poachers and wrestle alligators. Burglaries will be worked by Deputies, Crashes will be worked by FHP Troopers ( ok sure they will take the DUI's too ), Wildfires will be woked by AG Law Investigators. There , the Arbitrator has spoken and it is settled. Don't make me call Rick!

Quote Originally Posted by Arbitrator
    As the unofficial consolidation Arbitrator. I have made my final decision. DEP and CARL are going to FWC. Therefore they must become FWC Officers and herein they will check hunters and fisherman, chase poachers and wrestle alligators. Burglaries will be worked by Deputies, Crashes will be worked by FHP Troopers ( ok sure they will take the DUI's too ), Wildfires will be woked by AG Law Investigators. There , the Arbitrator has spoken and it is settled. Don't make me call Rick!
    Ummmm, no. Col Brown pitched it to the legislation that FWC would take on all of the duties of DEP and CARL. This means that the pain goes both ways. DEP and CARL officers will handle the duties of FWC. Current FWC officers will handle the duties of DEP and CARL. No more TOT except in cases of homicide, sexual battery, etc. Bone up on your crash reports and step up for your latents kit, grab your fire fighting gear.

I've only seen a DEP officer when they dumped something on me or a local agency only to run to the next park. So I'm no expert in what they actually "Do"......but I can testify to what they don't do and that's a whole lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I've only seen a DEP officer when they dumped something on me or a local agency only to run to the next park. So I'm no expert in what they actually "Do"......but I can testify to what they don't do and that's a whole lot.
    You don't say what it is you "do". Chances are, it is very little.
    If you mean a S4 on an interstate particularly with serious injuries or a offense committed in a city, yes. There are far more FHP troopers, deputies, and city officers than there are of us and it is your assigned duty. If you mean a burglary, crash, or other offenses in a park, no. That is our assigned duty. We will contact an FWC officer for assistance with a poaching issue in a park since there is usually only one or two of us for multiple parks spread across multiple counties. By the same token, most troopers, deputies, and officers are quick to pawn off on some other agency duties that are either not in their area or that they don't normally handle. If you are a FWC officer, no offense, but your GO states you will turn over a number of different offenses to other agencies.

Current FWC officers will handle the duties of DEP and CARL. No more TOT except in cases of homicide, sexual battery, etc. Bone up on your crash reports and step up for your latents kit, grab your fire fighting gear. ///

Well actually the primary Wildfire Investigators are the AG Law Investigators. CARL just picks up the over flow. FWC would be suckers to get stuck with the wildfires, they would need to hire more Investigators to handle them all. Since Forestry ( Agriculture ) fights the fires then AG Law should investigate them as well.

You argue about duties, why not spend your energy on fixing the fact that you make 32K a year?

You argue about duties, why not spend your energy on fixing the fact that you make 32K a year? ///

I am. This life long Republican is campaigning for and donating money to the Democrats for the first time in my life.

Quote Originally Posted by Guestofus
    You argue about duties, why not spend your energy on fixing the fact that you make 32K a year? ///

I am. This life long Republican is campaigning for and donating money to the Democrats for the first time in my life.
    Same here. I didn't vote for Obama or any of the state democrats in past years, that is changing now. Impeach Scott and the republican leadership now. Anyone with an affiliate past or present to the tea party, throw the bums out.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast