Delaying/Intercepting First Class Mail

Delaying/Intercepting First Class Mail

I work for the Florida Department of Corrections. Presently the PBA, Teamsters, and another bargaining unit are fighting for representation of correctional officers and state probation officers. The teamsters sent first class mail addressed to all officers (at least to the probation officers). A supervisor informed me they received the mail over a week ago and will not distribute them to the addressees (I saw stack bundled on his desk). He then showed me an email from Tallahassee, directing them not to distribute the first class mail siting it violated department policy indicating it was personal mail and may not be sent to the office.

I'm not a teamster's member or fan. I'm a former Fraternal Order of Police member, and I remember a similar incident with a sheriff's office in the state where they were trying to form a union. FOP sent first class mail to all the deputies, and the sheriff intercepted them. FOP filed a compliant with the postal inspectors. They then intervened advising intercepting and/or delaying first class mail is a violation of federal law. The sheriff in question immediately distributed the mail when confronted by the postal inspectors.

So my bottom line question is, can my employer intercept first class mail addressed to me at work that was not solicited by me?

Unregistered
    In the last 5 years over a thousand viewers read your question, presumably most are USPS employees. None of them had the decency to answer your question. Postal employees are the laziest, most incompetent government (or quasi government) of all the agencies.
    This is what happens when people are promoted based on their demographics as opposed to their skills.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    In the last 5 years over a thousand viewers read your question, presumably most are USPS employees. None of them had the decency to answer your question. Postal employees are the laziest, most incompetent government (or quasi government) of all the agencies.
    This is what happens when people are promoted based on their demographics as opposed to their skills.
    Maybe it's because most of the mail carriers are too dumb to read. That's why they came out with zip codes, to overcome carrier illiteracy.

Unregistered
    thanks for the info

Unregistered
    Yuo can files a lost pakcage claim online.