From WCTV.tv

Wakulla County, FL---

Suzanne Smith has signs in her front yard supporting Charlie Creel for sheriff. Wakulla County Undersheriff Maurice Langston is running against the former FHP trooper for sheriff. And Smith thinks whoever destroyed her mailbox did it because of the Creel signs in her yard.

Suzanne Smith's mailbox has been repaired now, but she says this is not the first time her mailbox has been destroyed and her home has been vandalized.

"Dumping garbage, they've destroyed some of our trees," says Smith.

Smith says she's a huge supporter for candidates every election. And for the past 5 years, every time there's a sign in her yard vandals attack her home.

"Folks should have the right to vote for who they want to and put signs up and show their support for these people without someone coming along and knocking the signs down or being ugly about it," says Karen Hall, Wakulla County Resident.

"I think now I may become more active again, because I'm not going to be intimidated," says Smith.

Suzanne Smith says the Sheriff's Office told her husband that a car might have accidentally ran over her mailbox, but Smith still believes it was politically motivated.

The sheriff's office has not confirmed the incident to be an act of vandalism stemmed from the sheriff's race.