Merger Park Police to FWCC - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Merger Park Police to FWCC

Quote Originally Posted by Depeeps
    Hey where is the idiot now. I told you we were a sinking ship and Gibson wasn't doing anything for us. You were all snowballed. :devil:
    How are we a sinking ship and who got snowballed? If you read the entire document as outlined, the plan is to move the entire DEP DLE into FWC. Officers will still patrol parks while backup will be provided by FWC officers in the surrounding area. No one is losing their jobs. The details have to be hammered out and it remains to be seen if current DEP and FWC officers will easily be able to switch assignments. As was stated earlier, this is the plan which is subject to approval by the legislature and governor.
    In the meantime, you continue to sound like chicken little.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAINING
    In preparation to the absorption of the FDEP Division of Law Enforcement, FWC has prepared several seminars in order to facilitate an easier transmission in to their ranks.
    The first seminar to be offered will be “Chew is your friend” and will detail the following topics:
    1-The history of chew
    2-The difference between whole chew and snuff
    3-The etiquette of chew
    4-Where to keep your spit cup in the patrol vehicle
    5-How to remove those pesky chew stains from your uniform
    6-How to master the “Josey Wales” spit.
    7-Chew spit as a defensive weapon
    Keep tuned for more new and exiting training opportunities from FWC, and remember,
    “ Resistance is futile”
    Hilarious and sad at the same time!

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Hey where is the idiot now. I told you we were a sinking ship and Gibson wasn't doing anything for us. You were all snowballed. :devil:
    How are we a sinking ship and who got snowballed? If you read the entire document as outlined, the plan is to move the entire DEP DLE into FWC. Officers will still patrol parks while backup will be provided by FWC officers in the surrounding area. No one is losing their jobs. The details have to be hammered out and it remains to be seen if current DEP and FWC officers will easily be able to switch assignments. As was stated earlier, this is the plan which is subject to approval by the legislature and governor.

Absolute B.S.
    1- Read the document and pay particular attention to pages 9 & 10.
    2. Become familiar with FWC and how they do business.
    Then you will realize that:
    1- A percentage of DEP supervisory personnel will be re-assigned (demoted) to either patrol or investigative duties. The document states 10%, but if they are talking of 10% of 175.5 employees that translates to 17 supervisory positions. Do the math and tell me how many Lts and Capts we have.

2-Once this is done, all of former DEP Personnel will be under the supervision and control of FWC supervisors to be assigned and re-assigned at their will.

I read absolutely nothing that would even remotely indicate that any of those positions were protected and that the integrity of the Park Police or CIB will be maintained.

This is not going to be a merger, but instead a dismantling of the DEP Division of Law Enforcement in order to take the budgeted positions, equipment and trust funds to be used by FWC.
    I you see it in any other way, please tell me (factually) please, because as far as I am concern, we haven't been duped; we been screwed!

I tried to tell you all that FWC is a constitutional agency and they would be on top. -Just like the FMP/GFC merger folks!

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line

Absolute B.S.
    1- A percentage of DEP supervisory personnel will be re-assigned (demoted) to either patrol or investigative duties. The document states 10%, but if they are talking of 10% of 175.5 employees that translates to 17 supervisory positions. Do the math and tell me how many Lts and Capts we have.

2-Once this is done, all of former DEP Personnel will be under the supervision and control of FWC supervisors to be assigned and re-assigned at their will.

I read absolutely nothing that would even remotely indicate that any of those positions were protected and that the integrity of the Park Police or CIB will be maintained.

This is not going to be a merger, but instead a dismantling of the DEP Division of Law Enforcement in order to take the budgeted positions, equipment and trust funds to be used by FWC.
    I you see it in any other way, please tell me (factually) please, because as far as I am concern, we haven't been duped; we been screwed!
    Where can I find this document? No one should be surprised by this. Everyone for the last 5 years was talking about a DEP/FWC merger.

As long as I can have no activity and get to off duty job on time I don't care who we merge with.

This sounds like chicken little again alias DEPEEPS.
    If you read the entire 11 page document posted on the DHSMV website, environmental subteam, and the briefing page prepared by FWC and forwarded to everyone on the DEP DLE website you would have seen the following:

1. the entirety of DEP DLE including all personnel, assets, and MISSION, would be transferred to the FWC. The rationale behind the transfer to FWC instead of FWC transferring to DEP has a number of reasons including the fact that FWC is 10 times larger than us meaning they aready have the administration, assets, etc in place for a force that will number approx 1000.
    2. One of the examples given and rationale for the consolidation is that our agencys individually are understaffed for the assigned areas requiring local agencies to assist. The example states if a RESIDENT PARK OFFICER needs assistance, then the FWC officers in the area will assist rather than call the SO/PD.
    3. When it refers to a 1 to 10 span of command, it is referring to 1 LT to 10 officers. Currently we are near 1 to 8, this does not count the captains or major. We have approx 11 LTs, 5 CPTs, and 1 Major. There may be a few others that I am not aware of. For us to go to a 1-10 ratio, we would probably lose 2 LTs. FWC from what I was told, was approx 1-6 before the budget process. It was originally suggested that they lose 160 positions, but was able to avoid that by restructuring and reducing a number of their LTs and above. FWC is aiming for a 1 LT to 10 officer span of command meaning they will have to reduce more of their people. In a consolidation, it would be difficult to say who will remain in a rank and who won't. It would most likely go by seniority, anything else would be subject to an IG complaint. There is no doubt though that an FWC supervisor or command will be somewhere in your chain of command, we have 17 ranking personnel and they have over 90.
    4. The fact that FWC is taking on DEP DLEs and AGLAW CARLs mission means they have to staff it at either the current or higher level in order to provide justification for the consolidation. They will not be able to take the funds and personnel without providing protection in those areas.
    5. For the person who wrote about the FWC being a constitutional agency, you are mistaken. FWCC is a commission protected under the constitution, FWC Law enforcement agency is not protected.
    As has been repeatedly stated, this is preliminary and was drafted by a member of the FWC. There are a number of laws that have to be amended and it requires the support of the legislature and governor. While the argument in favor of consolidating under FWC is it is a larger agency, it's primary function is protection of fish and wildlife. The consolidation would establish an Environmental Law Enforcement agency (Florida Environmental Police force?) which is closer to a function of DEP.
    If there is a bright spot here, we would not have to wait each year to see if we were going to be eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Line

Absolute B.S.

Blue Line ,you hit it right on the head how it will happen.The powers to be in Talli will go forward with this and the Gov.will support it.It is all about saving money and getting rid of duplication of command in LE.When the money was flowing,no one cared.Now most small special units will be combined into the bigger divisions.Some of our bosses will be demoted or not retained in the merger.As I said,learn the FWC polices,they are on line.We will be expected to follow them and know them.Again,DEP was sure great little unit while it lasted.

Xxxxxxxxx, you still continue to suck up because you know that FWC reads this board. We would say you got problems, won't last with a professional organization as FWC. For those that whine about our training, better fined another job. FWC will kick your ass, not kiss your ass. They have standards, not whiner suck ups that get their way because their big toe hurts. Boohoo babies........ Preach that one Gibson!

Depeeps/FYI I have no problem going over to FWCC.It is all very easy for me.I have been a full time Police Officer for a very long time.20 + years with large police agency before DEP.That is the reason I joined DEP to get out of the large org.It is what it is.What I have seen from FWCC, it looks to be a good unit.By the way,I have never sucked up to anyone and never intened to.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast