Pensacola PD vs Escambia SO vs Santa Rosa SO

Pensacola PD vs Escambia SO vs Santa Rosa SO

I am currently finishing my Law Enforcement Training at George Stone and I will finish my Bachelor's Degree in Police Science in May and I was debating on which of the three agencies would offer the best pay (if any have higher salaries for officers with 4 yr degrees), benefits, degree incentive etc. I have looked on the websites for all three agencies and even talked on the phone with HR for the different agencies. I was hoping someone who has worked in more than one of these agencies could give me some advice. I have already ruled out FHP after reading posts on their forum. They seem to be having way too many problems. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Pensacola PD vs Escambia SO vs Santa Rosa SO

Not Pensacola PD. You'll be struck at your starting salary till you retire.

Don't come to SRSO, we have been on a pay freeze for several years also. We have several cars in excess of 200,000 miles on them and there are several that are almost 10 years old. The majority of our fleet has well over 100,00 miles on them. You will be stuck in patrol your entire career and most Sgt's make less thansenior deputies. I think your degree will get you about an extra $20 a month.

I think with a 4yr degree you should look at a Federal Govt. LE Job. The pay is much better starting out and the Feds have unlimited resources compared to Local and County gov'ts here in Florida. Just my opinion....

dont come to escambia, no pay and shitty admin

if you think you are special because you have a degree, take that degree and shove it up your ass. If you think that degree gets you special consideration you don't have a clue. TSA is Federal, apply with them!

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1914243
    if you think you are special because you have a degree, take that degree and shove it up your ass. If you think that degree gets you special consideration you don't have a clue. TSA is Federal, apply with them!
    How discouraging that you would say something like that to a kid who worked to get his degree before beginning a career in law enforcement. Would you want someone to speak to your son or daughter that way? I would hope they would not. Good luck with your issues.

Unregistered
    Congrats on your degree and finishing rookie school. Stay as far away from Escambia as you can, the administration is as corrupt as they come. They take a lot of pride in ruining careers and people if they take a dislike to you.

Unregistered
    [QUOTE=;1914243]if you think you are special because you have a degree, take that degree and shove it up your ass. If you think that degree gets you special consideration you don't have a clue. TSA is Federal, apply with them

My aren't you a sensitive little man, with some obvious issues. You probably strive to be the FTO everyone hates, hoping to get the nickname "The Terminator". Sad sad little man.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by ;1914243
    That comment right there is all the answer you need about working for any of those three agencies. I agree with the poster who said to go Federal. That's your best option. If you can't get a Federal job right away, then go with Escambia SO (bigger, better chances of doing something in addition to patrol), but DO NOT give up on the Federal route if you want a LE career. I spent 12 years with Escambia SO, 10 of which were as a Deputy, and I switched careers. If you go to work there, enjoy the job, but don't stay there. You'll be a lot happier in the end if you get some experience for a few years then get out.