Bushong Campaing spammer thread - Page 2
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: It's your time

Let me see if I'm getting this right. MS was well known in the community because of his years giving the morning traffic report on WBBH, getting his face and name out there is half the battle when running for any office. MS has education, BA and Masters in Administration, good for him. Yet, he failed the Sgt exam and wanted to be promoted even though he failed, RS told him no, so off he goes to run for Sheriff. The last three Sheriffs at least had some administrative experiences, Wanicka was a Sgt when he ran, note then the Sheriff's Office had one Major, three Captains and less than five Lieutenants, so a Sgt was pretty good, back then. McDougall, was a Sgt, F/Sgt, Lieutenant, Captain, Major and an appointed Sheriff before he ran. Shoap, was a Sgt, F/Sgt, Lieutenant, Captain and Major before he ran. All of these previous Sheriff's had personal problems, yet none of them just promoted people over rank because they were their friends, as did MS when he first became Sheriff, these were paybacks. All of the Sheriff's mentioned did have supervisory experience over certified and civilian personnel. Experience is important, so what MS has done is just an example of what a person can do without experience. At least Lee passed the exams, MS didn't.

MS wanted support from police and fire unions and promised he'd support a vote, didn't happen. The first day he is in office, raised the salary of staff and a select few of civilian sec. and assistants, once again paybacks. Promised no cars for non-certified, lied again. The list goes on and on and on. Shoap in 08 pointed out several points that MS used against him in 04 and that MS had exceeded most if not all of them. MS couldn't deny them, so he went after Shoap's association with LV and the DUI case.

What I fine interesting is that MS used the high fatal crashes against Shoap, yet his first year in office fatal crashes went above that, crime went up, no more Deputies on the street, high paying and more of them staff officers, huge budget increases and all of this he used against Shoap in 04. MS's smile won them over once again in 08. His recent promotions and giving the BOCC back millions came after the union election, if you don't think this was planned, then, think again, he already had it planned out.

You know, Lee is not what I call a politician. He is a cop. And I think would be great to have him run this office. He didn't get to where he got based on who he knew, or favors he did. He did it by doing a solid day's work every day.

I believe that he will be the one to give raises to deputies, streamline the budget. This is a law enforcement agency. Not a civilian coddling agency. We are about fighting crime. There needs to be less bosses.

Lee always said there were way too many chiefs. To many majors. Really, this agency does not need two colonels, a chief, and 50 majors.

I am placing my faith in Lee. MS is not worthy. He has been compromised as a politician. He is just a low class motorcycle driver. He wasn't even good as a traffic cop.

Another thing in the difference between Lee and Mike. Lee stands up for what he believes. I remember when Chris Shoap was in the running for sergeant and they kept messing with him by not promoting him (later the paper reported that it was because of **** Spence meddling). Lee told Chris that he would loose his bars before Chris would not get promoted. He believed in Chris that much that he was willing to risk his lieutenancy. And even though Lee did loose his bars, he did it trying to ensure that the cops that worked for him worked. We all know that there are lazy cops, and I am not saying his people at that time were lazy, but I am saying that he believed everyone should work for the interests of the people. Not for their own interests.

Can you imagine what it would be like to work for someone who believed in another deputy so much as to risk his bars?

Lee is what we need!!! Bring it on!

Lee,
    You were an ok deputy and ok Detective, I don't ever remember you in Homicide or working any homicides, but some say you were good in Intell, while others said no way. I'm not sure what your agenda is here other than to log onto LEO Affairs and portray yourself as a Saint!! Guess again. And I don't care how many times you post as a guest either. *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations*.
    You as Sheriff!! are you kidding me. *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* and I'm sure that fact will soon come out. You used people you worked with to get the ear of FDLE then *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* as blatantly as you could. Something that has not gone unnoticed.
    I did not mind working with you, but now that your gone, I couldn’t be happier.

Let’s see Bushong’s Command Staff:
    Deputy Chief: Charlie F.
    Deputy Chief: Domminic F.
    All other positions open due to mass resignation/retirements.

Your friend and hopefully never your co-worker again!

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray
    Lee,
    You were an ok deputy and ok Detective, I don't ever remember you in Homicide or working any homicides, but some say you were good in Intell, while others said no way. I'm not sure what your agenda is here other than to log onto LEO Affairs and portray yourself as a Saint!! Guess again. And I don't care how many times you post as a guest either. *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations*
    You as Sheriff!! are you kidding me. *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* and I'm sure that fact will soon come out. You used people you worked with to get the ear of FDLE then *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* as blatantly as you could. Something that has not gone unnoticed.
    I did not mind working with you, but now that your gone, I couldn’t be happier.

Let’s see Bushong’s Command Staff:
    Deputy Chief: Charlie F.
    Deputy Chief: Domminic F.
    All other positions open due to mass resignation/retirements.

Your friend and hopefully never your co-worker again!
    A *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* according to who? We have the best liar leading the agency! The fact will soon come out? Let me guess the Sheriff is working on that, im sure he will be cleared as usual because everyone knows MS is all about honesty!

Here are some facts:

There was no money for deputies, but plenty for civilians!

The Sheriff claimed DF failed a polygraph and yet there was no report it was done over the phone!

He was involved and close friends with a convicted felon! ( He claimed to have no knowledge of his past)

He fired and rehired a LT over a minor infraction! In the case of DS, anyone involed in that case was removed or demoted! (coincidence)

You don't know Lee. Apparently, you are of the MS camp, and if you are, no one will blame you for trying to keep your failing leader in place. I would hate to see what would happen to you if you suddenly found MS no longer your daddy.

Mike = No Raises
    Mike = More command staff and raises for his "pets." That = no raise for you.
    Mike = unfair promotions. Really. Captain to Colonel in 5 months??? Hush hush sergant promotions?
    Mike = direct hires from other agencies. Just say "eff" the deputies who work here!
    Mike = hiring to the road from outside when we have qualified CO's waiting...
    Mike = embarrasing headlines
    Mike = a rub with the media and unconstitutional censorship
    Mike = mismanagement of the budget
    Mike = returning millions to the BOCC when hundreds of deputies are in foreclosure and bankruptcy.
    Mike = $20,000.00 raise to one civilian.
    Mike = $500k to Blue Diamond Law Firm to keep the union vote from passing
    Mike = Do as I say, not as I do.
    Mike = Friends with convicted Cali Cartel money launderer and convicted kidnapper.

Lee = Promise of restoring honor to this agency and money for us!!!

So you Mike tools - go else where. Five years of documented lies and failures from Mike have taken their toll.

*Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* It is obvious that you are not right and you need to get help. The only persons you seem to have impressed are the Deputies on your shift during your last assignment. We all know these young Deputies are just that, young, no experience, and eager to please. I hope things work out for you I rerally do, but you definitely need some time to get your mind right. Good luck.

Ohhh Leeeee, can you say perjury!!!!! You perjured yourself in the FDLE investigation and i hear there is going to be a criminal investigation. Soon you will have your very own personal trunk monkey!!!!

Did anyone hear Randy C's comments about this resignation the other day?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    *Edited by Mod 610 TOU violations* It is obvious that you are not right and you need to get help. The only persons you seem to have impressed are the Deputies on your shift during your last assignment. I hope things work out for you I rerally do, but you definitely need some time to get your mind right. Good luck.
    OK, does anybody else think it's idiotic to redact someones real name when it is a reply to that person, and that person is using their real name on LEOAffairs to start with?

As for the comment "We all know these young Deputies are just that, young, no experience, and eager to please."

I would add they are still idealistic, unjaded and have high expectations of what it means to be a LEO at that point in their career too. If they were impressed with him on his last assignment then maybe there's something to it. Maybe your just to jaded to see it anymore.

This from another post...

Its been amusing to read the pro and con comments about Sheriff Scott and to some extend certain members of the LCSO. Like everything else in life, I'm sure the truth falls somewhere in the middle. I can tell you that many of the problems with the Sheriff and the LCSO in general are not exclusive to this agency. With that in mind, I will add my two cents (I understand no one really cares), to all of the drama surrounding Sheriff Scott. Much of what I am going to comment about comes from speaking to various deputies in the LCSO. I am sure some of it is bias based on that deputy's view of the LCSO. First we must ask ourselves, who is Mike Scott? We know he is a local product who attended Cape Coral high school and that during his time there he was an "average" American kid. It doesn't appear that he was a class leader, athlete, or exceptional in anyway. You might wonder why I bring this up...well its my opinion that it goes to the character of the man in later years. Again just my opinion. As we look at the Sheriff's career with the LCSO, we can say that it has been uneventful. He appears to again have been a middle of the road guy and that's probably stretching it. This is a man that basically went from being a "traffic reporter" and I'm sure a nice guy, before he ran for the highest office in the LCSO. Moving fast forward, we know he defeated Shoap twice to become Sheriff. The question(s) become, what has Mike Scott really done to elevate the LCSO, what initiatives has he taken to make the agency a top crime fighting force? After all, when you put all the B.S. aside, this is what policing comes down to---crime fighting. I know Scott calls the deputies on their birthday's and wishes them well, but what does that have to do with crime fighting. That is the central question that all the deputies and residents of Ft. Myers have to ask themselves. Scott also appears to be very self-righteous in how he deals with his deputies. He apparently has no problem firing any deputy who Scott claims has lied. Scott clearly does not understand that policing is not all black and white and that many gray areas are involved in the police profession. He clearly does not understand that when you fire an individual who is in law enforcement, that it is almost impossible for that individual to obtain employment elsewhere. He also does not understand the effect that the firing has on the family of that individual. This tells me that Mike Scott was never a "working cop", in other words not one who got his hands dirty and down with the bad guy. This folks is called inexperience. Many of the negative comments made here about the Ferrantes, Bushong, and others, I wish to remain everyone that it was Mike Scott who hired them!

In order to make the LCSO a truly professional outfit, the next Sheriff needs to take the following steps.
    1. Clearly define to each deputy what his/her mission is and what is expected of them.
    2. Let them know what the rules are and that discipline will be applied fairly and accordingly.
    3. The Homicide Squad will strictly handle homicides and nothing else. We will never again have a deputy take the stand in court and say that he failed to do his job properly because he forgot. Only the best deputies will serve in homicide and will have the best training available to them in the entire country.
    4. Create a Robbery Unit.
    5. Create a partnership with the State Attorney's Office to develop a Confidential Informant program from arrested individuals who are not determined to be high risk.
    Create a partnership with the State Attorney's Office to allow for the issuing of "Desk Appearance Tickets" by deputy commanders for minor crimes. This will keep the jails from been over crowed with minor criminals. Bail can be posted at the station house.
    6. Make sure that the Narcotics Squad has plenty of funds to pay informants for their information. This is the way real cases are made.
    7. Make sure all Deputies are trained in interviewing and interrogation. Cases are won with confessions!
    8. Allow all Deputies to Unionize without fear or retaliation. Its the Sheriff's job to lead them and not fear them!

I could go on and on, but I'll leave it there for now. Like anyone else, these are my opinions and are not meant to necessarily criticize anyone. Hopefully the next candidate for Sheriff is listening.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast