Bushong Campaing spammer thread
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

It's your time

To all of those with whom I have served:

The other night, I finished nearly eleven years with the the Sheriff's Office. They were a wonderful decade-plus of years, filled with memories, experiences, and good people. There are so many of you that I know, and even more that I don't.
    For everyone of you, I have the utmost respect. Putting on a uniform every day and doing your job is most difficult. I remember being a patrol deputy, answering the calls. Dealing with the ups and downs of shift work. You are the most respected of people. And I wish for everyone of you to know that.
    I gained a lot of experience with at the Sheriff's Office. Sure, I came there after doing some tours in the Marine Corps. And I found the fact of being a public servant, that is, ensuring that I was part of providing a safe and sound place to live and vacation, very fulfilling. I did my time on the road, as a detective (both in district CID and in homicide), as a patrol sergeant, as a District CID sergeant, and as a lieutenant, learning and appreciative of the opportunities that I had.
    Even after the ordeal this past spring, I was honored to work among those wearing green. You truly are the best.
    But my experiences are your experiences. We all taste hardship. We all know financial problems. Some of us have endured trying divorces, hard economic times. Things aren't easy doing what we do.
    I could no longer watch as you struggled to live and work. I did your payroll. I saw how many of you worked around the clock, not receiving a raise, trying to make ends meet. How is it that the deputy who puts himself on the front line cannot get a raise, yet the civilians sitting behind a desk can? How is it that there is not enough money to feed your families, yet the Office returns millions of dollars?
    Has this Office forgotten that law enforcement cannot be done without YOU?
    How is it that anyone, it seems, who is in violation of the smallest policy infraction is immediately terminated? How many of those great "Administrative Leave" emails come out every week? Where is the job security?
    What about fair discipline and fair promotions? CONSISTENT treatment with everybody? Where is room for advancement when the Office directly hires people from other agencies to work in homicide, civil, or the bailiff?
    Why is it that we have a whole crew of qualified road candidates within the Correction Bureau who are dual certified LEO's, but cannot come out to the road because of these direct hires? Should not our very own have first dibs on any opening?
    What happened with the union vote? I believe that the union is a check and balance measure that is there to protect the deputy from the wiles of the administration. Regardless of whether you wanted the union or not, it should have been YOUR choice. Uninfluenced by daily emails in green.
    So when I resigned, I resigned for those reasons, amongst others. I resigned in protest of the way you are treated.
    I want to see deputies and correctional officers treated in the manner you deserve. As men and women who sacrifice nights and weekends. As men and women proud to be members of the Lee County Sheriff's Office, and who are prepared to make that sacrifice when the time comes.
    And you should be compensated like that. Treated with equity and fairness.
    Whether or not I am or am not going to run for sheriff, the important thing for each of you to look for is the candidate who will bring honor back to the agency. Who will treat you as you deserve.
    God Bless you for all you do.
    Lee

Re: It's your time

Wow. This guy is a stand up guy!

I hope that he stands behind what he says here. I mean, when was the last time we got a raise? MS won't fight for us. He is more converned with kissing the commissioners butt.

Everything Bushong says here is true.

Lee - You got my ear!!!!!

Amen!

Sheriff Elect Bushong for 2012: Many will say you don't have a chance which is the same thing the said for the current person occupying space in the sheriff's office. Others will throw thier hat in the ring since the current one will be easy to dethrone this time. Stick to the facts and then go against the other candidates fairly and honorably. The current one has no honor or integrity and pointing out his many many mistakes is acceptable in politcs. The money people will even things out as time progresses.

Research over broken campaign promises is easy and you can quote his own words: 1) Look at ALL the power and raises civilians have. He spoke out against this constantly on the campaign trail and you can find many quotes of his. Thier raises: public record; Take home vehicles for civilians: public record (check gas records ). He spoke out constantly against civilian Linda VB, however, the entire agency knows MB is more powerful, calls more shots, and runs interference with DS for him. He is quoted as saying we deserve a raise more than the county guys cutting grass. He said it but didnt mean it. We dont shut down like the civilians in this agency and shouldnt be treated the same. what academy did the agency civilians go through. look around:nobody treats the civilians the same as the sworn to protect life on the line officers.

Every Sheriff except the last two bozos were liked and respected. Fight for your guys, give them raises, and treat them fair. Treat your certified better than the other county civilian workers and like firefighters, emt's, and teachers.

I'm a outsider, who is MB and DS?

Enough already!

You couldn't run the intelligence unit, you were a tool of the Ferrante's and when things got stressed you threatened fellow Deputies.

Go away!

I for am most pleased to see Lee will be a choice. I worked with him in narcotics. All the BS hype about him being a bad leader is wrong.
    You know what Lee did? He held people accountable. He NEVER excessively disciplined. He was all about the troops. That's what he always talked about. He was redesigning the Intel for the Troops. He felt the troops should have the best equipment (after all, what does a captain need new stuff for?). He felt everyone should be self sufficient.

Here is my advice to all of you. There is going to be a lot of negative stuff. Don't take the word of the MS people. Of course, they don't want LB in. Make your own educated choice. Lee is the best that could ever happen to us.

Lee once said not too long ago during a roll call we were at that McDougall always went to Tallahassee for the raises if the BOCC didn't fund the payroll. Shoap didn't do that. Scott didn't do that.

So I ask this - Lee, will you do that?

Well, we know one thing for sure. MS has proven he doesn't care about troops. His strings are being pulled from Alva. MS forgot, and it all went to his head. As far as I am concerned, you couldn't pay me to vote for Mike or his cronies again.

Exactly - The Sheriff WAITED until after the union vote to make MORE top heavy promotions and GIVE the county back OUR money. ANYBODY with just an ounce of honor (because he has none) will do better. this is the man telling people he "got his and could care LESS". He's stumbled over his words over and over and shown you he thinks no more of you than "pigs and hogs". Anybody with 1/2 a brain could dicipher the "promote the vote" as fear mongering tactics to intimidate. Please name ANY other inept sheriff who has fired so MANY people and been forced t hire them back or realized his "inner circle" has no clue what they're doing and making the idiot look worse than any sheriff ever has. the man is evil folks. he thinks nothing of careers and families.

During the Shoap era we did get raises ! Didn't he promise us raises when he ran last year also, he was looking out for us, and he was a very educated police adminstrator, more than I can say for Scott, he is only out for himself and his re-election. I for one will support anyone but Scott.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast