Officers go door-to-door as "V-GRIP" gets underway

Officers go door-to-door as "V-GRIP" gets underway

From Cleveland.com

CLEVELAND, Ohio -- Fifty law enforcement officers fanned out across neighborhoods on Cleveland's East Side Thursday in the first concentrated effort of the newly established initiative to combat crime and gun violence.

Dubbed V-GRIP -- Violence Gun Reduction and Interdiction Program -- the program will target the city's most-violent criminals and attempt to remove as many firearms as possible off the streets. Mayor Frank Jackson and others announced the multi-agency program Tuesday.

On Thursday, 25 two-person teams went door-to-door talking to residents in Cleveland's 4th Police District. Officials hope that if law enforcement officers canvass an entire neighborhood, residents will feel more comfortable providing information about criminal activity.

Similar efforts have proved successful in other Ohio cities, including Youngstown, Toledo, Sandusky and Lima, officials said.

Law enforcement agencies that participated in Thursday's canvass called "Knock and Talks," included Cleveland police, the FBI, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Cuyahoga County Sheriff's Office, Ohio Highway Patrol and U.S. Border Patrol.

Re: Officers go door-to-door as "V-GRIP" gets underway

Whats the use of all this BS, the ghetto animals will still be the same, no matter what ! :devil:

Shout out to all Cleveland's LEO'S. I was born in East Cleveland, early 1950's. My earliest memory is the shotgun in my Grand Father's police car, his uniform and the respectful looks citizens gave him. ( East Cleveland Police Department, 1924-1958).Grand Pa's older brother was also a Police Officer. (Cleveland PD, 1924-1945) I was hooked!
    Because of my Cleveland Police heritage; I became a Deputy Sheriff and SWAT team member in south Florida just in time for the Cocaine Cowboy drug wars.
    Have to say the Cleveland area cops, including the Case Western Reserve Officers, are the most impressive I have observed in my 32 years on this job. I know we can't bring back the past and there will always be internal issues, but today's Cleveland Officers would make the past generations proud. Sergeant Anthony D. Lanese is not smiling down on what happened to his beautiful city, but I know for a fact he would be proud of you.

It appears these Cleveland guys don't come on here, they are to busy shoveling snow, and have depressing cabin fever from the winter. Hey they don't call it the mistake by the lake for nothing :lol: