Eddie Pope is running
Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast

Re: Eddie Pope is running

I try to keep a positive attitude about everything but I could not imagine working under this guy. Talk about someone who is completly full of himself. I would love to hear what his platform is and how he intends on making this agency a decent place to work again.

I said it during the last election, we need to have these candidates meet at the F.O.P and explain what they will do to for US !

While I am at it, what is the use of the F.O.P if they continue to give in to the Sheriff and the County....Why pay dues if they are not willing to go to bat for us.

My 2 Cents !

Eddie was let go from the Sheriffs Department for not telling them that he couldnt pass his certification to become a cop. Nice

The fact that he has been with FHP for eight years and has numerous awards to back his superior performance proves that he can do the job. There is a lot of jealousy and there will be lots of information that is not factual being posted, especially in this type of forum.

It is important to not make a judgement until you personally contact him and speak with him. He will be more than happy to give you his time, details and examples of how he is planning on fixing some of the bigger problems in the sheriffs office. I can tell you first hand that he will listen and work with each and everyone one of you to address your concerns and questions. I was the same type of "negative" person until I got the opportunity to speak with him.

Before anyone gets on here and says, this must be Ed. It's not. It is a citizen that is tired of Charlotte County being a laughing stock and want to have help when I need it. His proven track record speaks for itself. I will go even one step further, read the new book coming out on Oct 4 "A Killer Touch."

Maybe he should contact the F.O.P. and discuss what is plans are for the Sheriff's Office. Why should anyone contact him? He needs our votes. Whats your plans Mr. Pope? How do you plan on taking the Sheriff's Office into the next four years?

Forgive me if my memory is foggy, but I thought Pope was the guy who took it upon himself to try to get King's confession at the traffic stop rather than waiting for MCU to. Now he's using her name for political gain?

[quote="Forgivemeifi'mwrong"]Forgive me if my memory is foggy, but I thought Pope was the guy who took it upon himself to try to get King's confession at the traffic stop rather than waiting for MCU to. Now he's using her name for political gain?[/quot

Maybe because it was important she be found asap you idiot!! Typical Charlotte County response..."wait for MCU"....

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenforChange
    The fact that he has been with FHP for eight years and has numerous awards to back his superior performance proves that he can do the job. There is a lot of jealousy and there will be lots of information that is not factual being posted, especially in this type of forum.

It is important to not make a judgement until you personally contact him and speak with him. He will be more than happy to give you his time, details and examples of how he is planning on fixing some of the bigger problems in the sheriffs office. I can tell you first hand that he will listen and work with each and everyone one of you to address your concerns and questions. I was the same type of "negative" person until I got the opportunity to speak with him.

Before anyone gets on here and says, this must be Ed. It's not. It is a citizen that is tired of Charlotte County being a laughing stock and want to have help when I need it. His proven track record speaks for itself. I will go even one step further, read the new book coming out on Oct 4 "A Killer Touch."
    He doesn't have the maturity to make a good Sheriff, he couldn't pass the State certification test until approx. 9 years ago or so that's why he couldn't become a Deputy Sheriff at CCSO (attempted to begin a career in Law Enforcement in 1993.....didn't become a sworn Officer until 2003, so in essence he took 9-10 years to pass the exam and get with an agency), a hero.......don't hang your hat on the DAL case, he was on duty at the time (right place right time....too bad not a bit earlier), and 8 years in Law Enforcement does not make a good Sheriff. He is still a rookie when it comes to management, so I wish him well but wouldn't vote for him. I would have avoided having Commissioner Bob Starr backing me.....he has his own problems and needs to be voted out!!! Just my thoughts and opinion in this matter!!!

Pope tell the people how you were told by your supervisor to stop calling the press about yourself all the time. By the way all the trips to your house for domestics is public record and I know how to retrieve the information even if you cant find it. Dont worry, you will get it at the right time super trooper.

I would vote for Pope if it is only him and Wade. But I doubt that is gonna be the case. They both are Troopers, respectable job, but neither has on second of Investigative experience. One second of Management Experience. Until the Sheriff decides if he wants to run it is really not a race yet. My the way Pope, Bob Starr hates LEO' s and thinks were are useless and overpaid. So you will have a little trouble getting support. By the way nice picture of you and Rick Scott.

Page 1 of 111 1231151101 ... LastLast