Eddie Pope is running - Page 8
Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Re: Eddie Pope is running

Quote Originally Posted by Taxpayer
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    He has a small group of idiots behoind him.
    Who on earth writes about idiots then spells behind wrong, "WOW", so much for our education system. Thank God you don't support Ed. Hey Guest 2010, what on earth are you talking about worthy?? As a taxpayer, I am glad that Ed Pope is running for Sheriff. I know that my neighbors and I have always felt safe knowing that he was patrolling around Charlotte County. He is nationally recognized for his accomplishments, educated and has prior military. Ed is a family man and donates a lot of his time to the community so what else do you want. His last name is Pope not Jesus. Would you feel better if he could turn blood to wine? He has new ideas that will save the tax payers money and put the Deputies first in the department. I bet your one of those blood thirty tax dollar sucking administrators that do nothing but put others down and brag how you’re screwing everyone else. I am sure when Ed gets in you and the 3 or four others you have in your corner will be gone so you better hurry up and retire before the election...
    You call someone else out for their spelling......well brainiack, I am not a "blood thirty" or for that matter blood thirsty admin person. I am now a private citizen of this fair County. So wrong on both accounts wrong spelling and wrong guess at my current vocation. Have a good day!!!

Here are the concerns I have:

Red flag #1. Why is someone in the government supporting one candidate so early on? Not everyone who is planning on running has made their announcement yet. Why would one of our commissioners back someone? Rule of thumb for a Republican is you do not support anyone publicly in your party until after the primary. My theory is that Ed Pope will be a puppet for our commissioners (that is of course, if Starr wins the election). Pope is still very wet behind the ears. He seems very influenced. Why?

Red flag #2. Our same commissioner who is fighting hard for privatitization of the jails is the same person backing Pope. Most of the disagreements with our current administration seem to be because lack of budging on reducing the budget. This scares me. How much further can the department be cut? I see everyone upset about the administration being top heavy. If the budget is cut, do you seriously believe all the cuts will come from the top? I highly doubt it.

Red flag #3. Pope has lots of accolades as a Trooper. A great trooper does not necessarily mean he will make a great Sheriff. He did his job, and he did it well. Why did he quit his job as a trooper to run for Sheriff? If he was so great, how is the FHP going on without his greatness? Who else is going to get all the bad guys off the street?

Red flag #4. Why would he have to hire a consulting firm to try to win? Why won't his laurels and speeches and platform alone get him the win? This concerns me, that he is just trying to buy a win.

Red flag #5. The same day Pope made his announcement of running for Sheriff, the paper had a story on his book. His book. HIS BOOK. He should be embarassed that he would take such a tragedy and write a book about capturing King. What did he do? He listed to the APB and spotted the car. Do you seriously think that is there was any other officer in that same location they would not have captured him? The only way he gets an accolade from this whole tragedy would have been if he captured him before he killed Denise. He did his job. He spotted the car. He did his job. End of story, and move on.

Red flag #1. Why is someone in the government supporting one candidate so early on? Not everyone who is planning on running has made their announcement yet. Why would one of our commissioners back someone? Rule of thumb for a Republican is you do not support anyone publicly in your party until after the primary. My theory is that Ed Pope will be a puppet for our commissioners (that is of course, if Starr wins the election). Pope is still very wet behind the ears. He seems very influenced. Why?

Red flag #2. Our same commissioner who is fighting hard for privatitization of the jails is the same person backing Pope. Most of the disagreements with our current administration seem to be because lack of budging on reducing the budget. This scares me. How much further can the department be cut? I see everyone upset about the administration being top heavy. If the budget is cut, do you seriously believe all the cuts will come from the top? I highly doubt it.

Red flag #3. Pope has lots of accolades as a Trooper. A great trooper does not necessarily mean he will make a great Sheriff. He did his job, and he did it well. Why did he quit his job as a trooper to run for Sheriff? If he was so great, how is the FHP going on without his greatness? Who else is going to get all the bad guys off the street?

Red flag #4. Why would he have to hire a consulting firm to try to win? Why won't his laurels and speeches and platform alone get him the win? This concerns me, that he is just trying to buy a win.

Red flag #5. The same day Pope made his announcement of running for Sheriff, the paper had a story on his book. His book. HIS BOOK. He should be embarassed that he would take such a tragedy and write a book about capturing King. What did he do? He listed to the APB and spotted the car. Do you seriously think that is there was any other officer in that same location they would not have captured him? The only way he gets an accolade from this whole tragedy would have been if he captured him before he killed Denise. He did his job. He spotted the car. He did his job. End of story, and move on.

Red flag #1- Answer: Because the government is tired of the same old nonsense every 4 years and believes it’s time for a change. Ed is no one’s puppet and he brings to the table what this county has never had before and that’s a working relationship with our government.

Red flag #2- Answer: This is correct and it was Ed that has convinced our commissioner that the privatization of our jail was a foolish move. Ed has already saved all of those jobs and he isn’t even Sheriff yet. There is much room for budget reduction and it is obvious that you have no idea or any current information on this topic.

Red flag #3- Answer: You responded that,” A great trooper does not necessarily mean he will make a great Sheriff”. Well, Ed believes that it takes more than a title to be sheriff. He had to quit his job because FHP policy does not allow certified full time troopers to run for office while still employed. Check their policy before you ask such a ridicules question. By the way, there are a lot more great troopers out there to catch those bad guys so don’t you worry about that.

Red flag #4-Answer: Consulting firm? Are you that narrow minded? Even Sheriff Tom Knight hired a political management team. In fact if you know anything about politics a lot of candidates hire political management teams. Why don’t you spend less time worrying about your concerns and spend more quality time researching your worries.

Red flag #5- Answer: His book? I am starting to think you didn’t finish school. The book was not written by Ed. It was written by a famous author by the name of Michael Benson. In case you are interested in buying this book it is titled,” A Killer’s Touch“. I am sure you can find someone to read it to you. When that happens, I am sure you will learn that there was a lot more to Ed just spotting the car.

Do you write for the National Enquirer?

Good Luck Ed!! Don’t worry we have your back.
    FHP

Ed will not get my vote and I am a trooper.

Just want to remind all to be careful as this is starting to become a slam thread. I have no problem with debating candidates and facts, but please don't go over the line.

Quote Originally Posted by TroopF!
    Ed will not get my vote and I am a trooper.
    You are out of your mind... It sounds more like you’re a little jealous of Trooper Pope. Perhaps you should represent your agency and support your brothers and sisters that wear the uniform instead of complaining about others. If you don’t have anything nice to say then keep your comments to yourself. I am pretty positive that if you are who I think you are you don’t deserve to be a trooper and certainly don't behave like one. Ed has always represented the FHP with the highest level of professionalism. He has always gone beyond what was expected of him and he has always been there to not only back up his fellow troopers but other agencies as well. Ed has always supported and spoke highly of the men and woman who not only wear this uniform but the men and woman who wear the uniform of other agencies. That fact that he left the FHP to pursue the Sheriff race is admirable considering his accomplishments with the patrol. I have no patience for people like you. It’s people like you who not only give cops a bad name but also disgrace every man and woman who has lost there life in the line of duty.
    Shame on you!!

FHP

Your Consulting Firm needs to give you better advice. It's okay to say you caught the killer, but let your consulting firm and your staff do that for you. It is in extremely poor taste to flaunt it yourself.

Please enlighten me on how E.P. single handedly saved the CCSO jail from becoming privatized. I have lived in Charlotte County for many years and try to keep informed. Did I just miss this one? Thank You. :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Curious guest
    Please enlighten me on how E.P. single handedly saved the CCSO jail from becoming privatized. I have lived in Charlotte County for many years and try to keep informed. Did I just miss this one? Thank You. :?:
    Where was that stated?

Quote Originally Posted by FHP

Red flag #1- Answer: Because the government is tired of the same old nonsense every 4 years and believes it’s time for a change. Ed is no one’s puppet and he brings to the table what this county has never had before and that’s a working relationship with our government.

Red flag #2- Answer: This is correct and it was Ed that has convinced our commissioner that the privatization of our jail was a foolish move. Ed has already saved all of those jobs and he isn’t even Sheriff yet. There is much room for budget reduction and it is obvious that you have no idea or any current information on this topic.

Red flag #3- Answer: You responded that,” A great trooper does not necessarily mean he will make a great Sheriff”. Well, Ed believes that it takes more than a title to be sheriff. He had to quit his job because FHP policy does not allow certified full time troopers to run for office while still employed. Check their policy before you ask such a ridicules question. By the way, there are a lot more great troopers out there to catch those bad guys so don’t you worry about that.

Red flag #4-Answer: Consulting firm? Are you that narrow minded? Even Sheriff Tom Knight hired a political management team. In fact if you know anything about politics a lot of candidates hire political management teams. Why don’t you spend less time worrying about your concerns and spend more quality time researching your worries.

Red flag #5- Answer: His book? I am starting to think you didn’t finish school. The book was not written by Ed. It was written by a famous author by the name of Michael Benson. In case you are interested in buying this book it is titled,” A Killer’s Touch“. I am sure you can find someone to read it to you. When that happens, I am sure you will learn that there was a lot more to Ed just spotting the car.

Do you write for the National Enquirer?

Good Luck Ed!! Don’t worry we have your back.
    FHP
    Red Flag #2 answer. Stating E.P. saved all the jobs in the CCSO jail. Thank You

Page 8 of 111 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast