Eddie Pope is running - Page 9
Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Re: Eddie Pope is running

this will be my first and last post. And, yes, I'm not afraid to put my name out there. I will say this, it made my skin crawl this morning when I read the AM paper announcing Bill Cameron is running for sheriff again. 4 years ago as of Tuesday, true hell and devastation entered our family. I was at Nathan and Denise's house the night Denise died. I saw first hand the chaos that had started in the CCSO. I remember vividly the friction between NPPD (North Port) and the CCSO. CCSO was begging for information, NPPD was begging for the CCSO to get out of their hair. CCSO kept saying the NPPD was hogging and sitting on information while they had cars out NOT KNOWING what to look for. NPPD kept saying "We're giving you all we've got!". It was appalling. Many of you may not know that, yes, CCSO did have many many cars out there but because the CCSO sent the teletype operator home early as to not pay overtime 3 BOLOs starting at 4:59PM when unmonitored and undispatched. The CCSO did not know to look for a green Camaro until after 6:30PM. After JR Davis listened with Rick to Denise's frantic and heartbreaking 9-1-1 call. It was at this time Jane Kowalski called and the keystone cops went at it. The calltaker decided to write the information down on post-it notes. The dispatchers did not dispatch Kowalski's call. AND WORSE, the CCSO NEVER let the NPPD know about Kowalski's call. It wasn't until Saturday after Kowalski called NPPD several times did the NPPD figure out what happened. The CCSO sat on that information for TWO days while my family was frantically searching for Denise. Two days! And we would have never found out about the call had Kowalski not called. Cameron was communications chief that night. He was in charge.

That year Cameron decided to run for sheriff and hid behind Davenport. To this day Cameron treats our family and Jane Kowalski with disdain and arrogance. He dismissed our concerns as "anger" against Michael King. Michael King did pull the trigger but the powers that be at the CCSO did not make our tragedy any easier to bear. They made it worse. In the internal affairs report the supervisor of the PSAP testified that it took an hour and 15 minutes to patch radios, and that she knew there was a phone call but did not know anything about it. She was too busy patching those radios.

Do I blame the call taker and the dispatchers who were lightly reprimanded by having vacation pay taken away? No. I blame the higher ups and the supervisors. I blame the person who made the decision to save paying overtime to an underpaid employee by sending the home and leaving the BOLOs unmonitered. And the decision makers who decided NOT to let the NPPD know about the call. About a prospective eye witness who was able to ID King. Two days!

What does this have to do with Eddie Pope? I don't know. I have no idea if he's qualified or not to run for sheriff. But I agree with the above comment that at least he has the balls to run against the good old boys that think they are God's gift to Charlotte County. I do not, at all, look forward to another $100K worth of "cops for Cameron" signs.

And, now, during the lawsuit (yes, Nathan is suing Charlotte County) there attorney cannot even remember Denise's name. Mr. Jolly continues to call her Amber. Talk about insensitivity and hurtful.

Sadly, I will not be able to vote against Bill Cameron. I've since moved to Sarasota County. But I pray to God everyone who has a vote votes against him.

I apologize for intruding on this conversation and running on. I apologize for my bitterness.

I and my family have done our best to bring about positive changes in our 9-1-1 centers. We appreciate all the men and women who were out there the night Denise was taken. We appreciate all the men and women who helped search. We know you are dedicated people only wanting to save lives. We know you see horror stories unfold on a daily basis. We keep you in our prayers. We know the majority of 9-1-1 call takers are "angels on earth" and some are just not cut out for it. I met the man who took the call from the science teacher at Columbine. He stayed on the phone with him for over 8 hours listening to him talk about his love for his wife and children only to finally die. God bless you for all you do.

It's extremely disturbing that politics has to enter into law enforcement. Power, ego, money etc.... they can taker over a person. I truly wish sheriff's were not elected and given sovereign immunity. Once they enter into the political arena many good men and women lose their integrity and honor only to run in the next election. I wish life was different. I truly think too much power goes to peoples heads.

God bless you all. And, again, I apologize but needed to have my say.

Peggy Lee

added edit: I am Denise's mother-in-law, who loved Denise deeply and miss her with all my heart. Also, Mr. Jolly is the CCSO's attorney in Nathan's lawsuit.

What is even more disgusting is now the PSAP supervisor is the E911 coordinator. That must be a true slap in the face to the Lee/Goff family.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest46
    What is even more disgusting is now the PSAP supervisor is the E911 coordinator. That must be a true slap in the face to the Lee/Goff family.
    The new E911 coordinator, was a PSAP shift supervisor, she was the shift supervisor for that squad that was currently working at that time. There is one shift supervisor per the 4 squads. They now have a new position of communications administrator as of this month who was a shift supervisor also, the administrator will be the civilian step between dispatch and their Capt. Thank goodness the "call taker" of that call is no longer in dispatch. There were so many things that went wrong that day in dispatch, blame can be spread but the stupidity of one person who answered the call I think should have the most blame.

Listen to them screw up daily on the radio and nobody seems to care.

Lightbulb Re: Eddie Pope is running

Cameron for Sheriff NOT!!!!!!!!!!!1

Mrs. Lee, you of all people should never apologize for saying what you did. Our hearts go out to you and your family. And you are so right; it starts at the top and trickles down. In this case, it was a flood. God bless.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake UP!!
    Do you, Ed Pope, Glen Sapp, Dale R, and whoever else decides to run realize you are all going to be stealing votes from each other? You have NO chance of beating this bottom feeder Cameron if you dont get your shit together. There has to be ONE..as in 1, other candidate to run a primary against Cameron and that's it, otherwise you have NO CHANCE!! Put your ego's aside and get together, or your all doomed to a waste of time and money!! Don't think your little circle of supporters is going to get you over the hump..it wont. We are talking numbers, and if you dont have them, your;re screwed...wake up you idiots!!
    This is one of my very great worries. I'm afraid and disgusted that Cameron will probably one only because #1 he's the only name people know and #2 all the votes against are going to be divided up. Please, PLEASE, come together and get this right. It is so important. It CAN be done and Cameron can be beat but you all have to get together and make a concentrated effort. I shudder to think about the stories I hear from various people as to what goes on in the CCSO. I know they have good, decent, hard working, honest people there but I also know they have to start weeding out some bad apples who are in it for the politics, ego, control, promotions and money. Find someone who will step up to the plate, has the experience necessary and the guts enough to get the job done right.

YOU the CCSO deserve better.

Good luck and God bless you and thank you for your service.

Quote Originally Posted by roadrat
    Mrs. Lee, you of all people should never apologize for saying what you did. Our hearts go out to you and your family. And you are so right; it starts at the top and trickles down. In this case, it was a flood. God bless.
    thank you, it's been a tough road. Not only have we lost Denise but we lost faith in our sheriff. How naive we (and I mean our family and the general public) are. People will vote for Cameron but they've heard of him. They hear the "feel good" stories. We've learned first hand that "all that glitters is not gold"

God bless you.

This topic of back and forth on Ed Pope is enough. This is not a campaign debate site on who has more awards, who could not pass what, who has leadership experience, etc, etc, etc. This is a Law Enforcement site people. If you want a Charlotte County Sheriff's Office candidate debate site then start one yourselves. Stop it here.

You can mention candidates and their reported qualifications but stop there as people are passionate about their candidates and will defend them, then attack the opposition on why they think are not qualified. This is nothing new and goes back to the Roman period in time. (They use to kill people just to take over their spot. :shock: )

Do I see a hint of censorship? I thought that the position of the Sheriff was Law Enforcement. So you have decided that you don't like the subject so it is time to stop. How did you get this position of MOD 610? Your censorship is also a violation of freedom of speech. I have read the rules of use and censorship is not one of your responsibilities unless it is in violation of the rules. And then I would have to ask what rules are we going to follow. The rules state uses your own name unless an a Anonymous Message is warranted. I did not know that the position of the Moderator was censorship. I have read the forum rules on several occasions and believe you are over extending your authority. I have copied the rules that I have referenced below. Enough said. :!:

Jim

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.

Page 9 of 111 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast