Ok, lets hear it - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Ok, lets hear it

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HowieGrace
    Ok, someone check my stats here.

I have had quite a bit of information passed on to me so I want to see how my information stacks up:

* Deputies have been instructed to make 4 contacts per shift.
    * Contacts consist of Citations, Warnings and field interviews only
    * Answering a call for service does NOT count as a contact and is not used to measure an employees performance.
    * Investigating/solving a rape, burglary, barking dog case does not count as contact and therefore has no measurable bearing against a deputies performance
    * Employees who fall in the lower 20th percentile of contacts are subject to disciplinary actions

The number of contacts per day differs by district/Sgt/Shift and the price of tea in China. 4-5 contacts is the general number though. We are also strongly encouraged to make DUI and Dope arrests. I have never seen a number attached to this though.

Contacts also consist of parking citations or parking warnings. No one has ever told us to write more citations or parking tickets. The only exception is crashes, where it is the unwritten rule to cite the at fault driver. Every Sgt I have had has insisted on it, but you will never see it in an email or general order.

You have to fall into the the lowest percentile of a Deputy working your zone on your shift for a very protracted period of time to face any discipline. You need to be the kind of cop that is retired on duty and sits under shade trees all day to get in any trouble beyond your Sgt talking to you. These are the kind of people that should be prosecuted for grand theft for collecting their paychecks.

The only real discipline that gets carried out on these bums is transfer to another district. Although the advent of the 90 day improvement plans seem to indicate that the agency is getting tougher. Time will tell. I hope they do.

GP was a bum, but he had other issues as well. He didn't just get fired for activity. It was the totality of him being a do nothing for YEARS and his other issues. The people that go out and earn their paychecks don't have issues. It's the lazy malcontents that need to worry.

Investigating or solving a major crime does not count towards daily activity. It does however look pretty good when you apply to be a Detective.
    And this Howie, is the administrations spin on things!! They are master manipulaters!! Dont believe them!! You can mke 3 rape arrests, but if your stats get flagged in their little computer system as being low in activity, they are coming for you, no matter how good a cop you are, there is no money in arrests of major crimes..only tickets and things that cause fines to be paid!!

Yes, the $1-2 the agency gets off a ticket makes it all worth it. :lol: It doesn't come close to covering the cost of the car, maintenance, fuel, payroll, training, paper, clerks, etc. :roll:

Do your frakkin job and quit crying. Its not that difficult people!

Yes, the $1-2 the agency gets off a ticket makes it all worth it.
    Yeah-- I know this to be true. The agency gets a miniscule amount of money back from citations so I am having a hard time understanding why so much stress is put on this area. If a Police Chief were to do this- it would make some degree of sense in respect that he answers to the City Manager and you could explain it that way---Police Chief shows stats to City Manager and says Look at how productive we are

But I fail to see how this helps at a SO level. It perplexes me from the standpoint that I would think that most people if given a choice between Deputy Tiquit who sits behind a billboard and writes 3-6 tickets a shift OR Deputy Neborhodwatch who makes one Burglary arrest a month--would support the latter.

"so I am having a hard time understanding why so much stress is put on this area."

The answer is traffic safety. We all know how crazy people drive. No one denies it Now imagine how crazy they would drive if they didn't fear a $111+ citation. I sure wouldn't want my family driving on those roads.

As i stated previously, other than crashes, no one is EVER mandated to write a ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by HowieGrace
    Y

choice between Deputy Tiquit who sits behind a billboard and writes 3-6 tickets a shift OR Deputy Neborhodwatch who makes one Burglary arrest a month--would support the latter.
    I believe your assumption is invalid. I think the public wants Deputies that can arrest people for major crimes AND keep the roadways safe. They also want us to quiet down dogs, raise their kids, make their spouse stop being white trash...

Your assumption would be like the public only wanting reporters to write about national news. Sometimes the local small stuff is just as important.

We haven't even touch on how Deputies are giving tickets to citizens for violations that have not been committed such as a seatbelt instead of a speeding ticket....

It would appear that some Admin has joined the post here.

Howie,
    Is it true that you have been pretty much banned from HQ and the admin won't talk with you? I also understand that you get a hard time about Public Records requests as per the Sunshine Law which help you in doing your job of investigating stories either good or bad? If that is the case what are they trying to hide and what are they trying to accomplish? I would think they would be transparent and let the cards fall where they may, good, bad, or indifferent.

Howie,
    Sir you should look at Marine Patrol unit. Theyve had a corporal and two deputys in there for over ten years. Now Cameron makes an additional part time position in there for his fort myers buddy, youd think in a budget crunch he wouldnt be adding to something like this and wasting taxpayers mmoney right? Look at his hourly wages. This is just one example of many where Cameron is waisting money.

I heard that Cameron gave that sea turtle a $90,000 a year position with the Sheriff's Office for that staged save. He is now a Captain with our marine patrol division and has also been placed in charge of the inmates fishing pond. Another fine member added to our overpaid do nothing administrative staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mod 610
    It would appear that some Admin has joined the post here.

So, because I disagree with the malcontents that would complain about a free meal, I should be dismissed as admin? Or is it because I dont think rain and mosquitoes are the fault of the Sheriff?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast