Meeting with the Sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Meeting with the Sheriff

Actually tough guy it is his department for as long as he is Sheriff. He appoints you as one of his deputies doesn't he.

You had three choices the last election. KR was by far the best choice. But if you rather take your orders from either a guy who can't drive a motorcycle or a guy who rides a elephant.

Man up Shirley. Do your job because there is a line of people ready to do it for you.

Good camparison. A corrupt Mexican agency and the Collier County Sheriff's office. What does the firing of 1000 Mexican cops have to do with Collier County? Nobody wanted an elephant rider or non motorcycle driving idiot.

1-800-GUEST maybe part of the admin but he is correct. This is his agency and he can run it as he likes. The Sheriff is the highest law enforcement authority in the county. I think we all understand that.

It's not matter of people doing their jobs it's about doing something to help agancy members during trying times. Maybe a better schedule to allow people to get a part time job to make ends meet. Maybe thin out some specialty units to bolster staffing on the road. Fifteen to twenty people in two districts who do not have to respond to calls for sevice? That is 2-3 shifts of road units. We all work hard...with the obvious exceptions..so dont just attack each other, address the obvious issues.

i lov having the wool pulled over my eyes. cause it makes my face itchy and my eyes confused... :snicker: :snicker: :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinded by the wool
    Good camparison. A corrupt Mexican agency and the Collier County Sheriff's office. What does the firing of 1000 Mexican cops have to do with Collier County? Nobody wanted an elephant rider or non motorcycle driving idiot.

1-800-GUEST maybe part of the admin but he is correct. This is his agency and he can run it as he likes. The Sheriff is the highest law enforcement authority in the county. I think we all understand that.

It's not matter of people doing their jobs it's about doing something to help agancy members during trying times. Maybe a better schedule to allow people to get a part time job to make ends meet. Maybe thin out some specialty units to bolster staffing on the road. Fifteen to twenty people in two districts who do not have to respond to calls for sevice? That is 2-3 shifts of road units. We all work hard...with the obvious exceptions..so dont just attack each other, address the obvious issues.

imagine the o.t. now available... :snicker:

Quote Originally Posted by Blinded by the wool

Sorry, but you are both wrong. It is not his agency and he can not run it the way he wants anymore than you can do your job the way YOU want, just because it is your job. If he could, he would not be concerned about what the public thinks. He answers to the public and he knows it. He is at civic meetings early morning, nights and week-ends, convincing the public that he is doing what THEY want. If he was doing what he wants, he would not be at every dog and pony show and event. He is doing everything he can to please the public and show them he can do more with less. Not slamming him, it's just a fact. Plain and simple...Our job is not law enforcement, it's public service. His job is politics.

OK answer these two questions....

Who has final say if someone gets hired?

Who has final say if someone gets fired?

It's not the janitor...

It's not Mrs. Smith over on Maple St...

It's not the Loch Ness Monster...

It's the SHERIFF because he was elected to run the department. As long as he is there it is HIS department. If you don't like that then go work somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-GUEST
    OK answer these two questions....

It's not the janitor...

It's the SHERIFF because he was elected to run the department. As long as he is there it is HIS department. If you don't like that then go work somewhere else.

LOSER ! Sing your song somewhere else all that butt sniffing has gone to your head.

Sorry if reality is not to your liking but that's life.

So man up Shirley.

Hey 1-800-eat-what-your-sniffing.

Their buddy in HR or the group.

The angry chief who they pissed off.

It's not the janitor...
    They are good at shoveling the poop.

I am glad you finally told the truth that his wife helps him. The chief couldn’t add one and one.

They use him to keep the troops in fighting to hide their BS.
    :lol:

Will the sheriff ever actually address the two BIGGEST problems in the agency?

1. Twelve hour shifts: Exhausting, unsafe, unhealthy physically and mentally (jail and road). The only people for these 12's are the ones who don't always HAVE to work them..LT's, Capt's, Chiefs. Not saying they do at times, but they usually go in after you start and leave before your shift ends. Usually.

2. The huge number of people (as mentioned previously) not actaully responding to calls. Calls are 'holding' (aka public waiting) as the few actaul patrol officers race from call to call while SET, COPS, MET, FOCUS,etc attend the calls they see as 'hot' aka fun aka, respond but let someone else take the report. I know those groups do stuff, but...come on.

Blast away with, 'if you don't like it you can leave', but I like my job and am not going anywhere. I am just stating what two main issues people have and wondering if the current sheriff will ever understand these two issues while he is 'looking forward into technology'.

An internal or qualified (sorry Vin) external opponent that makes some basic changes to keep the troops happy and healthy by changing the above will win huge internal votes. And the public is ALWAYS asking who we are voting for.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast