Things I wanted to say to the Sheriff but didn’t feel comfortable with certain attendees:

Thank you Sheriff Rambosk for coming to our sub and taking the time to keep us informed in these uncertain times. Your hard work in minimizing the impact of the economy on the CCSO is greatly appreciated.

You talked of buying new equipment (radios & computer equipment) but I think we need to fix what we have before we expand on a weak foundation. The radios for one haven’t worked correctly since we moved communications into the new com center. Status checks go unheard and we have to constantly repeat ourselves to the dispatchers because the reception is so poor. Our radios constantly go to scan and switch to the Immokalee tower causing periods of time when we can’t even key-up on our radios. Huge officer safety issue.

Adding additional equipment to these computers will only cause more problems with our already existing programs. It seems every time an update is added something else malfunctions. The latest example is this SOPHOS software. It now causes errors in our DORS reporting programs. I cringe every time I have my computer updated. The facial recognition software is a great idea but if it works as well as the rapid ID it will be down more that it’s working. Proof of this is in the endless emails we delete on a daily bases. Please spend the money on updating our air card system. I have a brand new computer that runs just as slow as my old one because of this antiquated system.

Please don’t forget about the weapons payroll deduction program and despite what your command staff is telling you 12 hour shifts SUCK. If you or anyone needs proof, come ride with me on nights for 1 full pay period or even just our long week. Think of it this way; it’s like adding another half a day every day you work. Those who think it’s great probably haven’t worked here long enough to remember what 8 or 10 hour shifts were like.

Thank you again for taking the time to come see us, it was appreciated.