Meeting with the Sheriff
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Meeting with the Sheriff

Things I wanted to say to the Sheriff but didn’t feel comfortable with certain attendees:

Thank you Sheriff Rambosk for coming to our sub and taking the time to keep us informed in these uncertain times. Your hard work in minimizing the impact of the economy on the CCSO is greatly appreciated.

You talked of buying new equipment (radios & computer equipment) but I think we need to fix what we have before we expand on a weak foundation. The radios for one haven’t worked correctly since we moved communications into the new com center. Status checks go unheard and we have to constantly repeat ourselves to the dispatchers because the reception is so poor. Our radios constantly go to scan and switch to the Immokalee tower causing periods of time when we can’t even key-up on our radios. Huge officer safety issue.

Adding additional equipment to these computers will only cause more problems with our already existing programs. It seems every time an update is added something else malfunctions. The latest example is this SOPHOS software. It now causes errors in our DORS reporting programs. I cringe every time I have my computer updated. The facial recognition software is a great idea but if it works as well as the rapid ID it will be down more that it’s working. Proof of this is in the endless emails we delete on a daily bases. Please spend the money on updating our air card system. I have a brand new computer that runs just as slow as my old one because of this antiquated system.

Please don’t forget about the weapons payroll deduction program and despite what your command staff is telling you 12 hour shifts SUCK. If you or anyone needs proof, come ride with me on nights for 1 full pay period or even just our long week. Think of it this way; it’s like adding another half a day every day you work. Those who think it’s great probably haven’t worked here long enough to remember what 8 or 10 hour shifts were like.

Thank you again for taking the time to come see us, it was appreciated.

Re: Meeting with the Sheriff

Sorry to hear your job is not all roses and sunshine out there on patrol. Things are just great here in Corrections. As soon as we get the right leadership in place here things will get even better. Come on people, yes we can!

I know how to fix the problem between the LEO and the CO posting issues with their jobs...all LEO's will let CO's borrow their cell phones and the CO'S will give LEO's their radios. Probem solved.

All kidding aside though the radios have sucked for over a decade now not just since they moved the comm center. And sorry to hear about the jail it's not like it was over a decade ago... :cop:

P.S. I will post my rant about the patrol shifts another time when i'm not so tired. :snicker:

I think everyone can accept the fact there is no money for raises and the cost of insurance is going up. I see my property tax bill and I get it. The only thing I got out of the meeting with the Sheriff is he seems more concerned about the image of the agency from the public point of view than he is with us . I think we all are and try hard to maintain a level of sevice that makes surrounding agencies look like rank amatuers. I'm proud to be a part of the Collier County Sheriff's office, but could not care less about being a leader in social networking.

I think the Sheriff missed the mark with what would benefit the members of this agency. More politician than cop I guess.

i was once blinded by the light...go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Blinded by the wool
    I think everyone can accept the fact there is no money for raises and the cost of insurance is going up. I see my property tax bill and I get it. The only thing I got out of the meeting with the Sheriff is he seems more concerned about the image of the agency from the public point of view than he is with us . I think we all are and try hard to maintain a level of sevice that makes surrounding agencies look like rank amatuers. I'm proud to be a part of the Collier County Sheriff's office, but could not care less about being a leader in social networking.

I think the Sheriff missed the mark with what would benefit the members of this agency. More politician than cop I guess.
    Absolutely true.
    The sheriff has always been this way. More concerned with himself and his image...Always a politician or a paper pusher.

I hear MIPD has openings if you miss your old boss. :lol:

Here is a place to go if you don't like the current Sheriff and the way he runs his department.

http://www.officer.com/news/10438910...-in-gulf-state

I've never heard of a sheriff prouder of his social media than he is of his law enforcement officers.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-800-GUEST
    Here is a place to go if you don't like the current Sheriff and the way he runs his department.

http://www.officer.com/news/10438910...-in-gulf-state

No, that is the type of place people like you work. And this is NOT his agency, and I am sure he would be the first to agree. (it is not even a department). He was elected to oversee the office and that can very easily be taken back and entrusted to someone else, so no, it is not his. Unfortunately, when the privilage of running the office is taken away from him, it probably will not be because of anything he did or did not do, it will be because of people like you running your mouth, not doing your job, believing you are above the law and entitled. So if you are trying to support him, do him a favor and keep your mouth shut.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast