Trooper Watts HOW DARE YOU????? - Page 2
Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Re: Trooper Watts HOW DARE YOU?????

Un-f#cking real! I can't fathom writing an officer after they present valid LEO credentials. I would feel like a complete douche. Even writing them a warning I would feel like a douche. Hell, even going back my car to run their X27 would make me feel really strange! How the hell do these morons stroke other brothers and then manage to sleep at night? These are your BROTHERS! a.k.a the only ones who you can guarantee to have your back when the shizzat goes down. Someone needs to have a serious talk with this idiot.

Sounds like they're both Douches to me....The Trooper for writing a ticket (that we have no background on, perhaps violator officer is a big mouth South Florida entitlement mindset type or maybe not) and the Douche officer for wearing his uniform to court! That’s a bogus excuse that you're on your way to work and he couldn’t change, they don’t have a locker room to change in at the Mayberry PD? Some of you idiots who form opinions based on what an anonymous blowhard posts on a message board amaze me, are you sure you can remember to breathe every few seconds too?

To Repeat the poor Dade County Officer had to drive back to Dade County to go to work and had no choice, which he explained to the Magistrate.

The thing is we will all be there if Trooper Watts were to ever get hurt in the line of duty, or tell her have a nice day if she were stopped her in her personal vehicle.

The "thin blue line" just got thinner out there. SAD

Quote Originally Posted by Sad
    To Repeat the poor Dade County Officer had to drive back to Dade County to go to work and had no choice, which he explained to the Magistrate.

The thing is we will all be there if Trooper Watts were to ever get hurt in the line of duty, or tell her have a nice day if she were stopped her in her personal vehicle.

The "thin blue line" just got thinner out there. SAD
    Yep, and regardless of the reason why the Miami officer wore his uniform to court, I couldn't care less if he wore it or not. The only thing that matters is he should have never been put in a position to show up in traffic court IN THE FIRST PLACE!

She wrote a Deputy a seat belt ticket after working his wreck and finding him not at fault. He was working and on his way to a call to back another Deputy at a burglary in progress. She decided not to issue the ticket to the Deputys face but sent it to him in the mail and what do ya know she missed court.

Unhappy Re: Trooper Watts HOW DARE YOU?????

I am confused as to why ANY LEO should be treated any different than the public they serve. I fail to see what gives those who are intrusted with authority the idea that they are better than the average Joe Blow. Does your badge give you the right to violate traffic protocal? What happened to setting an example, standing tall, leading by doing? Lack of priorities and misplaced values are the problem with this country! God help us when these qualities are absorbed into the very agencies we hope to create peace and order!

Your not a cop and thank god. you have no understanding what it means or stands for, PLEASE speed by me so I can issue an UTC..

Sounds like this Trooper (Watts) needs a head examination. She obviously has not gotten the big picture.
    However, on the same subject, and in defense of some of the Turnpike troopers I worked with who have written another LEO, please allow me to offer another perspective.
    The trooper is now retired, but was highly respected by his peers when he was on the road. To hear him tell this account shed's another light on the subject.
    Picture this:
    You work the turnpike for years, mostly the section from Kissimmee to Yeehaw Junction. For the umteenth time, you stop "another" LEO who thinks his credentials are a license to speed. We're not talking 10 to 15 over here people... You have for years extended professional courtesy. That's one thing. But nowadays, things are different. Nowadays, there are the badge heavy types that have the balls to challenge you when you stop them. They don't know what "humble" is? The first thing they do is cram their badge in your face and give you a ration of crap for stopping them!
    On this "rare" occasion, this particular trooper has written another LEO, and a Miami trooper (sergeant) that I know of, I am on his side! I would have written the son of a *****es too! I don't care if they are brother LEO's. Here's the other side of the story.
    The south Florida deputy that was stopped, (108 in a 70 !!! ) in a Ford Explorer with his wife and two children on board! On their way to see Mickey? (no emergency here right?) Get's out of the Explorer with an attitude holds his badge out at arms length to the trooper, in sight for all those cars that he just blew off the road at 108 to see as they pass by - and says to the trooper after asking for his drivers license, "what? you don't give LEO's professional courtesy?" And, this trooper, who's sick and tired of working wrecks with catastrophic injuries due to high speed, pauses as his blood pressure rises, realizing this deputy is the kind of guy that will go down the road (speeding again), later on and talk crap about him anyway decides to give the guy a piece of his mind and says: "Let me tell you something buddy!" Professional courtesy is not something that is owed to anybody! It "may" get extended if it is received, I don't owe you squat! What's more, what makes you think that you can endanger the precious lives of your wife and two children by driving 108 miles an hour?! What kind of message are you sending to your kids? That its OK to break the law so flagrantly and get a free pass if you are caught by an LEO doing his job, who's has to risk his butt to catch you at 130 or 140 mph only to learn that it's a "fellow LEO" who is putting you in jeopardy?! The trooper told him, you're lucky I'm not helping the M.E. put you and your family into body bags!
    That trooper had that deputy in tears believe it or not; and, the deputy was apologising after signing the citation he got. He paid it, because I am sure he was too embarrassed to appear in court. I sure would have been. So, in a way I don't understand why that Miami cop wore his uniform to court like that except to embarrass not only himself, but the trooper as well. There may be more to the story, but it sounds to me like trooper Watts has a severe lack of good judgement.
    So. There are three sides of any story. His side, her side, and the truth.
    Bottom line is, If you're wearing you're celophane pants, don't expect me to cover your ass! For those of you who've been on long enough, you know who used to say that in the academy when he taught traffic law. (we're not talking about Lively either)
    You guys and gals be safe.

OK, your story is heart felt, however, why make a bad situation worse? In the above situation pulling him over you made the point, I would have just walked away and not get into a "power play" with the other cop. Once he ID'S himself and is legit I am out of there. He wants to be an ass? I don't have the pay grade to stand there an argue. I am more intelligent than that. If I wanna get paid to argue I will become a lawyer and make real money.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingmachine
    Your not a cop and thank god. you have no understanding what it means or stands for, PLEASE speed by me so I can issue an UTC..
    No, I am not a COP but I do work for FHP and I would expect to get written if I was doing something wrong...entitlement is imaginary and people who are in authority and abuse it are just as bad if not worse than the public they write.

Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast