$10,000 pay raise? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: $10,000 pay raise?

Quote Originally Posted by guesttt
    They, Keen and Campbell both have been on more than 25, got the THI bump, are in drop and slam the soar. They benefitted from the extinct step plan. They are the exception not the rule. I know sergeants who skipped THI and maxed at 50K, even though they had 20 years on.

There are Captains with 25 plus years that at the low end of the pay scale (70-75k). There are Lt's That make more than Captains (85-94k). There are Sgts that make almost 70k.

Most of these Capatins were also THI.

Just look it up.

http://dmssalaries.heroku.com/salaries

There is a Captain in Troop F who demoted from THI back to trooper and got to keep his THI pay because he was best buddies with former Colonel Hall's son. The same Captain then promoted to THI again and got the THI raise a second time. What a deal. He was not a good THI and stunk as a Sergeant, stunk as a Lieutenant and stinks even worse as a Caption.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    There is a Captain in Troop F who demoted from THI back to trooper and got to keep his THI pay because he was best buddies with former Colonel Hall's son. The same Captain then promoted to THI again and got the THI raise a second time. What a deal. He was not a good THI and stunk as a Sergeant, stunk as a Lieutenant and stinks even worse as a Caption.

If what you say is true, the he should be making more than most Captains. The starting salary for Captain is about 70k.

Since you don’t want to name this person, then go to the web site and verify his salary and post it on here.

Verify your facts!

I find it hard to believe he kept his salary because he was friends with the Col’s son.

If what you say is true, the he should be making more than most Captains. The starting salary for Captain is about 70k.

Since you don’t want to name this person, then go to the web site and verify his salary and post it on here.

Verify your facts!

I find it hard to believe he kept his salary because he was friends with the Col’s son.

This Captain makes about 82,0000 dollars a year. That is twelve thousand a year above your 70,000 amount so you take the promotions to THI (second time), Sergeant, Lieutenant and Captain and there you have the twelve thousand dollars difference for a starting pay Captain from this Captain.

Not unheard of to get to keep your pay. Now recently promoted Sgt Bryant,who cant decide what rank he wants to be (Tpr,Sgt., Lt., Tpr., Cpl., and now Sgt. again) got to keep his Lt. money when he demoted to Tpr. He makes 10k more than me and I have more time on the patrol than him and have 15 years in grade. There is no fairness at FHP. Its not even a double standard....there is no standard. Check it 66k and been a sgt less than a year.

http://dmssalaries.heroku.com/salaries

Arrow Re: $10,000 pay raise?

This is a more accurate site of state salaries for all state workers. It is updated regularly. I agree, there does seem to be a lot of discrepancy in pay. I guess what I don't understand is if our agency is tasked with reducing our budget and streamlining, wouldn't they select not only the best candidate but the one that costs the less as well? What I mean is this: considering our agency has just promoted a Captain into a LTC position, that salary alone witll get an enormous raise (probably 50K or more). Former Chief Smith's postion was changed I thought because reductions and had he been seleted for the LTC spot, it would have cost the agency only 10-12K increase in budget and opened up his current position for a lower paid member. Carrick received a 12K raise it seems which I have no idea if it's temporary or not but I am befuddled with the facts. If we are laying off members, closing stations and cutting back, why make these type of costly decsions. It's not just the promotions or raises, the travel is a real clincher. With the capabilities we have for videoconferencing, why spend the taxpayers money on travel to visit stations and chat with various members. I'd like to see that money spent on new cars and specialty equipment we really need.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to sling any mud or be disrespectful to management, but I can't make sense of the majority of decisions that I see and I certainly hope as time goes by there is a solid reasoning to them.

Check out the site for pay and pensions etc.
    http://www.floridahasarighttoknow.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed
    This is a more accurate site of state salaries for all state workers. It is updated regularly. I agree, there does seem to be a lot of discrepancy in pay. I guess what I don't understand is if our agency is tasked with reducing our budget and streamlining, wouldn't they select not only the best candidate but the one that costs the less as well? What I mean is this: considering our agency has just promoted a Captain into a LTC position, that salary alone witll get an enormous raise (probably 50K or more). Former Chief Smith's postion was changed I thought because reductions and had he been seleted for the LTC spot, it would have cost the agency only 10-12K increase in budget and opened up his current position for a lower paid member. Carrick received a 12K raise it seems which I have no idea if it's temporary or not but I am befuddled with the facts. If we are laying off members, closing stations and cutting back, why make these type of costly decsions. It's not just the promotions or raises, the travel is a real clincher. With the capabilities we have for videoconferencing, why spend the taxpayers money on travel to visit stations and chat with various members. I'd like to see that money spent on new cars and specialty equipment we really need.

Please don't get me wrong, I am not trying to sling any mud or be disrespectful to management, but I can't make sense of the majority of decisions that I see and I certainly hope as time goes by there is a solid reasoning to them.

Check out the site for pay and pensions etc.
    http://www.floridahasarighttoknow.com/
    You are correct in that Hildreth will go from $70K to $120K.

Leroy Smith was demoted from Chief to Major but he cried (and threatened to sue) and was able to keep his Chief's salary. His threats kept him from getting the Lt. Colonel job. Must be nice to get a demotion but not a cut in pay.

What's really troubling is that Brierton has given Carrick a $10K pay raise when every other state employee is getting nothing. We're actually losing 3% because of the retirement issue. I wich Governor Scott knew about this. Big Momma and yellow teeth would have some 'splainin to do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12