$10,000 pay raise?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

$10,000 pay raise?

Wonder if Guzman and Brown know that Carrick makes the same money as a Lt. Colonel now? How'd that happen? A $10,000 raise for what? May be another nail in Brierton's coffin.

Re: $10,000 pay raise?

In case you didn't know it, all salaries are posted for every state employee in each state. The Governor has a link "right to know" on his site. The newspapers also publish these.... so YES, everyone knows what everyone makes and YES there is some disparity among the ranks. That is complained of a lot.

The real shocker is that most Sergeants and Lieutenants make more than the LTCs, Chiefs, Majors etc. and have a smidgen of the stress!!

In my position, I'm the lowest paid. Others make 10K over me as well. Is it fair? Well, look at years of service, the years they came on might have been the "hay days" with raises. I think because the economy is what it is and all the cutbacks, people sharply focus on these things... but they've been part of FHP for many years.

A word of advice... don't look up everyone's salary because it will only depress you for the next year and make it hard to appreciate your job!!

:twisted:

Quote Originally Posted by Duh
    In case you didn't know it, all salaries are posted for every state employee in each state. The Governor has a link "right to know" on his site. The newspapers also publish these.... so YES, everyone knows what everyone makes and YES there is some disparity among the ranks. That is complained of a lot.

The real shocker is that most Sergeants and Lieutenants make more than the LTCs, Chiefs, Majors etc. and have a smidgen of the stress!!

In my position, I'm the lowest paid. Others make 10K over me as well. Is it fair? Well, look at years of service, the years they came on might have been the "hay days" with raises. I think because the economy is what it is and all the cutbacks, people sharply focus on these things... but they've been part of FHP for many years.

A word of advice... don't look up everyone's salary because it will only depress you for the next year and make it hard to appreciate your job!!

:twisted:
    Ummm, I don't know of many Sgts and Lts making $100,000.

Well, the above poster seems to be correct in stating that one Chief was given a 10K raise. Perhaps for covering the LTC spot, who knows. But I'm sure that's hard for all of us to swallow considering most of us can't afford to make our bills each month.

As for SGTS, the average are in the 65K - 78K, then add details etc. THen configure a lower tax bracket and there you go.

If you go to the Governor's website and click the link "the Right to Know" you can find any state salary on there. Be warned -- it's depressing.

I dont think he would care what the other chiefs would think. Heck, I heard he could of been the Colonel when Knight took office. I have no problem with him.....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I dont think he would care what the other chiefs would think. Heck, I heard he could of been the Colonel when Knight took office. I have no problem with him.....
    Carrick is weak, weak, weak. All he's interested in is how many degrees he can get and what he can do to benefit himself personally. He sucks up to whoever is in charge, beginning with Knight when he was here. He talked Czernis into bringing back the Chief positions so he could get promoted and not have to move. Now he's talked Brierton into giving him a $10K pay raise and now makes the same money as a Lt. Colonel, again - so he doesn't have to move.

He's smooth, that's for sure. But nobody respects him, and if I was Guzman, I'd be raising hell about him making more money than me.

Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue
    Well, the above poster seems to be correct in stating that one Chief was given a 10K raise. Perhaps for covering the LTC spot, who knows. But I'm sure that's hard for all of us to swallow considering most of us can't afford to make our bills each month.

As for SGTS, the average are in the 65K - 78K, then add details etc. THen configure a lower tax bracket and there you go.

If you go to the Governor's website and click the link "the Right to Know" you can find any state salary on there. Be warned -- it's depressing.
    What SGTs do you know that are making 65-78k at FHP? Promotion to a captain barely gets you 70K.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sadbuttrue

What SGTs do you know that are making 65-78k at FHP? Promotion to a captain barely gets you 70K.

Sgt Clarence Campbell Ft Myers, Owen Keen Ft Myers

They, Keen and Campbell both have been on more than 25, got the THI bump, are in drop and slam the soar. They benefitted from the extinct step plan. They are the exception not the rule. I know sergeants who skipped THI and maxed at 50K, even though they had 20 years on.

54k here, 24 on and 14 as a Sgt. Now add in SOAR and HB and it approaches 74k.
    There are CAD Sgts. with more than 25 on making over 70K base. Anyone with 20 or less are making in the mid 40's to low 50's not including CAD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast