Any certified openings soon? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Any certified openings soon?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I find it pretty hard to believe a secretary earns $20K more than a LEO. That would mean the secretary would earn about $50K/year. Are you sure? It doesn't meet the common sense test. I checked and secretaries at our agency earn about $25K a year and work 5 days a week.
    I know its hard to believe, but it is true. They have fancy new titles so they are not called "secretaries". They do make around 10 - 20k a year more then the certified leo's. Don't believe me, look it up on the Gov's website. The secretaries everywhere else make around 25k, but Tally is special. Then they wonder why everyone is always P'ed off in this place.
    Does FWC have any $50K positions open for secretaries or do the DEP Tally secretary pool have something to worry about?

I find it pretty hard to believe a secretary earns $20K more than a LEO. That would mean the secretary would earn about $50K/year. Are you sure? It doesn't meet the common sense test. I checked and secretaries at our agency earn about $25K a year and work 5 days a week.
    I know its hard to believe, but it is true. They have fancy new titles so they are not called "secretaries". They do make around 10 - 20k a year more then the certified leo's. Don't believe me, look it up on the Gov's website. The secretaries everywhere else make around 25k, but Tally is special. Then they wonder why everyone is always P'ed off in this place.
    Does FWC have any $50K positions open for secretaries or do the DEP Tally secretary pool have something to worry about?
    You should check their web site if you are that interested. The way I hear it, they are so rank heavy they have captains serving coffee to the majors. In that case, you have secretaries making 60,000 and up.

I am a DEP secretary and deserve every penny of my 56,342.63. If you do not like what I make and you are unhappy with what you make then you should not have accepted it and moved on.

I am a DEP secretary and deserve every penny of my 56,342.63. If you do not like what I make and you are unhappy with what you make then you should not have accepted it and moved on.
    I'm sure you do earn every penny. :evil:

I'm sure you do earn every penny. :evil:

Bow chicka bow bow

Every boss needs a good secretary,even here at DEP/DLE.I have no problem with a good Secretary/Admin.Ass. making good money.But,the Sworn State Law Enforcement Officers that risk their lives every should be paid way more than any secretary.Period That is one of the main reasons why the moral is so low here at DEP/DLE. Worse than that,they got us doing your secretary work at the end of the month.But,that will all end when we go over to FWCC.The 56000.00 a year DEP secretary will be a thing of the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-08 DEP
    Every boss needs a good secretary,even here at DEP/DLE.I have no problem with a good Secretary/Admin.Ass. making good money.But,the Sworn State Law Enforcement Officers that risk their lives every should be paid way more than any secretary.Period That is one of the main reasons why the moral is so low here at DEP/DLE. Worse than that,they got us doing your secretary work at the end of the month.But,that will all end when we go over to FWCC.The 56000.00 a year DEP secretary will be a thing of the past.
    Have you checked how much their secretaries make? Bet you haven't.

Well then I guess that makes you a secretary.

No, it makes you the secretary's secretary. I wonder if there is a title for that?

No, it makes you the secretary's secretary. I wonder if there is a title for that?
    Simple, you are the undersecretary. Possibly you can put that on a job application to get a high paying secretary job. Undersecretary sounds pretty good on an application I would think. Leave all that risking your life, dealing with mean people, and low pay behind for the real important work done in the office.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123