Can I take my lunch from 3-4 ?I start at 8AM

Can I take my lunch from 3-4 ?I start at 8AM

I want to take my lunch every day at 3pm-4pm to pick my children up at school can this be done? I am being told that it says if you start at 8am you must have lunch between 11-2PM. I am also being told that for me to work my schedule this way is a alternative work schedule and can not be done.Anyone know where to find rules on this subject?

Re: Can I take my lunch from 3-4 ?I start at 8AM

You were told the right information. You cannot take your lunch between 3 to 4pm if you start work at 8am. Please refer to the rules in 60k and 60l of the state rules.

Lightbulb Re: Can I take my lunch from 3-4 ?I start at 8AM

If that is an issue, you shouldn't have had children. :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by whoever..
    If that is an issue, you shouldn't have had children. :mrgreen:
    Like most rules at DC they are exposed then often forgotten. More often as a working practice at the 'DISCRETION OF THE SUP.' but likely the employees call because the SUP. just doesnt care. Children have been put through K thru 8 because the parent has been allowed to come in late and leave early to pick up their children.

It is one of the UNWRITTEN benefits for not being PROFESSIONALS.

ps: How about the employee whose contract says: "BETWEEN 10:15 TO 10:45AM and 2:15 TO 2:45 PM leave the office to W A L K THE D O G!!!

We have an officer in my office that skips lunch and leaves everyday at 4:00? Is that legal?

If you are not a supervisor, it is none of your business what others do. Take care of you first. And if you think others are are getting away with a wrong, report it to the powers instead of whining on this site.

Problem is this only certain people are allowed to have alternative work schedules. if you have a employee who is taking lunch like this file a complaint .You can use the anoynomous section on the website and report it . We had it in our office and reported it like that and in a week that special person no longer had special treatment. Rules apply to all of us not some of us.

So don't start at 8am....arrange your "lunch" at a mid way point of your day. Or---like the rest of us did when we had small children...sign up for after school care--or arrange with a neighbor for child care. DC is not here for your convenience..you are here to do a job. Like it, or find somewhere else that certainly will not listen to your child care problems.

How about this, just do your dam job! If you have kids, make plans to have them taken care of like the rest of us are doing! Do your dam job like the rest of us single mom's are doing these days! Stop being a soccer mom.

I was told no lunch break at DOC shift 8-4 with no lunch break you eat while working