FDOT pursuit in Molino
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FDOT pursuit in Molino

For whomever was chasing a purple Ford Ranger on Hwy 196 last night, I know who and where your suspect went. Had you got on the radio, I could have helped you out.

Re: FDOT pursuit in Molino

Probably one of the golden boys of SP. You can do anything over there as long as you make quota.

FDOT does not exist anymore. This should be put in the FHP forum.

Why couldn't you have gotten on the radio and helped out?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I didn't have a radio, I was off duty on my front porch watching the suspects hide their vehicle. I called their dispatch to relay the info, but no one owned up to the pursuit.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest17
    I didn't have a radio, I was off duty on my front porch watching the suspects hide their vehicle. I called their dispatch to relay the info, but no one owned up to the pursuit.
    I get it. You're not a law enforcement officer. Unless your sworn duties stop at your front porch with a phone in your hand. Is the car still infront of your house? Did you check to see if it was stolen? Did you just sit back and drink some more beers as the "suspects" hid their vehicle? Are they your neighbors?

I get it. You're not a law enforcement officer. Unless your sworn duties stop at your front porch with a phone in your hand. Is the car still infront of your house? Did you check to see if it was stolen? Did you just sit back and drink some more beers as the "suspects" hid their vehicle? Are they your neighbors?
    What would you arrest them for, hiding their car. He said no one said they were chasing so what crime was committed. Please explain. What would you have done tough guy, walk over in your civilian clothes and make an arrest. Again for what.

What would you arrest them for, hiding their car. He said no one said they were chasing so what crime was committed. Please explain. What would you have done tough guy, walk over in your civilian clothes and make an arrest. Again for what.
    LOL funny. Who said anything about arresting someone? If I witnessed something across from my house which made me think a police officer was chasing a vehicle. Calling the people who I witnessed "suspects hiding their car". Calling the station to help with the location of the "suspects". Posting a comment on LEOaffairs. I might look at little more into it. Just because the officer didn't fess up to chasing the vehicle (might not have wanted to get in trouble <-- another topic) doesn't mean there isn't suspicion of a possible crime. I might check out the car to see if it was stolen. Could have been used in a crime that just occured? I might have witnessed the "suspects" and saw where they went what they looked like. There are many possiblilities. Just sayn, you could do a little more than just sit on the front porch. It all changes if the suspects left the area right away with the veh. or ditched it. Thats why I asked the questions. If they ditched it I would look into why. I'm probably a little to proactive and gung ho

Did you not read my previous post? I called an on duty deputy and asked if he knew anything about an FDOT cruiser looking for the vehicle on this road, he knew nothing of it. I called the Sheriff's Office dispatch and inquired about it, they knew nothing about it. I asked the S.O. to transfer me to FDOT dispatch (which is apparently the same as FHP dispatch). I asked THAT dispatcher if they had ANY units looking for a purple Ford Ranger on or anywhere in the area of Molino, they advised that they did not.
    What else would you have me do? At the time, I wasn't even positive that the truck that flew into the backyard was running from the FDOT guy. I saw the truck whip into the backyard, 30 seconds or so later I saw the patrol car speed by with blue lights on.
    I am more than willing to help other agencies with anything I can, but if you don't put SOMETHING out over the air, my hands are tied.

Did you not read my previous post? I called an on duty deputy and asked if he knew anything about an FDOT cruiser looking for the vehicle on this road, he knew nothing of it. I called the Sheriff's Office dispatch and inquired about it, they knew nothing about it. I asked the S.O. to transfer me to FDOT dispatch (which is apparently the same as FHP dispatch). I asked THAT dispatcher if they had ANY units looking for a purple Ford Ranger on or anywhere in the area of Molino, they advised that they did not.
    What else would you have me do? At the time, I wasn't even positive that the truck that flew into the backyard was running from the FDOT guy. I saw the truck whip into the backyard, 30 seconds or so later I saw the patrol car speed by with blue lights on.
    I am more than willing to help other agencies with anything I can, but if you don't put SOMETHING out over the air, my hands are tied.
    FDOT does not have a separate dispatch from FHP because THEY ARE FHP. As of 7-1-11, FDOT became FHP CVE.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast