Privitazation of prisons

Privitazation of prisons

Well the State is eliminating more jobs by privatizing half the prisons.This is just the beginning.It will eventually spill over to the county jails,with more jobs lost.Thanks Rick Scott....

Re: Privitazation of prisons

I think in the next four years it will go much deeper than that my friend. Rick Scott has a study due to be completed Jan. 1st that is looking at consolidating the 11 Law enforcement entities in Florida. The elimination of FHP,DOT etc. this is just year one. His next step will be to look at within agencies themselves. We're already hiring reserve Deputies, the port, control rooms in the jails, court security,school resource Deputies. The next contract has wording dealing with DUI BAT staff. Transport will be next to follow. I can easily see in the near future city departments being consolidated and everything not patrol itself being privatized. Insurance premiums WILL rise,benefits will be cut including FRS with bigger contributions. We should ALL be watching this VERY carefully. Its a scary time for all public sector employees. The private sector is in the dumps because of their greed and now that they have eaten their own their now turning on us for the left over scraps. NO ONE IS SAFE!