2 More Arrested

Thread: 2 More Arrested

2 More Arrested

BOYNTON BEACH — State prosecutors charged two Boynton Beach police officers today with official misconduct, after an investigation revealed that they allegedly falsified police reports that documented their actions while serving an arrest warrant at a Boynton Beach motel in November.

According to a statement released by the Palm Beach County State Attorney's Office, Boynton Beach Police Officer Michael Mulcahy is charged with official misconduct and giving a false official statement, while former officer Michael Arco is charged with official misconduct and perjury.

In the statement, the state attorney alleges that both Arco and Mulcahy falsified supplemental reports as to how they entered a motel room in Boynton Beach, where they ultimately arrested 19-year-old Gary Roker for armed robbery on Nov. 28.

Shortly after the State Attorney's Office issued its statement, Boynton Beach Police Chief Matt Immler said in a prepared statement that the department was "saddened by these events."

"This is a case where an alert sergeant, reviewing reports and speaking with his officers, revealed discrepancies in what was being reported and what may have actually happened," Immler said. "...We realize that our officers must be held to the highest standards of our profession, and that the preservation of individual rights through proper policing practices and accurate reporting is paramount."

Boynton Beach Police spokeswoman Stephanie Slater said this afternoon that Mulcahy was hired in 2006 and has been on administrative leave since April 4 of this year. Arco was hired in 2005, but resigned on Feb. 23.

According to jail records, Mulcahy and Arco were booked into the Palm Beach County Jail around 11:30 a.m., and bonded out by 2:30 p.m.
    http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/crime ... 84858.html

Well that is 2 more arrested. Lets see what Immler has to say when Ofc. Lindsey and Albanese are next. Funny how the chief's statement left out how Sgt. McNevin originally didn't do anything with this incident and in my opinion was complicent in the incident. It took another Sgt. to stand up and do what was right. And as usual the chief will cover for another mistake of Sgt. McNevin's. Sad state of affairs. Again, as I said in an earlier posting, think it is time for FDLE to come in to take a look. At this rate it is not only the poor decision making on the part of the officers but poor leadership. And for you HC, when the time is right I will talk with you, I just don't want the chief targeting me next. We both know even if you saw the light there is not much you could realistically do and more than likely you would just rat on me because you don't have the position or power to do anything anyways.

Re: 2 More Arrested

We Need Help,

We will have to wait and see what is in store next.

As for McNevin, I am not his "protector", nor would he want anyone to be, however, I can say that working with him this shift pick has been good, he is a solid supervisor.

I respect your position regarding seeing me "when the time is right". I would highly doubt that I would ever "rat" on you or anyone else. I just think that your outlook on some of the issues being presented here is a little skewed.

As far as not having the power or position to change things, I'm not sure about that. I guess I still believe that leading by setting a good example and keeping a positive attitude works and has the ability to change things, no matter what your rank or position is. Maybe not, but I will not give up on this agency or the good personnel that still keep their heads up and serve the City

HC

This is not the place or forum to discuss this matter boys - do it in private so the world is not burden with your thoughts. As for supervisory matters - sounds like its time for a change of venue in Boynton - If you are being lead by example - then the example blows - too many cops going down - examples are set from the top down - not people hiding in corners and waiting to hear what happens next - sounds like the era of Good Feeling is running amuck in Tamani Hall!

Well, that is one more down. Who is next? I'm guessing Ofc. Lugor for the domestic battery thing and maybe one more perjury thing if it is not swept under the rug. And to Not Now, yes the supervision at the top is horrible.