BSO to replace SRD's with reserves - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: BSO to replace SRD's with reserves

Quote Originally Posted by Guest

Sheriff Lamberti this is the worst idea in the history of BSO.
    No surprise from the worst sheriff in the history of BSO.

So you know,this is a national trend for many LE Agencies now with the $$$$ situation.As long the LEO is current in Florida and is qualified who cares.FYI,many full time LEOs retire in their mid forties with 25 years exp.I am sure try can handles school or airport duties.You rookies quit thinking you know it all,you don,t You will have a much harder time getting the years in nowadays than the Reserve Deputies/Retired.
    BSO plans to hire as many Reserve Deputies as they can.
    It is one good idea from the Sheriifs Office.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by leo2
    How many sworn Deputy's have recently retired?
    A lot, there has been at least 12 slugs that retired from the airport in the last 6 months.
    You would retire too from the airport if your average 5 highest years salary was $150.000. a year.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-98 Fulltimer
    So you know,this is a national trend for many LE Agencies now with the $$$$ situation.As long the LEO is current in Florida and is qualified who cares.FYI,many full time LEOs retire in their mid forties with 25 years exp.I am sure try can handles school or airport duties.You rookies quit thinking you know it all,you don,t You will have a much harder time getting the years in nowadays than the Reserve Deputies/Retired.
    BSO plans to hire as many Reserve Deputies as they can.
    It is one good idea from the Sheriifs Office.
    First off I am not a rookie. I have 20 years in. As I said, I have no problem with retired LEOs as reserves. What I have a problem with is eliminating full time positions for part-time ones.

A retired full-time LEO who wants to be a reserve from any So Fla Agency is fine with me. I have no problem with these guys. Once again dont staff full-time positions with part-timers. You have the part-timers that are weekend warriors. Those who have other careers that "play" cop. Those are the guys I dont trust to do the job (without close supervision).

This cannot affect me in any way. This is a you problem way more than it is a me problem. But it is a public safety problem.

No big deal, the S.R.D's don't do squat unless they work in a tough High School. Elementary and most Middle school SRO's are a joke. Don't let the NEWLY promoted major (J.N.) fool you.

I am sure the PBA is right on this to protect its members.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12