Mike Scott Scared of Union - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mike Scott Scared of Union

[YouTube][/YouTube]
    Quote Originally Posted by News
    Since we've heard plenty about all the bad things unions represent in the news, here's a story about the good things a union can get us.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=8220935

June 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police officers have won the right to a 24-hour ''cooling off'' period from the time they shoot someone to the time they must speak to an independent investigator.

The Independent Police Review Authority insisted last year on speaking to officers within two hours of a police-involved shooting. That sparked a fight with the Fraternal Order of Police
    Do you mean that there is a chance that MS and his lynch mob (the IA unit) to speak with those with a clear mindset. No more fixing IAs? Are you freaking kiddin me!!
    Now, the two parties have agreed to a minimum of 24 hours before the Independent Police Review Authority can question officers about a shooting.

Those interviews must take place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to give an officer what is being called a "proper sleep cycle."

(Copyright ©2011 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Listen people, do you realize florida is a right to work state and the only good a union does for officers is pre paid legal..... You are giving money to individuals that has no force or influential authority

I dont know about you, but I love living paycheck to pay check, while I see photos of the upper staff out on the 50,000 dollar boats over the weekend. I love the good old boy system, I love being pushed around, I love living on food stamps, I love seeing that a trash collector is making more and living a better life than me. If you feel the same than vote yes for scott.

Quote Originally Posted by no way
    Listen people, do you realize florida is a right to work state and the only good a union does for officers is pre paid legal..... You are giving money to individuals that has no force or influential authority
    With all the goings on within the agency, selective pay raises, unwarranted promotions, establishing new upper command staff positions, civilians assigned agency cars, etc., can you see a Deputy walking up to the budget director and asking for a detailed expenditures for these areas? No, you can't, but, can you see a union representative asking for them, yes I can. When the LCSO union board is selected, they as a board can ask these questions of the sheriff and rely them to the membership, hence, how and where the sheriff is spending the budget becomes fully known. If your response is that anyone can get this information, the answer is yes, however, it is the LCSO membership who have a direct effect and it is they who know what questions to ask and whether or not they are being given the run around.

With the state of the agency today and the senseless IAs that are being conducted, I don't mind having a pre-paid legal plan for protection. Too many shady investigations by MS and his admin staff has destroyed a lot of careers. Unfortunately,we never know who is next to be on the chopping block. Sadly, this is the environment that had been created.

FYI as for PPL, I have it and have used it, however since the Sheriff is the sponsor, you can not use the service for protection from the agency, or anything against the agency. I have tried and was told Conflict of Interest due to that reason. So unless something has changed please don't rely on that as being your saving grace.

Just for your information, you can use PPL for Sheriff Dept. IA's or anything else if you purchase your policy directly from a PPL agent. You cannot use it if you have it deducted from your paycheck. Then it is a conflict of interest.

PRE PAID LEGAL, is only a discount service. They will not send a FREE ATTOURNEY for you. It will cost you money. Join the union why is this so hard. Dont get stuck then hold your hand out wanting help. Wake up people get on board, get involved.

Quote Originally Posted by PPL User
    Just for your information, you can use PPL for Sheriff Dept. IA's or anything else if you purchase your policy directly from a PPL agent. You cannot use it if you have it deducted from your paycheck. Then it is a conflict of interest.
    You are correct on that and I am sorry for not clarifying that. Thank you again.

The only thing that is correct here is that this is a right to work state. Obviously this guy/girl has n o idea what he/she is talking about. Please refer to the Constitution of this great state which states in I §6 “…The right of persons to work shall not be denied or abridged by membership or nonmembership in any labor union or organization…” What does that mean? You can have a union shop if you want to but you cannot deny employment to someone who does not want to join the union representing that shop. The Constitution goes on to say “…The right of employees, by and through a labor organization, to bargain collectively shall not be denied or abridged…”
    So, why are unions in Florida? Why are over 90% of law enforcement agencies in Florida represented by a union? None of the unions are doing anything for them…..right? Give some facts to support your argument.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast