Mike Scott Scared of Union
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Mike Scott Scared of Union

Mike seems very much against any type of Union. If Mike is not doing anything wrong, he has nothing to fear. Most Unions like to work with the top guys, so the top guy can justify what he is asking for from i.e. BOCC. I was opposed to the Union but after seeing how scared he is with all the emails he is sending out I am definitely voting for the Union. You have to wonder what he so afraid of. He's already lost some power with the Sergeant and is afraid of losing more power or authority over the Deputies.

FYI Sheriff Grady of Polk County cut his budget by 3.8 million with no layoffs and still gave his people a raise. supposedly Burqiust found 3% to make up the FRS difference, Mike was good with it, but the chief deputy said the tax payers and BOCC would be upset of course Mike agreed and it became a wash. Simple fact Mike does not care about you. All the agencies that are freezing pay or are taking cuts are still ahead of LCSO and the coast of living, also the officers agreed to take these cuts or added rates to their health care plans.

I am sorry but the Star Care is not putting food on the table for my kids. He also does not understand it’s not just about money and health benefits. It’s also about fair and equal discipline. Good Luck everyone.

Re: Mike Scott Scared of Union

Something Lee Bushong sent us last night. I think Lee's gonna nail the sheriff on all his stuff. Seems like Lee is the only one who gives a rats a$$ about us and is still willing to stand up.

To all,

I remember a framed quote that hung in my house when I was growing up. It shaped the person I became: U.S. Marine, LEO, husband, father and friend.

"Once a man gives his word, it becomes his bond. It cannot be taken back. Ever."

That quote predates my birth but rings as true today as it did when penned. Today, that very same quote hangs on my wall. With that in mind, many great and wonderful things have happened since we started this campaign. During this endeavor, I gave my word on a few things, and I want to give it to you again.

When I take office as Sheriff, you will receive a raise. It's long overdue.
    I will end harsh, excessive discipline.
    I will protect, preserve and enhance your rights, working conditions and benefits.
    Many have questioned where the money will come from for these raises I promise. To this, I simply say...It's there. This fall, I will post our in-depth budget analysis on my website (www.lee2012.com) so you might see exactly where it will come from.

Discipline will be handled objectively and fairly. I firmly believe that all appealed discipline should be handled by an outside, disinterested party instead of by persons who can be influenced by the Administration. I am dead-set against using discipline to promote a political agenda or to silence political opposition. Fairness and consistency will become the mandate.

I believe the strength of the Lee County Sheriff's Office lays with the men and women on the front lines. Those personnel make the Office. A Sergeant or Captain cannot run this Office. A Sheriff cannot run this Office. The front line is the most important aspect of any organization. I am acutely aware of this fact. The days of cliques and favoritism will end when you elect me.

A few rumors have been spread around, so here are the facts: I did not walk off my shift (see my website for the CAD recall of my last day as D4S). The Ferrantes are not coming back. Tom Chappell is not a member of my executive staff - or any other staff of mine. I do not oppose the union. I support you.

I am looking forward to this race. I will eagerly and openly debate any other candidate on any of these matters. A lot of things face you in this election. I promise to bring fairness across the board to you. The opportunity for this campaign's success is in your hands. I encourage you to ask me the hard questions and I ask you for your support and vote. Please feel free to contact me at any time regarding any questions or concerns that you might have. Be safe. Stay strong. Let's Make It Right!

Lee Bushong

(239) 321-0988 (cell)

www.lee2012.com

LET'S MAKE IT RIGHT!

© All Rights Reserved.

Political advertisement paid for and approved by Lee Bushong, Republican for Lee County Sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by nothing to lose
    Mike seems very much against any type of Union. If Mike is not doing anything wrong, he has nothing to fear. Most Unions like to work with the top guys, so the top guy can justify what he is asking for from i.e. BOCC. I was opposed to the Union but after seeing how scared he is with all the emails he is sending out I am definitely voting for the Union. You have to wonder what he so afraid of. He's already lost some power with the Sergeant and is afraid of losing more power or authority over the Deputies.

FYI Sheriff Grady of Polk County cut his budget by 3.8 million with no layoffs and still gave his people a raise. supposedly Burqiust found 3% to make up the FRS difference, Mike was good with it, but the chief deputy said the tax payers and BOCC would be upset of course Mike agreed and it became a wash. Simple fact Mike does not care about you. All the agencies that are freezing pay or are taking cuts are still ahead of LCSO and the coast of living, also the officers agreed to take these cuts or added rates to their health care plans.

I am sorry but the Star Care is not putting food on the table for my kids. He also does not understand it’s not just about money and health benefits. It’s also about fair and equal discipline. Good Luck everyone.

We don't just need to vote union yes, everyone needs to vote union yes. Send a clear message to admin that we will not be pushed around. They assume that the deputies don't need to be happy, they only need to do what they are told! When election time comes around tell your family, friends, neighbors and mailman how to vote! Maybe then, the sheriff will realize he made a big mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Skywalker
    Something Lee Bushong sent us last night. I think Lee's gonna nail the sheriff on all his stuff. Seems like Lee is the only one who gives a rats a$$ about us and is still willing to stand up.

To all,

I remember a framed quote that hung in my house when I was growing up. It shaped the person I became: U.S. Marine, LEO, husband, father and friend.

"Once a man gives his word, it becomes his bond. It cannot be taken back. Ever."

That quote predates my birth but rings as true today as it did when penned. Today, that very same quote hangs on my wall. With that in mind, many great and wonderful things have happened since we started this campaign. During this endeavor, I gave my word on a few things, and I want to give it to you again.

When I take office as Sheriff, you will receive a raise. It's long overdue.
    I will end harsh, excessive discipline.
    I will protect, preserve and enhance your rights, working conditions and benefits.
    Many have questioned where the money will come from for these raises I promise. To this, I simply say...It's there. This fall, I will post our in-depth budget analysis on my website (http://www.lee2012.com) so you might see exactly where it will come from.

Discipline will be handled objectively and fairly. I firmly believe that all appealed discipline should be handled by an outside, disinterested party instead of by persons who can be influenced by the Administration. I am dead-set against using discipline to promote a political agenda or to silence political opposition. Fairness and consistency will become the mandate.

I believe the strength of the Lee County Sheriff's Office lays with the men and women on the front lines. Those personnel make the Office. A Sergeant or Captain cannot run this Office. A Sheriff cannot run this Office. The front line is the most important aspect of any organization. I am acutely aware of this fact. The days of cliques and favoritism will end when you elect me.

A few rumors have been spread around, so here are the facts: I did not walk off my shift (see my website for the CAD recall of my last day as D4S). The Ferrantes are not coming back. Tom Chappell is not a member of my executive staff - or any other staff of mine. I do not oppose the union. I support you.

I am looking forward to this race. I will eagerly and openly debate any other candidate on any of these matters. A lot of things face you in this election. I promise to bring fairness across the board to you. The opportunity for this campaign's success is in your hands. I encourage you to ask me the hard questions and I ask you for your support and vote. Please feel free to contact me at any time regarding any questions or concerns that you might have. Be safe. Stay strong. Let's Make It Right!

Lee Bushong

(239) 321-0988 (cell)

http://www.lee2012.com

LET'S MAKE IT RIGHT!

© All Rights Reserved.

Political advertisement paid for and approved by Lee Bushong, Republican for Lee County Sheriff
    Its time to stand up to this tyrant! There is an old saying, "A coward dies one thousand times, a brave man but once." When are we all going to stand up and end the reign of terror of this little man. I hate to also quote the bad guy, "If it wasn't for that gun and badge, I'd kick his ass!" How true of this little man who will never let go of his power kick. Leave town now Mikey because Bushong will first beat you with the truth and then we will kick your ass!

There is a code in Law Enforcement " We protect our own". Maybe some of the younger officers on LCSO will remember this. Quit giving into the brain washing. We should protect each other at all cost. Read between the lines. No way no how should another officer rat on another officer..NO WAY. Union will put a stop to this stuff hopefully.

You have the wrong mindset. A union will only breed, endorse, condone and harbor crying, *****ing-I want I want Deputies. The poor performers, call dodgers & lazy cops will be carried through and won't be held accountable. Look around you at roll-call you you can count at least two of your partners that dodge calls and do the bare minimum leaving aggresive cops picking up the slack.

Quote Originally Posted by ypu got it wrong...
    You have the wrong mindset. A union will only breed, endorse, condone and harbor crying, *****ing-I want I want Deputies. The poor performers, call dodgers & lazy cops will be carried through and won't be held accountable. Look around you at roll-call you you can count at least two of your partners that dodge calls and do the bare minimum leaving aggresive cops picking up the slack.
    Where in the world do you get that idea? Better working conditions equals lazy Deputies? I don't think so partner. If those call dodgers do so now (without a union), are you saying they are just going to dodge more calls and do less with a union? Many high activity, well rounded cops in the Department have stated they are going with a 'yes' vote. Deserving an honest days pay does not constitute a crying, *****ing, I want I want Deputy.

I love water slides!!!!!!!

:evil:

Quote Originally Posted by ypu got it wrong...
    And what is allowing that to exist now? The lack of a union? Look at all of the lazy do nothings around you. Look at all of the call dodgers now. Remeber all of the crying and *****ing. So this is happening in a non-union environment. If that is the case, then what organization is allowing that to exist? The management. A union actually allows you to have a voice in how to deal with these pukes. As for cops picking up the slack, why haven't you told our supervisor about this? What has he done about it?

Since we've heard plenty about all the bad things unions represent in the news, here's a story about the good things a union can get us.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?sectio ... id=8220935

June 29, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago police officers have won the right to a 24-hour ''cooling off'' period from the time they shoot someone to the time they must speak to an independent investigator.

The Independent Police Review Authority insisted last year on speaking to officers within two hours of a police-involved shooting. That sparked a fight with the Fraternal Order of Police.

Now, the two parties have agreed to a minimum of 24 hours before the Independent Police Review Authority can question officers about a shooting.

Those interviews must take place between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. to give an officer what is being called a "proper sleep cycle."

(Copyright ©2011 WLS-TV/DT. All Rights Reserved.)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast