In wake of Corruption--it is Time for a New Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: In wake of Corruption--it is Time for a New Chief

Attorneys for the bankruptcy trustee filed the $2.4 million clawback suit Thursday against J.R. Dunn Jewelers, which until January 2010 had a store in the same Las Olas Boulevard building that housed Rothstein's Fort Lauderdale-based law firm. J.R. Dunn's main store is inLighthouse Point.

Under bankruptcy law, the trustee can seek to reclaim payments Rothstein made to individuals and entities going back four years from October 2009, when Rothstein's $1.4 billion investment fraud scheme collapsed. The trustee is approaching the two-year deadline in which to file such clawback suits.

BETTER WATCH OUT COMING AFTER THE COPS WHO GUARDED HIS HOME AND BUSINESSES NEXT???

Watch out for what? the COPS werent doing anything illegal. If they were getting paid for doing an off-duty; they have nothing to worry about. If they were taking kick backs then yes. I don't believe that is the case.

BS they were doing a lot more than that. Funny how all those deals at JR store were discounted to the cops for just security. Give the watches back boys time short. Just a detail, were you that far out of the loop ???

Quote Originally Posted by wuuuat
    Watch out for what? the COPS werent doing anything illegal. If they were getting paid for doing an off-duty; they have nothing to worry about. If they were taking kick backs then yes. I don't believe that is the case.

It doesn't matter, the jeweler wasn't doing anything illegal either. They were just providing a service, just like the detail. But if you were paid for your service with ill-gotten funds the claw back laws are very clear, that money must be returned to the bankruptcy trust. It's irrelevant if IRS taxes were paid on the monies/profits earned. The principle monies will have to be paid back and proper tax credits would apply. The work that was done, ie.. The detail, just like the jewelry that was sold will be a loss to the provider. This is what happens when something seems to good to be true, it usually is. It never pays to do business with unscrupulous people. Cops will be given a structured pay back plan but the monies must be returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    It doesn't matter, the jeweler wasn't doing anything illegal either. They were just providing a service, just like the detail. But if you were paid for your service with ill-gotten funds the claw back laws are very clear, that money must be returned to the bankruptcy trust. It's irrelevant if IRS taxes were paid on the monies/profits earned. The principle monies will have to be paid back and proper tax credits would apply. The work that was done, ie.. The detail, just like the jewelry that was sold will be a loss to the provider. This is what happens when something seems to good to be true, it usually is. It never pays to do business with unscrupulous people. Cops will be given a structured pay back plan but the monies must be returned.
    AND YOU CAN PUT YOUR THUMBPRINT ON THAT!!

Pay it back Boys an Girls and give back the LOOT

danny boy who paid for your rolex? how many hours did you work at the routhstein detail? greenlaw has the books! Put a thumbprint on that danny boy!!

Pay it back Boys an Girls and give back the LOOT

danny boy who paid for your rolex? how many hours did you work at the routhstein detail? greenlaw has the books! Put a thumbprint on that danny boy!!
    Since Greenlaw has the books, they should all know exactly what they have to pay back for their little details..if they want the jeweler to pay back, the cops should too.
    still Waiting for the day..........

Once again I am sure Frank knew nothing about the issues at SID. hey what does he know about as a police Chief ?

I KNOW NOTHING NOTHING NOTHING

Once again I am sure Frank knew nothing about the issues at SID. hey what does he know about as a police Chief ?

I have know Frank for 28 years and he has the knowledge, ability and experience to be a Police Chief. Just like about of CEO and COO; you can not know everything that is going on in your dept/company. I am not an ex A/Chief nor high ranking person from FLPD, if you are wondering.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast