MPD ROOKIES WILL BE FIRST LAID OFF

MPD ROOKIES WILL BE FIRST LAID OFF

Layoff Fears Mean Real-Life Rookie Blues For New Recruits

When Budget Cuts Occur, Rookies Are Usually The First To Go

"Rookie Blue" may be a popular police drama on ABC, but local rookies have more to worry about than just learning the ropes.
    Last hired-first fired is becoming more common every day, as police departments deal with slashed budgets.
    Ozzie Gomez and Joey Drew are happy on the job as Miramar officers. The city hired five cadets from their graduating class at the police academy, and added 16 officers overall last year. Meanwhile, other Broward departments are dealing with hiring freezes or layoffs.
    "They're on the news just about every other day due to budgeting and they're laying off officers, which, you know, in years back was just unheard of," said Gomez.
    Handling a traffic accident or pulling over a driver is still pretty new to these rookies. Gomez and Drew are trying to stay focused on their job instead of worrying about possible cutbacks.
    Both started police work in their mid-30s, leaving other careers behind. Gomez worked in corrections.
    Drew in computers and personal training. And despite budget uncertainties, they're certain they made the right choice.

Re: MPD ROOKIES WILL BE FIRST LAID OFF

I ONLY CARE ABOUT THE MAKINITAS.

Re: MPD ROOKIES WILL BE FIRST LAID OFF

The Rookies have bad mouth the vet of this dept. and have gone as far as saying "get rid of all of the officers on the drop program, this way we can hire more officers for 1/2 the pay. They forget we gave us alot to keep them around when we were threaten with lay-off last time. They forget we saved them once and I for sure won't do it again. FIRE THEM! WHO CARES! They forget someday they would have become the vet of this dept. FIRE THEM! WHO CARES! FIRE THEM! WHO CARES! :evil:

Unregistered
    All you veterans do is complain I am rookie and worked 2x as hard as any of you old farts so I deserve to be paid what you make you deserve less then what I make.

Unregistered
    It's not that we complain, it's just some feel we are owed. Not all just a select few. The City is their own worst enemy. They extend the drop for select few higher paid ones. Instead of paying a livable wage to it's lower rants. I couldn't believe it when I heard Ron the Lube got his drop extended. A lazy suck ass commander. Yet so far all we have is his word on this. No real proof. No one should get their drop extended! Including yes me too. I was offered. Nope! Once I reach my 30 real soon. I'm gone. I watched too many good officers over the years get screwed over by us on staff, FOP and the city. Beside if you can't make a life after 30 years some place. You have a real problem. Go enjoy your family, before it's to late.

Unregistered
    Rookies are stupid for staying here when they could be making more elsewhere, I was stupid myself for staying so long , it's to late for me I got 12 years on I am here to stay but I am letting you all know get the F out of here F city hall

Unregistered
    Please lay them off I want my raise

Unregistered

Comesinta

Papo as long as you keep doing double the work for half the pay, the City will be okay. You see I was once like you, a young eager rookie officer that also did 2x the work for half the pay. ThenI started to see others who did not work as hard advance to positions they did not deserve and more importantly, were not qualified for. While they made easy money and spent good quality time with family, by contrast I had to work holidays and beg for E.O. even having C.E.O. denied many times. Specialzed training, denied. Vacation denied. While those not so qualified, not so hard working were getting it all. You are just a pawn, a spoke in the wheel, a tool for corrpt politians to use to advance their agenda and careers thereby by advancing the size of their bank accounts, all off the skin of your back.
    So continue to do 2x the work, the City will already got rid of the drop and those still here will not be "left or fired" we are soo understaffed, the folks a Panamerican Drive a going to bail out soon before this thing goes bust. Stay tuned....QUOTE=Unregistered;2521100]All you veterans do is complain I am rookie and worked 2x as hard as any of you old farts so I deserve to be paid what you make you deserve less then what I make.[

Unregistered
    Here we are again going after each others. You all got to remember it's our own fault. For believing the lie the FOP & city hall dumped onto all of us. The city claim NO=MONEY. Yet, staff has got, upward 10+% each raise. Almost every year. No money for step raises. Yet the mayor goes on T.V. bragging about having over 200 million in reserves and quickly gaining it way up to 300 million. Certain staff getting their drop extended to make a killing off their pension and 1% pay out.
    Guess none in a lower rank, can also learn that job. Staff will only LOOK out for their own. The FOP, will look after staff(not us), cause they want to be staff members too. Me I come to work handle my calls, write my reports and wave at Tyrone as he runs away. In 1 month I was able to watch 109 shows of the game of thrones. Wrote no tickets, since I'm always on report calls. My arrest went down 90%, as to the Sgt claims. You know what I don't care. Doesn't matter if your a rookie trying to impress someone, whom we all like to know or a vet doing their own thing. You do enough to show your busy, then staff or any of them middle midget management ones we have. Can't say or do a thing against you. You want to write me up for not meting your quarto, that you claim we don't have. Lets hold a press conferences, to hear you deny a quarto system, yet take negative action against us, for something that we are not to have. So get pissed at the vets, for getting tired of rim job we been getting for years. Since most of us are not covered by the FOP plan or the F&F plan. You rookies go ahead make a name for yourselves, which will more then likely get you in the news or better yet on a court docket as a defendant. You could do amazing things while you work. Really take some bad folks off the streets and someone on staff looks for a way to take you down, so he or she makes a even bigger name off of you when YOUR taken down. Good luck over this stupid bullshit. You playing right into the FOP plans, of disharmony we have for each other. Instead of banding together and making a different for ourselves.

Unregistered
    Veterans are a waist of space retire already you old ****s so I can make some $$$$