Quote Originally Posted by Guest07
Quote Originally Posted by Guest
Quote Originally Posted by Guest07
Quote Originally Posted by Guest
Quote Originally Posted by Broke Trooper
Can't we all just get along. Jesus
Apparently not. You need to do your homework. We have several specialized jobs within our agency. We have K-9'S, Motors, drug interdiction Troopers, and the Bureau of Investigations. Any you do what, Truck enforcement. We have had Troopers in the past that do that to. Did you really think they would eliminate the patrol and keep you guys, c'mon, really. I would like to think we could all get along at some point. How about we both stop slamming each other. You do your job and we will do ours.
Those are specialized units? I guess I will not be able to call my agency's K-9's or drug units out to our traffic stops anymore because FHP specializes in this and I should call them. I hate to tell you that my agency has all those, including Agriculture, marine unit, SRT and SWAT, oh and by the way we have our own THI unit. The one thing we do not have is a commercial vehicle unit. Now that's specialized. I do not know many agencies in Florida that has such a unit. And you said that you had people who could do commercial vehicle enforcement IN THE PAST.

Partner, as a city police officer I can tell you that you have nothing in your agency that is specialized other than your new DOT unit. Any officer can work a crash. I have worked with DOT many times in the past and hopefully FHP's attitude does not rub off on the DOT officers.

Who in the heck are you? My post was in response to FDOT. This is an FDOT post right. I am very well aware of the specialty units that are available in large city and county PD's. They have more money than State agencies. You are very sarcastic. I never claimed we were the best. I was just responding to the FDOT person about specialty units. And yes, its true, any one can work a crash but not always that well. Obviously that is the majority of what we do, so I think we have some skills in that area. Believe me I have ready crash reports from other agencies, V-1 struck V-2, end of report. Please go to the blog for your own department.
Who are you? You started this by saying FHP has specialized units. All I am saying is that FHP does not specialize in anything, other than the newly formed commercial unit. My agency has all of your specialized units and then some. The point of the previous poster was that there was talk about abolishing FHP but there was no talk of abolishing FDOT. Why, because they are specialized. Therefore, I go back to my original statement, the only specialized unit that FHP has is the commercial vehicle unit. Don't go bragging about how you read other agencies reports. I have read some reports from FHP. I would not go and brag.
Oh boy, another one rejected by FHP.......