New dispatch system

New dispatch system

I was wondering how your new North County dispatch system is working for you? I saw an article in the Post last week that slammed the Open Sky radio system.

For you old timers, how is the service versus the old days with PBSO?

Re: New dispatch system

Did you hear the episode on that system on Cop Talk Radio? If not go to http://www.coptalkradio.com and listen to it on the archives. I think it is the 6-1 show but don't quote me. yeah they nailed WPBPD, Gardens the Sheriff you name it but West Palm Beach PD is goinf to cost Juno Beach and PB Gardens a bundle if they don't go.

Wouldn't know because we're still on the old system. Good old Juno Beach blew the deal on getting a tower set up for the OpenSky, so Juno and Jupiter are still on the 800 mhz system. Maybe when Juno gets their heads out of their asses we'll get our tower. Check back in a couple years, maybe we'll have it by then.

WOW, If West Palm pulls out of the Consortium, it's gonna cost the Juno Taxpayers all of the thousands they were 'saving' by eliminating in-house dispatch service.

Are you getting the same or better service regarding calls or is it like the old PBSO days (for the 1 or 2 old timers still there)

Try 1 old timer. Juno had such a high turnover there's only 1 guy here from the PBSO days. Everyone else was hired after 2004.