Tobacco and Tattoo policies

Tobacco and Tattoo policies

I'm very interested in applying to and possibly joining the St. Pete Beach PD but I have 2 questions.
    Does SPBPD have a tobacco usage policy or requirement that applicants not have used for 6mos or 1 yr?
    Does SPBPD have a "visible tattoo" policy?
    Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

Re: Tobacco and Tattoo policies

no tobacco is allowed and the Chief does not like tattoo's. Good place to work if it wasn't for the city manager trying to cut the pension. Also, the city manger keeps cutting the budget the last several years. I'd be worried as the low person on roster....

Quote Originally Posted by drfdf
    no tobacco is allowed and the Chief does not like tattoo's. Good place to work if it wasn't for the city manager trying to cut the pension. Also, the city manger keeps cutting the budget the last several years. I'd be worried as the low person on roster....
    Is there a pre-employment abstention period? Most departments seem to be 6 months tobacco free. I smoked ONE cigar back in March and have not used any tobacco since. And at that I enjoy maybe 2-3 cigars a year.
    As for my tattoo. I have a tribal band on my right bicep that may be partially visible with short sleeve shirts but it is a few inches above the elbow. I'm very interested in joining SPBPD but just wanted to clarify a few things before I fly 1000 miles south to find out I'm not eligible.
    Thank you.

Why would you fly 1,000 miles for an agency that will hire one person?

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Why would you fly 1,000 miles for an agency that will hire one person?
    My wife relocated to Tampa with the kids and I need to find something permanent in the area. St. Pete Beach PD is a perfect fit for me.

WARNING!!!! STAY AWAY!!!!! FIND ANOTHER AGENCY!!!! Tampa PD, Temple Terrace PD, St Petersbrg PD, they are all hiring. This agency is in the toilet. Not going down the toilet, in the toilet. The pension will soon be one of the worst in the Tampa area. No raises or pay increases in several years. The City Manager hates the PD and has been trying to get rid of us for several years. He is making the conditions so bad that people are bailing quickly. Early retirements, guys going to other agencies, its bad. There is NO leadership here. Its is every man for himself. No reprocussions for bad behavior. You can even come to work drunk and not get in trouble (not once, but twice). Please heed the warning.