Goodbye DOT - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye DOT

Re: Goodbye DOT

My Gosh! Take it easy man! Take a zanax or two! You guys can not expect for this transition to be easy for everybody at MCCO. Everybody has concerns and we are not receiving any clear answers. It's a move is easier for someone who voluntarily applied to move to your agency, but when you have no choice in the matter and your slapped with changes which include getting paid once a month, having to contribute 3% to retirement from a pay chec that has not seen an increase in 5 years, probable demotions or terminations of fellow staff, additional responsibilities, the probability of being supervised by someone who has no idea about federal regulations and how they are applied. When we ask and we can't get a clear answer, so we are traveling blind, It's hard not to be pissed, and it's dificult, even when we have no real reason to bicker, to be friendly. I am unsure, I know that I will have opportunities to advance, but, I also dont want to lose other freedoms which are so valueble they are worth more than money. But for you to try to stand down one of our officers with threats of how your agency deals with people who dont want to be there, by firing them"...... That my friend, is a cheap shot! And only shows what a bully you are, and that is why our officers feel the way they do about FHP, they have a superiority complex!... and the world is yours and we must kiss your shiny shoes! Please! You don't scare, threaten or intimidate me. Only officers who dont have loyalty, character, respect, who are cowards and cant write a ticket, get fired! ....... Oh hell, better learn to red tag a car fast or get fired! And No, this is not your forum, its MCCO's forum, when I clicked to enter, it said Florida Department of Transportation, not FHP. Check your eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by unsure
    My Gosh! Take it easy man! Take a zanax or two! You guys can not expect for this transition to be easy for everybody at MCCO. Everybody has concerns and we are not receiving any clear answers. It's a move is easier for someone who voluntarily applied to move to your agency, but when you have no choice in the matter and your slapped with changes which include getting paid once a month, having to contribute 3% to retirement from a pay chec that has not seen an increase in 5 years, probable demotions or terminations of fellow staff, additional responsibilities, the probability of being supervised by someone who has no idea about federal regulations and how they are applied. When we ask and we can't get a clear answer, so we are traveling blind, It's hard not to be pissed, and it's dificult, even when we have no real reason to bicker, to be friendly. I am unsure, I know that I will have opportunities to advance, but, I also dont want to lose other freedoms which are so valueble they are worth more than money. But for you to try to stand down one of our officers with threats of how your agency deals with people who dont want to be there, by firing them"...... That my friend, is a cheap shot! And only shows what a bully you are, and that is why our officers feel the way they do about FHP, they have a superiority complex!... and the world is yours and we must kiss your shiny shoes! Please! You don't scare, threaten or intimidate me. Only officers who dont have loyalty, character, respect, who are cowards and cant write a ticket, get fired! ....... Oh hell, better learn to red tag a car fast or get fired! And No, this is not your forum, its MCCO's forum, when I clicked to enter, it said Florida Department of Transportation, not FHP. Check your eyes!
    I expect you to back your "fellow" MCC officer, but don't cover for him by excusing the $hit he is trying to stir up by saying "Well, you know, he's having a tough time of this whole thing right now, OK?" I know a trooper said in his prior post that he could only imagine what it would be like coming over if the roles were reversed and that he would be calling his legislators to support you guys getting a parity pay raise, so yeah there are those of us who are sympathetic to your issues and what you must be going through. It's still not an excuse for your 'fellow' officer or you to act like chumps, then attack and blame the people whom you will be working with, especially when they say they are trying to support you when THEY didn't have anything to do with this! That only means you're just wanting to lash out like a child and don't have it in you to be professional, and if you can't be professional you don't deserve to work ANYWHERE much less with us. Your 'fellow officer', while still attending his own pitty party, made statements like "I dont need to be 10-12 to evaluate a tire", "no this isnt just a 8 hour day for me", "Dont even try to compare our mission and training to yours because you wont shine", "So sad, that your mission, to you, is just an 8 hour day", "Dear Guest, I wont be quiting anytime soon, and I dont have to except a thing" ( I think he meant 'accept') and "you can keep your unsincere welcome too, I'm ready to take this ride." I believe THAT'S what bought him the response that the FHP was good about firing people that don't want to be here, because EVERYTHING that he has posted indicates he doesn't. But that isn't just an FHP thing; it's that way with ANY law enforcement agency (surprise)! If you act like you don't want to be there and talk $hit about the agency employing you and the officers that were there before you ("Everytime, we make you look like silly, I will smile. On the contrary, its you who are unwelcome! If you dont like our comments, then dont read our forum! Or is it, that your tired of looking at all the mug shots of all your arrested troopers on your forum????? ") then yeah, you're gonna get run off. Does that make the agency better than your former agency for doing that? Does that mean the officers there think they're superior to you or the ones at your former agency for doing that? Quit being a $hitbird, get off YOUR high horse, and take a look at what your "boy" said that warranted this in the first place, and quit making excuses for him alright? It ain't hard to spot somebody that doesn't like the FHP and doesn't like troopers, so letting them know up front that they won't have to quit if they don't want to be here but instead they'll be fired is NOT a threat (especially after the $hitty comments he made about his future employer and work mates). If he OR you or ANYONE ELSE coming over can't come over with a better attitude toward the troopers you will be working with (that haven't done a DAMNED thing to you except try to make you feel welcome), then you will be looked at as nothing more than excess baggage that we will have to carry. Now don't twist my words around, but seriously read what was put here and THINK ABOUT IT. Now, those Xanax bars you referred to earlier are segmented, so you can break them off into pieces. We've got our own (thank you) but you may want to consider dividing yours up and sharing them amongst yourselves, if you find you are still having all the grief you claim you are having over this affair!

Quote Originally Posted by sick and tired
    Dear Guest, I wont be quiting anytime soon, and I dont have to except a thing! And you can keep your unsincere welcome too, I'm ready to take this ride! Everytime, we make you look like silly, I will smile. On the contrary, its you who are unwelcome! If you dont like our comments, then dont read our forum! Or is it, that your tired of looking at all the mug shots of all your arrested troopers on your forum????? :devil:
    I hope you are not a DOT cop but some civilian trying to stir the pot.

Quote Originally Posted by www.dot.state.fl.us
    Good bye DOT, it's been nice knowing you. We've had some good times together, at least I have, I guess you never really liked us. Now you can't wait for us to leave so you can have our offices. Have a great life DOT, don't call us, we'll call you. Best of luck in the future.
    When I started this thread back on 5/8 I never dreamed that it would go in the direction it has. I had thought it might go in the direction of soon to be former DOT Officers expressing how they feel about the way Big DOT is dropping us like a hot potato and how they felt about it. Instead it has turned into a bashing from both sides- FHP and DOT towards each other. I truly hope that these posts are just civilians, former troopers and DOT officers or other LEOs trying to stir the pot. If the people on here are current employees of DOT and FHP, we really need to stop acting like this. In case you all don't realize it, the general public, other agencies and our elected officials get on this web site and read what we put on here. A lot of it is downright embarrassing. Whether you like it or not, the merger is going forward. Let's get together as the rank and file and make this as smooth as possible. We can't control what happens, but we can control our attitudes about what happens. Let's have positive attitudes of brotherhood and sisterhood and remember we are not each others enemies. No one is better than anyone else, we each have unique training and abilities, we both have hard workers and we both have slugs, we both have pretty people and we both have ugly people. We can and have to make this work.

Moderator- I hope you plan to disable the FDOT part of LEO Affairs July 1.

I agree! It terrible we express ourselves in this way (both agencies). I'm just a DOT who has no choice but to come over to FHP, I know I'll be OK, but there are so many unanswered questions. I have lots of FHP friends. I like them alot. I can't say that of everyone, but for the most part, it's good. I know there are alot of disgruntled DOT's right now, at times, myself included, and with good reasons. Just stop for a moment and think.... when someone is sick, hurt, or sad they don't want someone from the outside to talk or comfort them, they want their own. Let the DOTs express themselves to each other, and if a Trooper or outside agency wishes to give us a crutch, great....I can't make you understand, but I can ask you,not to make it worse.

I once handled a call for a trooper named Richard Whiskey. Is it true that they actually call him "**** Liquor?"

I once handled a call for a trooper named Richard Whiskey. Is it true that they actually call him "**** Liquor?" :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by The Real FDOT
    I once handled a call for a trooper named Richard Whiskey. Is it true that they actually call him "**** Liquor?" :mrgreen:
    You almost got me. I was just about to stat on SmartCop to SEE if we had a trooper by that name. Good one.

http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/2160

It's official.......................C ya DOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Done deal
    http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill/2011/2160

It's official.......................C ya DOT.

It's official. CD's nuts

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast