Goodbye DOT - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye DOT

Re: Goodbye DOT

I help troopers all the time, lately more than ever! I respond to good and dumb calls too. But I'm sure my fellow DOT officer didnt call a trooper to help him with his DUI packet, most likely you showed up for the arrest excitement. I dont need to be 10-12 to evaluate a tire and I know how to fill out my own DUI packets, and no this isnt just a 8 hour day for me. I love what I do and I know how to do it well, to most of us, (FDOT/MCCO) is very special, we deal with CMV, these drivers make this country prosper by transporting merchandise, fuel, food, electronics and the list goes on and on. Items which make you and I happy when we shop, yet most people dont give them any thought. These drivers work long hours, travel for weeks away from family, many are underpaid, some are overworked, some companies wont even pay them for their work, some have language barriers, etc, etc, These people are the movement of economy in this country, they are not just another stop to make another ticket. We are not here to put these people out of business by loading them up with so many safety equipment tickets, they cant actually purchase the tires they will need. The DOT Officers job is to ensure the safety of the vehicle, load, driver and the public, plus police and enforce State and Federal Regulations. Our training is intense and constant. Dont even try to compare our mission and training to yours because you wont shine!!! It is a magnificent position of which I'm am proud! So sad, that your mission, to you, is just an 8 hour day! :cry:

Quote Originally Posted by sick and tired
    I help troopers all the time, lately more than ever! I respond to good and dumb calls too. But I'm sure my fellow DOT officer didnt call a trooper to help him with his DUI packet, most likely you showed up for the arrest excitement. I dont need to be 10-12 to evaluate a tire and I know how to fill out my own DUI packets, and no this isnt just a 8 hour day for me. I love what I do and I know how to do it well, to most of us, (FDOT/MCCO) is very special, we deal with CMV, these drivers make this country prosper by transporting merchandise, fuel, food, electronics and the list goes on and on. Items which make you and I happy when we shop, yet most people dont give them any thought. These drivers work long hours, travel for weeks away from family, many are underpaid, some are overworked, some companies wont even pay them for their work, some have language barriers, etc, etc, These people are the movement of economy in this country, they are not just another stop to make another ticket. We are not here to put these people out of business by loading them up with so many safety equipment tickets, they cant actually purchase the tires they will need. The DOT Officers job is to ensure the safety of the vehicle, load, driver and the public, plus police and enforce State and Federal Regulations. Our training is intense and constant. Dont even try to compare our mission and training to yours because you wont shine!!! It is a magnificent position of which I'm am proud! So sad, that your mission, to you, is just an 8 hour day! :cry:
    OUCH! Whether you like it or not, welcome to FHP or quit. Those are your only options :lol:

Dude chill out...have a beer or something.

Your NEW "mission" is the same as all troopers effective July 1st, 2011. Your NEW "mission" will be redefined (as will ALL troopers) effective July 1st, 2011 (that's right; current troopers, under the revised statutes, will be responsible for doing part of what you do now, and "new" troopers will be responsible for doing what the current ones do now). If it helps, your NEW "mission" will now be redefined for you under F.S.S. Chapter 321 "Highway Patrol." (the statute that will give you your authority as a state trooper) You can read what your job will now encompass in this link http://www.flsenate.gov/Session/Bill...illText/er/PDF and scroll to line 937. Your FORMER "mission" has changed, as paragraph (32) of F.S.S. 334.044 (the statute that gave Department of Transportation the authority to have law enforcement officers) will be stricken from Florida State Statutes and will cease to exist.
    ALL OF THIS is posted here for a purpose. It is to get you to get a grip that this change WILL take place on July 1st, 2011 and you need to change with it. Sure, you're allowed to gripe and sure, allowed to blow off some steam about it, but not at soon-to-be co-workers! We have a chance of making this thing as seamless as possible. I have a couple of friends with FWC that I talk to, but look how long it has taken for them to get where they are now after THEIR merger. And there are STILL rifts that will take longer to heal. We all know the MCC division will continue to serve its purpose, but throwing stones at the people you are about to see and work with on a more-than-ever daily basis won't make this thing work any smoother. And no, it isn't just an 8 hour day for me (yep, I'm a trooper). My dad and grandfather were also troopers, and I've got 72 years of history and tradition I put on, snap on, button up, and zip up (easy, I'm talking about the shirt) every day when I go to work. I periodically look at the long line of pictures of Florida State Troopers killed in the line of duty over the decades, and think about some I personally knew and think of others I worked with that are still alive but are disfigured from being injured in the line of duty. With all that on my mind, I look in the mirror and ask myself "Am I doing the job in a manner befitting their memory, and would they be proud of me?" Don't you EVER assume that our "mission" is an eight hour day for all of us or you will be quickly corrected again.
    The biggest requirement for any law enforcement officer to stay in law enforcement for a long period of time is to change with the changes. Change is consistent and inevitable. It is time to change, or leave. Come over with a positive attitude, not pissed off at everyone for something that NONE of us had anything to do with.

This has to be a truck driver and not a DOT Officer. WOW!!! :shock:

Dear Guest, I wont be quiting anytime soon, and I dont have to except a thing! And you can keep your unsincere welcome too, I'm ready to take this ride! Everytime, we make you look like silly, I will smile. On the contrary, its you who are unwelcome! If you dont like our comments, then dont read our forum! Or is it, that your tired of looking at all the mug shots of all your arrested troopers on your forum????? :devil:

Dear Guest, I wont be quiting anytime soon, and I dont have to except a thing! And you can keep your unsincere welcome too, I'm ready to take this ride! Everytime, we make you look like silly, I will smile. On the contrary, its you who are unwelcome! If you dont like our comments, then dont read our forum! Or is it, that your tired of looking at all the mug shots of all your arrested troopers on your forum????? :devil:
    You won't have to quit. One thing you'll learn about your new employer soon enough is that they are good about firing people who don't want to be here. Good luck with that.
    YOUR forum is now OUR forum. Read it and weep.
    Soon to be YOUR arrested troopers (i.e. from YOUR agency). Better start learning some agency pride...in your NEW agency, that is, and attempt to foster others to not be like those former troopers.
    If this suckazz attitude is what you are about, you will soon be ferreted out and known by the rest of us (we're good about that). The rest of the officers that have to work around you will probably find it to be a breath of fresh air to be around others that aren't like you. I don't have to do a thing to you: you are already miserable enough, from the sound of you, but as long as we honest about it and agree it's by your CHOICE.

The original welcome was sincere enough; there was information provided to help with the mindset you should adopt coming over (most of us are happy about it; it wasn't so with two other state agencies that merged years ago, so y'all are ahead of the ball game). YOU seem to persist in the heels-dug-in, kicking-and-screaming, this-is-no-good-for-me attitude, instead of thinking about what's best for the agency and the citizens of this state. Eventually ALL state law enforcement agencies shoud be merged, if we are talking about what's in the best interest of the citizens of Florida, but hold outs like you will always be there to prevent this from happening. "I''m ready to take this ride." What a nice statement. If you CHOOSE to look at it like a beating, then like I said earlier I don't have to do a thing to you; you are already miserable enough and will be more so as time passes (guaranteed). For the rest of MCC that's ready to accept this change as something positive and potentially exciting, I'll be looking forward to meeting you and getting to know you. I've made some good friends with my agency and I'm looking to make some more.

Its the pay parity the is an issue. FDOT makes less base pay than FHP. We are to assume to roles and duties of FDOT and FHP and will STILL make less. NO an year later isn't the answer......With that said I am looking forward to working with FHP and their staff, not so much DHSMV but FHP. I hope you see my point here. I feel DHSMV hasn't did any favors for you....oooops....US Troopers. Most Troopers I have talked with look forward to working with us too. They are earger to watch and learn from us about CMV and not have to worry about the "my agency is better than yours" crap. Now we all can, GET TO WORK!!!!! No pun intended...haha :cop:

You won't have to quit. One thing you'll learn about your new employer soon enough is that they are good about firing people who don't want to be here. Good luck with that.
    YOUR forum is now OUR forum. Read it and weep.
    Soon to be YOUR arrested troopers (i.e. from YOUR agency). Better start learning some agency pride...in your NEW agency, that is, and attempt to foster others to not be like those former troopers.
    None of these responses are something to be proud about. Judging by the rest of your post you and the rest of the troopers are all happy and have great "agency pride". I can't wait to work with all of the happy positive people. Maybe we can have monthly meetings and eat cake! I heard you guys give out ribbons and other stuff for doing a great job. Is it true? It will be fun you'll see :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Dear Holdin On....
    Its the pay parity the is an issue. FDOT makes less base pay than FHP. We are to assume to roles and duties of FDOT and FHP and will STILL make less. NO an year later isn't the answer......With that said I am looking forward to working with FHP and their staff, not so much DHSMV but FHP. I hope you see my point here. I feel DHSMV hasn't did any favors for you....oooops....US Troopers. Most Troopers I have talked with look forward to working with us too. They are earger to watch and learn from us about CMV and not have to worry about the "my agency is better than yours" crap. Now we all can, GET TO WORK!!!!! No pun intended...haha :cop:
    My promise is that the next legislative session I WILL be on the phone and the email to my senator and representative telling them I want the parity issue taken care of! They will have no excuses, as we will ALL be under the same agency. I think that is something Director Jones, Colonel Brierton, and the FHP PBA should make a TOP priority before anything else on next year's budget! It's just the right thing to do. I can only imagine how I would feel coming over under those circumstances, and I hope the legislature makes it right. We also need to hit the Governor's office with contacts to let him know not to oppose it!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast