DEP STAFF CUTS - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DEP STAFF CUTS

Re: DEP STAFF CUTS

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    So, let me get this straight, the Park Police is still 10-8? I keep hearing conflicting stories. :?:
    We are fully funded and did not lose a single position.

Regardless of what previous posters that have came on here and stated, Gov Scott's and the Senate's budget had us fully funded. Only the house's budget had us eliminated and when the house and senate subcommittee met, that was corrected.
    By the skin of your teeth. You boys and girls better do something fantastic this fiscal year or you may see it again next year!

Sometimes when I come to this forum I think there has to be a "Hate Park Police" club out there somewhere. For such a small agency it seems to have alot of enemies who have a real problem with you all being around. What is the story with that? You fire a bunch of people lately maybe.

So, let me get this straight, the Park Police is still 10-8? I keep hearing conflicting stories. :?:
    We are fully funded and did not lose a single position.

Regardless of what previous posters that have came on here and stated, Gov Scott's and the Senate's budget had us fully funded. Only the house's budget had us eliminated and when the house and senate subcommittee met, that was corrected.
    By the skin of your teeth. You boys and girls better do something fantastic this fiscal year or you may see it again next year!

Sometimes when I come to this forum I think there has to be a "Hate Park Police" club out there somewhere. For such a small agency it seems to have alot of enemies who have a real problem with you all being around. What is the story with that? You fire a bunch of people lately maybe.

We terminated some lazy, unprofessional, people who should have never been law enforcement officers over the past two years and refused to hire others who were not qualified. If you go back over the posts of the past year or two you see the same thread....your agency is going to be eliminated, your agency is going to be merged.
    No one knows the future particularly with this governor and legislature.
    If you want to continue the doom and gloom, you could extrapolate and state FHP, FDLE, and other state agencies will be disbanded as well and the S.O. will have to assume their duties.
    The bottom line is that the ones coming on here and spewing their hate are doing it for a reason, either they are jealous, angry, or bored. Regardless, we will continue to do our job until we are no longer able to.

Look for DEP to merged next year. It is going to happen, it is just a matter of when. There is now a new task force created which includes State agencies and the Sheriffs Association to look at merging and consolidating State law enforcement. Note that DEP is not on the task force.
    Note: DEP was not on any of the task forces this year. We are still here and fully funded with all BPP positions intact. End of note.

Some have major with issues woth DEP/DLE having statewide arrest powers.

Some have major issues with DEP/DLE having statewide arrest powers.Spelling Corrected

Quote Originally Posted by HUTI SW
    Some have major issues with DEP/DLE having statewide arrest powers.Spelling Corrected
    They need to get over it. FHP, DOT, FWCC, and many other agencies have the same authority we have. We all are required to respond anywhere within the state of florida for emergencies. Laws were made to ensure that any law enforcement action required is not thrown out in court at a later date due to lack of authority or jurisdicition.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTI SW
    They need to get over it. FHP, DOT, FWCC, and many other agencies have the same authority we have. We all are required to respond anywhere within the state of florida for emergencies. Laws were made to ensure that any law enforcement action required is not thrown out in court at a later date due to lack of authority or jurisdicition.
    DOT MCC does not exist as of July 1. They were merged with FHP.

Park Police....no big loss
    Let me guess, you kept posting that we were gone right? Well, we are still here and you aren't. Goodbye.

I am glad I found this site, because I have some things to say.

I hate the the park police because they harass park patrons. I was drinking a beer in the park, minding my own business, when this "officer" comes up and gives me a ticket for $80.00. There was no sign saying no drinking and now I owe $80.00. WTF. Anyway I don't understand why such stupid rules are enforced. Everyone drinks in the park anyway.

Later, I go to a state park and there is no parking spaces left so I park on the grass. So now I get a GD parking ticket for "parking on the vegetation." Well I paid my three dollars to park my truck and I get a parking ticket. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Later, I get an ATV and decide to take it out to the park and have some fun, and I have to go to court now because its illegal to drive an ATV in the park. Then I tear it up because its BS and I get arrested on a warrant for not going to court and miss two days work. Again there was no sign saying I couldn't drive my ATV on the dunes and the judge still fines me $500.00.

I'll never go back to a park as long as I live. All I wind up doing is paying fines when police should be looking for real criminals.

The parks would be a better place without these Nazis.

Let me guess, you kept posting that we were gone right? Well, we are still here and you aren't. Goodbye.

I hate the the park police because they harass park patrons. I was drinking a beer in the park, minding my own business, when this "officer" comes up and gives me a ticket for $80.00. There was no sign saying no drinking and now I owe $80.00. WTF. Anyway I don't understand why such stupid rules are enforced. Everyone drinks in the park anyway.

Later, I go to a state park and there is no parking spaces left so I park on the grass. So now I get a GD parking ticket for "parking on the vegetation." Well I paid my three dollars to park my truck and I get a parking ticket. BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Later, I get an ATV and decide to take it out to the park and have some fun, and I have to go to court now because its illegal to drive an ATV in the park. Then I tear it up because its BS and I get arrested on a warrant for not going to court and miss two days work. Again there was no sign saying I couldn't drive my ATV on the dunes and the judge still fines me $500.00.

I'll never go back to a park as long as I live. All I wind up doing is paying fines when police should be looking for real criminals.

We''ll miss you former park patron, NOT!

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast