Unbelievable again - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Re: Unbelievable again

There are qualified, competent supervisors at SPD. Supervisors who are respected and care about the agency as a whole. The problem is that with the current promotion process, achieving a higher rank is a crap shoot. Everyone knows who the good, mediocre, and bad supervisors are. Unfortunately, over the past 2-3 chiefs, not a one of them has had the stones to bypass anyone on the list regardless of their ability or inability to do the job right. Being a leader means sometimes having to make decisions that are not popular and go against the grain. Lets just hope that the promotional committee does the right thing and comes up with a new process that will actually promote leaders.

I think that eveyone on here is looking for a leader, but on this SGT's list you will not find it. number 4 on the list is the best hope, but what can one man do. There is little hope which goes along with the little pensions we are about to recieve for our hard work. So we are beaten and beaten, so what do we do?

I have an idea lets kick another DeNiro out of CID, that should improve morale. The beatings will continue.

Quote Originally Posted by thefuture
    There are qualified, competent supervisors at SPD. Supervisors who are respected and care about the agency as a whole. The problem is that with the current promotion process, achieving a higher rank is a crap shoot. Everyone knows who the good, mediocre, and bad supervisors are. Unfortunately, over the past 2-3 chiefs, not a one of them has had the stones to bypass anyone on the list regardless of their ability or inability to do the job right. Being a leader means sometimes having to make decisions that are not popular and go against the grain. Lets just hope that the promotional committee does the right thing and comes up with a new process that will actually promote leaders.
    Just FYI the promotional committee has already been dissolved so I doubt a new process is coming anytime soon.

Really???? The promotional committee has been dissolved?? I happened to run into the sergeant who has spearheaded this whole promotional change last week who advised the members have been selected and the first meeting is set. Where are you getting your information from????

Quote Originally Posted by FYI
    Quote Originally Posted by thefuture
    Just FYI the promotional committee has already been dissolved so I doubt a new process is coming anytime soon.
    You're an idiot. All you are doing is trying to stir up more animosity. The committee is still on. Go back to bed so you can get enough sleep to work your shift instead of trying to start more rumors.

Which Deniro are you talking about? The one that falsified his Police reports on not just one, but several cases or is it the Deniro that vandalized the bar at the FOP lodge because he was mad at one of our Officers who just did the right thing because of the unprofessional behavior of the first Deniro? Just gotta be a little more specific when it comes to the Brothers.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Which Deniro are you talking about? The one that falsified his Police reports on not just one, but several cases or is it the Deniro that vandalized the bar at the FOP lodge because he was mad at one of our Officers who just did the right thing because of the unprofessional behavior of the first Deniro? Just gotta be a little more specific when it comes to the Brothers.
    LINDA

I thought I would post this here since it seems to be the most read post.
    ATTENTION ALL YOU YOUNG OFFICERS:

Go to the meeting monday night and be heard. This contract affects you more than the older guys but I am only hearing of the older guys going to the meeting. Don't complain if you dont show up to attempt to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Support!!!
    I thought I would post this here since it seems to be the most read post.
    ATTENTION ALL YOU YOUNG OFFICERS:

Go to the meeting monday night and be heard. This contract affects you more than the older guys but I am only hearing of the older guys going to the meeting. Don't complain if you dont show up to attempt to fight.

Thanks to everyone who was there to help, old and young alike.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567