Will failing the PAT get you fired?

Will failing the PAT get you fired?

I just took my PAT and did pretty well for an old man. Beat a bunch of new guys so I felt pretty good.

I was wondering on your "Receipt" it has a warning section and a failed section. If you fail, they will reschedule you in 2 weeks. It also says to review GO xxx.

Now my question Will they fire you if you don't pass?

I'm a firm believer in you have to be in decent shape to be a deputy so I support the PAT. But will they fire you? Has anyone failed and been given an ultimatum?

Re: Will failing the PAT get you fired?

I'm in shape....round is a shape. PAT is a joke compared to other states. Be glad your fat arse is in FL!

Re: Will failing the PAT get you fired?

If you fail you are immediately placed on "light duty" status and the training section will reschedule you in two weeks to re-take the PAT. If you fail again, you can remain on "light duty" status for up to 8 months total and take the PAT again when training advises. If you still do not pass, then they can try to find you a clerical job or terminate you. It's their choice. You have to be in really, really bad shape to fail the PAT. There are people in their 50s who regularly get the $100 PAT bonus so practically anyone can do it. If you fail the PAT, you have some serious underlying health problems and it would be a good idea to change your lifestyle (diet & exercise) and take care of yourself otherwise you will die early and not get to enjoy much of your retirement, if you even make it that far.