Just an idea

Thread: Just an idea

Just an idea

The below proposal is for the state of North Carolina. If it catches on I wonder if Scott will consider abolishing Florida's ABT? Maybe somebody should send this article to him. Think of all the slackers it would get rid of, not to mention all the money the state would save. What's his email address?

Capitol Police could be folded into another agency under proposed cuts.
    Email Print Order Reprint
    Share: Share This Share Text tool name
    close x
    tool goes here
    BY MICHAEL BIESECKER - Staff Writer
    Republican legislators are considering deep budget cuts that could include the elimination of the State Capitol Police and the Division of Alcohol Law Enforcement, as well as closing prisons and drug treatment centers.

A House committee that will help decide specific cuts is expected to meet later this week. A draft list of 71 proposed trims seeks to slash about $230 million from the state's justice and public safety programs, potentially eliminating more than 1,600 government jobs.

The list, developed by legislative staffers, also calls for reducing funds for the N.C. National Guard and eliminating paid staff for the Civil Air Patrol, as well as laying off prison chaplains and ending a program that puts inmates to work picking up litter and painting playgrounds.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/05/ ... z1IfgkMWij

Re: Just an idea

Quote Originally Posted by Secret Chipmonk
    The below proposal is for the state of North Carolina. If it catches on I wonder if Scott will consider abolishing Florida's ABT? Maybe somebody should send this article to him. Think of all the slackers it would get rid of, not to mention all the money the state would save. What's his email address?

Capitol Police could be folded into another agency under proposed cuts.
    Email Print Order Reprint
    Share: Share This Share Text tool name
    close x
    tool goes here
    BY MICHAEL BIESECKER - Staff Writer
    Republican legislators are considering deep budget cuts that could include the elimination of the State Capitol Police and the Division of Alcohol Law Enforcement, as well as closing prisons and drug treatment centers.

A House committee that will help decide specific cuts is expected to meet later this week. A draft list of 71 proposed trims seeks to slash about $230 million from the state's justice and public safety programs, potentially eliminating more than 1,600 government jobs.

The list, developed by legislative staffers, also calls for reducing funds for the N.C. National Guard and eliminating paid staff for the Civil Air Patrol, as well as laying off prison chaplains and ending a program that puts inmates to work picking up litter and painting playgrounds.

Read more: http://www.newsobserver.com/2011/04/05/ ... z1IfgkMWij
    I beg your pardon...apparently you don't know everyone that works for DABT. Your reflection of slackers must be a self centered statement that frankly, is getting somewhat boring. There are people that work within DABT who actually enjoy their job and do very well and will continue to produce. Why when things seem to settle down on one thread, you have to drum up some other silliness. There are some individuals that are mature enough to come to work and enjoy their prescribed duties. If you indeed work for our agency and are as discontented as you continue to spout, may I suggest sending your resume' out! I believe you may be better suited for the funeral home. See those folks truley do just lie around and I guess you could call them "slackers".

Thank you for your reply but you didn't give me Scott's email address. You probably have your biweekly paycheck electronically deposited so that you don't actually have to sign for the compensation the state pays for you doing nothing. es spirit de cour no longer exists for ABT. It was lost years ago with an administration that decided that accepting money from the federal govt. to chase kids all over the state in lieu of all other investigations was our signature mission. If you're happy with that then knock yourself out.

I am not just another dumb blonde in Ft. Myers. Rick Scott has it right. Most of the Agents that I have worked with are "Slackers". If it was not for all my work in my office, we would not have any underage drinking arrest. I take the time to do surveys, and would likt to see anyone even try to match my arrest. I don't waste time on Admin. cases because they are a joke and don't deserve the time put into them.

Quote Originally Posted by Headress
    I am not just another dumb blonde in Ft. Myers. Rick Scott has it right. Most of the Agents that I have worked with are "Slackers". If it was not for all my work in my office, we would not have any underage drinking arrest. I take the time to do surveys, and would likt to see anyone even try to match my arrest. I don't waste time on Admin. cases because they are a joke and don't deserve the time put into them.
    Wow! I never knew that Rick Scott was so informed. For him to know that you're the only real worker in the Ft. Myers office is remarkable. Has he gone out on beverage patrol with you? Seems like he would have had to in order to have that kind of information. As I said earlier..........you want to chase kids for the rest of your life, knock yourself out. Have you ever considered the challenge of investigating a relinquishing of control of a licensed premises? Here's a scenario for you: A licensee farms out his licensed premises to someone totaly unknown to ABT for X number of dollars a month. Actually, there is a lease agreement that spells out the details but if all you can do is chase minors then it's unlikely that you'll ever see it. Oh, guess what? The undisclosed interest is a convicted felon whose qualification to hold a license (or even work in a licensed premises) is impaired. Right from the git go there is no employer / employee relationship between these people and remember that somewhere in beverage law it plainly states that no one may engage in the sale of alcoholic beverages w/o a license. The exception of course is to work for someone who does hold a beverage license so my oh my, where do you begin? Maybe one of those minors you caught last week could tell you that you begin with the license file. Before you go to the business you should have an idea of who your suppose to be dealing with. When you get to the premises you might wonder who the employees you see working there work for and who controls the business account that these employees and other busines expenses are paid from. Do I need to go further? You should have an idea by now that there are situations out there that represent a challenge but many don't want to learn the basics and are satisfied with just laying in ambush and snagging a few kids now and then to meet some kind of production mandate. Now that Spring Break is almost over you should have enough productivity to carry you on throughout the year. I could go on and on but I'll leave it here for now. This is but one example of an opportunity to take the challenge and show your investigative prowess which has the potential of setting you apart from mediocrity. Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Wow! I never knew that Rick Scott was so informed. For him to know that you're the only real worker in the Ft. Myers office is remarkable. Has he gone out on beverage patrol with you? Seems like he would have had to in order to have that kind of information. As I said earlier..........you want to chase kids for the rest of your life, knock yourself out. Have you ever considered the challenge of investigating a relinquishing of control of a licensed premises? Here's a scenario for you: A licensee farms out his licensed premises to someone totaly unknown to ABT for X number of dollars a month. Actually, there is a lease agreement that spells out the details but if all you can do is chase minors then it's unlikely that you'll ever see it. Oh, guess what? The undisclosed interest is a convicted felon whose qualification to hold a license (or even work in a licensed premises) is impaired. Right from the git go there is no employer / employee relationship between these people and remember that somewhere in beverage law it plainly states that no one may engage in the sale of alcoholic beverages w/o a license. The exception of course is to work for someone who does hold a beverage license so my oh my, where do you begin? Maybe one of those minors you caught last week could tell you that you begin with the license file. Before you go to the business you should have an idea of who your suppose to be dealing with. When you get to the premises you might wonder who the employees you see working there work for and who controls the business account that these employees and other busines expenses are paid from. Do I need to go further? You should have an idea by now that there are situations out there that represent a challenge but many don't want to learn the basics and are satisfied with just laying in ambush and snagging a few kids now and then to meet some kind of production mandate. Now that Spring Break is almost over you should have enough productivity to carry you on throughout the year. I could go on and on but I'll leave it here for now. This is but one example of an opportunity to take the challenge and show your investigative prowess which has the potential of setting you apart from mediocrity. Have a nice day.
    Apparently you are not aware that Rick Scott has a house in Naples, so he just might have a pipeline into the Ft. Myers office and what goes on there. Meaning he knows what goes on through out the state. ABT days are numbered get out while you can. Please don't say that the industry wants you thats why you are still here. Who do you work for the state or the industry? If you said the industry, that just makes you a whore.

Apparently you are not aware that Rick Scott has a house in Naples, so he just might have a pipeline into the Ft. Myers office and what goes on there. Meaning he knows what goes on through out the state. ABT days are numbered get out while you can. Please don't say that the industry wants you thats why you are still here. Who do you work for the state or the industry? If you said the industry, that just makes you a whore.

I love the certainty of your post.