"Dear Mr. Secretary:" - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: "Dear Mr. Secretary:"

Quote Originally Posted by forgiven
    I totally agree, well written post. Also, the e-mails we have started to received from Rick Scott's office can stop. The propanganda is sickening. Remember who these elected officials are when the next election comes around.
    Ab so friggin lutely.

Quote Originally Posted by bull crap
    And because of the actions of Scott and Buss and the non actions of pba, you will be unemployed and you will not have to read the stupid compass! If all you are worried about right now is the compass, you have way to much time on your hands! Who in the hell reads that piece of crap? One of the follow items has or will happen to you in the time to come, You received no raise in over five years. You were or will be laid off, again! You are going to lose 3 percent of your pay. Your insurance cost are going up. The prison you work at is closing. Your part of Florida is going private and you will now be working ( if they keep you ) for Geo Inc.

WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE, YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE COMPASS? NO, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU POST OPEN CARRY MAN. WHEN THE TITANIC WAS SINKING, DO YOU THINK ANYONE WAS LOOKING TO TAKE A BATH? GET REAL...
    Tisk Tisk, you can't talk bad on this site about pba! They will call you Phil and ask for you to be banned!

[quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry Man
    Quote Originally Posted by "bull crap":3a7xtf6h
    And because of the actions of Scott and Buss and the non actions of pba, you will be unemployed and you will not have to read the stupid compass! If all you are worried about right now is the compass, you have way to much time on your hands! Who in the hell reads that piece of crap? One of the follow items has or will happen to you in the time to come, You received no raise in over five years. You were or will be laid off, again! You are going to lose 3 percent of your pay. Your insurance cost are going up. The prison you work at is closing. Your part of Florida is going private and you will now be working ( if they keep you ) for Geo Inc.

WITH ALL OF THE ABOVE, YOU WANT TO TALK ABOUT THE COMPASS? NO, I DO NOT AGREE WITH YOU POST OPEN CARRY MAN. WHEN THE TITANIC WAS SINKING, DO YOU THINK ANYONE WAS LOOKING TO TAKE A BATH? GET REAL...
    There are plenty of threads addressing those other points, and I have contributed to those threads. My concern is for the effect of the day-to-day insensitivity of those in management on employees with something to be afraid of.

People DO read the COMPASS. Indeed, more people read it last Friday than in a long time, wondering what it WOULDN'T say. The looming disaster for us is not immediate; it's like a hurricane in the midst of the Atlantic, and while it may wipe some of us out, there is (A) time to prepare, and (B) time where we will have to endure waiting for the blow. Not fun.

Mr. Buss could make that part easier, not just for officers, but for clerical and PPSs, whose prospects upon being laid off are often worse then ours. I don't believe in asking people for what then can't deliver, but Mr. Buss can, if he chooses, start using the COMPASS to be forthright with thousands who have been faithful to the Department, and are about to be kicked to the curb. That will by my measure of his manhood and his character.
    Buss is a politician basically. He is not going to give more than some PC political response (BULL SHIZ) to those affected.[/quote:3a7xtf6h]

No, Buss will not answer you at all. He knows that pba is weak and is on it's last leg. After the PERC hearing on 05/20/2011, the real union will be taking over.

The Teamsters

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    No, Buss will not answer you at all. He knows that pba is weak and is on it's last leg. After the PERC hearing on 05/20/2011, the real union will be taking over.

The Teamsters
    PBA isn't "weak", PBA is on life support.

Quote Originally Posted by Open Carry Man
    Dear Mr. Secretary:

I'm not going to spend time bashing you for what Rick Scott does. You work for him, and if it wasn't you, it would be someone else. I didn't bash Robert Bork when he carried out Nixon's order to fire Archibald Cox, so I'm not going to bash you for you following orders, either. I WILL, however, ask you to address things that you CAN address. Like the COMPASS.

During a week where events in Tallahassee (events driven by Rick Scott, Mike Haridopolos, J. D. Alexander, Dean Cannon, et. al) have given just cause for thousands (literally, thousands) of DC employees to have massive concerns for their long-term economic futures, the COMPASS contained the usual pap. Thank-you letters. Stories of "us-succeeding-when-they-succeed" re-entry. But no mention, no word from you acknowledging the LEGITIMATE pain and angst experienced by thousands under your leadership (and their families).

The COMPASS going forth as usual is an example of offending by minimizing and ignoring. DC employees that are facing their jobs being eliminated (and that's what we are facing) are not enlightened or comforted by human interest stories about re-entry or cainine units, or folks receiving service pins. (The service pin stories are knives in the back; thousands of us are facing the idea of no more service pins ever.) Basic respect for your employees, Mr. Secretary, would include acknowledging the legitimate (and Rick Scott-created) fears for the future of many DC employees by addressing them directly, and not by ignoring them and using the COMPASS as ham-handed attempts to distract us all from the obvious. It is NOT business as usual for thousands you purport to lead; we should not be sent a business-as-usual COMPASS that denies the hardships that hang over thousands of our heads.

Mr. Secretary, I am requesting that the COMPASS contain relavant information FROM YOU regarding the issues that currently affect our jobs and our livelihoods. A good start would be to hear from you, directly, as to what your actual stance is on privatization. I believe that the privatization of probation is an idea you have embraced, even if you did not originate it. If that is not true, we need to hear that from you, directly. If it is true, that will come out, and if it comes out from sources other than yourself, the anger will be even greater. We are professionals; we dont want bad news, but it's even worse when we get bad news after being misled.

How you respond to this, sir, will provide a measure of your character. It is not too much to ask that the rubbing of salt into our wounds stop, and an honest, relevant COMPASS woul be a step in that direction. Please consider what we are being put through, and consider this in light of the fact that almost all of this chose this career choosing security and stability over greater compensation.

Sincerely:

Open Carry Man
    Mr. Secretary,

Your Monday afternoon thank you sessions full of pompous titles and brown nosing are a joke.

P.S. and we are sick and tired of you and your good friends at pba! It is time to bring in a real union that will fight for the members.

The Teamsters

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12