PASS THE WORD AROUND - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: PASS THE WORD AROUND

Quote Originally Posted by Average Joe
    Hey NB, a friend of mine in Tallahassee told me Thursday that someone added language to a bill that would effect the cities in a big way. Seems unions will not be able to bargain their multiplier and they also would be subject to the 30/60. Also added was not only an end to DROP, but as of July 1 anyone in DROP would have to retire. I have talked to several officers from South Florida who are saying the same thing.
    A.J. I don't see how the new governor and legislature can mandate how a municipality administers their own non FRS retirement program. Their plans have nothing to do with FRS and they are not state employee's. I would think that the mayors and other city brass in the places such as Tampa, Orlando, Miami, and all the other big and small towns that handle their own plans would take offense and fight this.

[quote=The Nitely Blog]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Average Joe":2jw053nx
    Hey NB, a friend of mine in Tallahassee told me Thursday that someone added language to a bill that would effect the cities in a big way. Seems unions will not be able to bargain their multiplier and they also would be subject to the 30/60. Also added was not only an end to DROP, but as of July 1 anyone in DROP would have to retire. I have talked to several officers from South Florida who are saying the same thing.
    A.J. I don't see how the new governor and legislature can mandate how a municipality administers their own non FRS retirement program. Their plans have nothing to do with FRS and they are not state employee's. I would think that the mayors and other city brass in the places such as Tampa, Orlando, Miami, and all the other big and small towns that handle their own plans would take offense and fight this.[/quote:2jw053nx]

City pensions are regulated by FSS, I am told they are trying to change the rules just like they are doing with FRS. What I hear is that the multiplier would be set by the city administration and be non negotiable by the bargaining units.

It has to pass first. I think there will be a mandated 3% contribution to FRS for current employees who are not on DROP and there will be no more people allowed on Drop after July 1. As afer as mandating people who are on Drop to leave July 1; it wouldn't pass any legal scrutiny. If someone introduced that provision, it is for showboating not for reality. You can't force the termnation of someone without cause which is essentially that provision would do.

Only about 100 booing TURDS showed up at the ball game.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Only about 100 booing TURDS showed up at the ball game.

TROLL ALERT

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123