Flexing duty to work OT?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Flexing duty to work OT?

Can we officers flex our patrol shift duty hours so that we can work OT? Can we work OT during our assigned duty hours? I know several specialized position personnel and supervisors have been permitted to do this. There are even Patrol Sergeants who are even working other shifts so they can work some easy OT. Patrol officers have been and are being denied this benefit. What is the reason for this? Manpower? Is this fair to those who work the hardest and have the most responsiblity and accountability (PATROL OFFICERS)?

Admin, you read this. Please respond or we will ask the City Manager in an "open door" email.

Re: Flexing duty to work OT?

Instead of making a threat, why don't you march your rear end upstairs and ask the question like a big boy. I bet they will tell you can do it also if manpower allows it. But hey, that's not as much fun as threatening to go tell dad is it...

Patrol officers can also adjust work hours to accomodate OT. You just need your supervisor's approval and yes, it will depend on manpower. This policy was addressed back when Archer-Western OT was being posted. Mod 557

I thought flex time was gone? So the units who don't have manpower restrictions get an automatic advantage? So really they are getting specialized position pay (for less work) on top of all the overtime they can gobble up? Shouldn't an employee have to work their assigned hours? Aren't those hours set so they can perform the function they are supposed to? Isn't that kind of corrupt?

Why don't you go to the OT board and sign up, you remind me of a Peter Brady tattle tale, I am sure everyone does less work than you. Go tell mommy, she has an open (back door if you know what I mean) door policy, at least she did with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Open door policy
    Why don't you go to the OT board and sign up, you remind me of a Peter Brady tattle tale, I am sure everyone does less work than you. Go tell mommy, she has an open (back door if you know what I mean) door policy, at least she did with me.
    It is only a short matter of time before I figure out who you are. I see repeated knee strikes to the throat and spleen in your future.

Now do you see why you can't work overtime? You failed the test, someone will insult you and you will knee strike them. I challenge you to a bully beatdown.

I bring up a point, which if you think about it and are being honest, it is very unfair to the patrol officer, and I get slammed, bullied and threatened with violence? This is why this board has to be anonymous. Whistle blowers who point out corruption get attacked.

I'm addicted to beating people up, I think.
    It is a rare occurence for me to see another male and not visualize physically beating him into submission. I believe Dr. Phil refers to this as "The Warrior Gene".
    Often times, my visualizations progress to see an actual battlefield of the ancient variety. I don't visualize shooting people, not that kind of battlefield, so there is no need to panic. I mean swords, spears, and shields. Alone on a field of victory, covered in my enemies' blood.

Sounds like too much World of Warcraft...."warrior gene"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast