DEP Police - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DEP Police

Re: DEP Police

[quote=So Fla Trooper][quote=Guest]
    Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by "dep leo":2yxv53a0
    Quote Originally Posted by "Floyd the Barber":2yxv53a0
    Why does any of this talk surprise anyone? Would you think that Gov. Scott is going to come out to the public and say that he is going to cut out DEP Park Police? Come on get real!

Don't surprised if it doesn't happen. If you are lucky, agency mergers may be in line instead of abolishing the agency all together. If the agency head start retiring quickly, that is called a clue, and you should pay attention.

Best of luck to DEP LEO.
    One of the senate subcommittees initially had it as a budget line item to abolish the DEP police and outsource the security of all parks. In the past couple of days, that line has been removed. It is still too early to say for sure what will happen once the final budget is passed. It appears all of the agencies are having to worry. FWC stands to lose up to 169 officers if the budget went through as proposed.
    Maybe the DEP LEOs should apply with DOT Motor Carrier Compliance. They are at least going to be picked up by the FHP and will have jobs, it looks like. Better to be with than without.
    Why not merge DEP with FWC?[/quote:2yxv53a0]
    It would make the most sense and would be the most logical step. My understanding is there are too many FWC brass (mostly GFC leftovers) that didn't want DEP in the first place and would only want to pick and choose which elements came over (investigations). They like pounding on the "We're Constitutionalized" mantra everytime you talk about doing what's best for the state instead of them. Heck, it took a state wide vote on a constitutional amendment over GFC's protests to get them to merge with FMP (a top notch agency). I wish the best for the DEP personnel. Heck, let's merge the FHP and DEP together and form a Florida State Patrol! Makes sense to me![/quote:2yxv53a0]
    I love it when people talk about things that they know nothing about. The current Col. of FWC is a former FMP, as is my Lt. Col. as is my Major and Capt. I may I add they are doing a jam up job. Have you seen our bail out plan which loses over a hundred positions ??

which bill talks about eliminating DEP POLICE?

which bill talks about eliminating DEP POLICE?
    Senate subcommittee. It itemized each area of each department and shows the proposed budget by the agency, the proposed budget by the govenor, and the proposed budget by the senate subcomittee. It initially proposed outsourcing and was later removed from the bill. Until a bill is finally passed, everything is still on the table. It is unknown at this time if the house is considering a similiar proposal.

Great discussions! Now I ask everyone to think as to why the administration of DEP is not sharing with everyone? Maybe they are politically manuevering for new positions somewhere else? Why would they push out to the Captains to tell the field? Come on, ask yourself, where are they in time of turmoil? Just asking?

Quote Originally Posted by DEPPEEPS
    Great discussions! Now I ask everyone to think as to why the administration of DEP is not sharing with everyone? Maybe they are politically manuevering for new positions somewhere else? Why would they push out to the Captains to tell the field? Come on, ask yourself, where are they in time of turmoil? Just asking?
    If you are checking your emails, it answers the question.

Yep we are thin but somehow end up working burglaries,domestics etc. No offense but when you all go home we get the calls in the evening. Its not your fault. It is not practical to have one officer in a park at night when no one can see them anyway. It doesnt matter to us either way. We will still respond. Just put it in pending with the rest of the calls. We get there when we get there. I wish you all well and would hate to see anyone out of a job.
    Let it wait like the rest of the calls. The public will have to suffer .They don't care anyway. They want to cut us down in order to save tax $. They will soon see, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Hey dont start trashing other agencies. No offense but we are already here and are the primary law enforcement in Florida anyway. "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" That is uncalled for. If it was Wakenhut security I would have to agree with you however you call 911 . I do not recall the call taker saying "Florida Park Police what is the nature of your call"..... The taxes already cover Office of the Sheriffs in all 67 counties. Again I can understand you being stressed but creating tensions bewtween other agencies is not the answer.

Some of the problem is communication. Most dispatchers are not aware that the Park Police are dispatched through FHP and fail to contact the FHP dispatcher to see if an officer is working.

Yep we are thin but somehow end up working burglaries,domestics etc. No offense but when you all go home we get the calls in the evening. Its not your fault. It is not practical to have one officer in a park at night when no one can see them anyway. It doesnt matter to us either way. We will still respond. Just put it in pending with the rest of the calls. We get there when we get there. I wish you all well and would hate to see anyone out of a job.
    Let it wait like the rest of the calls. The public will have to suffer .They don't care anyway. They want to cut us down in order to save tax $. They will soon see, YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!

Hey dont start trashing other agencies. No offense but we are already here and are the primary law enforcement in Florida anyway. "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" That is uncalled for. If it was Wakenhut security I would have to agree with you however you call 911 . I do not recall the call taker saying "Florida Park Police what is the nature of your call"..... The taxes already cover Office of the Sheriffs in all 67 counties. Again I can understand you being stressed but creating tensions bewtween other agencies is not the answer.

Some of the problem is communication. Most dispatchers are not aware that the Park Police are dispatched through FHP and fail to contact the FHP dispatcher to see if an officer is working.

No you misunderstood me. I was not bashing any agency. I was just saying the public wants everything but does not want to pay for anything. Therefore, if the public wants more tax savings and cuts to police and fire, then they will suffer and have to wait for service. The public can't get everything for nothing like they want. I hope this clears up the mistake. Thanks.

No problem. Thanks for clarifying. The Florida Sheriff's Association apparently said in a letter that they do not support outsourcing as they would get no additional coverage by deputies. It would remain as is.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast