DEP Police - Page 13
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: DEP Police

Re: DEP Police

You hit it dead on.I am,you all should to.Do Not wait.
    Looks like US DHS Marine Interdication Agents are aval.in Florida.The Feds seem the way to go.
    Just Saying....

I hate to say it, but if DEP DLE is not included on the commission, it is an ominous indicator on our continued existence.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I hate to say it, but if DEP DLE is not included on the commission, it is an ominous indicator on our continued existence.
    True, but at this time, every state LEO agency is on the chopping block. The commission is charged with looking at duplication within the same areas. That applies to almost everyone...FHP, AGLAW, Fire Marshal, FWC, DEP, FDLE, University police, Division of Insurance, Attorney General, etc. A case could be made that the SO or Police could take over all of these areas. A major issue with that is expense and a high certainty of a lapse in coverage. The state will not eliminate all or many of the state agencies only to give the funding to SO and Police departments. The fact is, if any funding is provided at all, it will likely last only 1-2 years. The result would necessitate higher taxes and fees or little to no coverage.

For the citizens who get on this board and want to put in their two cents, it will not result in lower taxes for you or any other favorable action. You want proof? You probably supported the proposal that required all government workers to pay 3% of their salaries into FRS. If you read the newspapers, watch TV, surf the internet, etc.. you will see that many city and county goverments are now raising their employees salaries an additional 3-3.5% to cover the loss in pay (this means you are paying more, not less).

In the coming years, you will see all state employees salaries raise in large part to the reduced benefits the state is now offering.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213